Jamie Devitt (signs for Blackpool) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jamie Devitt (signs for Blackpool)

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Ryan Lowe "bumped into" Jamie Devitt in the Trafford Centre on Sunday and went onto say he is a very good player who he'd love at Argyle.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Joe Totale":3ux8xuw8 said:
The Doctor":3ux8xuw8 said:
Dalton Is God":3ux8xuw8 said:
Salford also linked

That’s probably that then... Whatever happens, I can tell which team are going to get on my nerves most next season.

A number of friends are fans of National League sides and by common consensus Salford were by far the least popular club in the league. They're all happy to see the back of them.

Starting to sound like Salford are signing up all the free agents to win the league by default.

Mar 14, 2009
I got to be honest here.

If It was us spending this money, we wouldn't care what other teams thought about us. In fact we would just say other clubs are jealous of us.

They have more money than most lower league teams. Yet they are trying to be successful. Most clubs who are successful are nowadays buying their way out of leagues. Its just the way football is nowadays.

Looks at league one last season. Sunderland, Luton, Portsmouth and Barnsley. Clubs with more financial clout than most in league one and it was no surprise they futured at the top of league one promotions race.

Salford are just one of many clubs we will have to encounter and overcome if we are to be successful. Thats why they dont irriate me, I just look forward to the challenge ahead and if we get stay above them in league two it will be even sweeter.

Remember, despite all their money Leyton Orient pipped them for the league title. So this proves it isnt impossible to be higher than them over the course of a season. However, it will be a hell of a challenge for Lowe to do this.

Oct 31, 2015
up_the_line":8y33wx7g said:
Will Salford be the first league club with more squad members than supporters?
Surely Salford have to abide by the percentage rule on wages the same as the rest of us in the 4th division?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Gaffney was alleged to be on £5k a week in the National League. :shock:

May 16, 2016
The irony of the Salford situation is of course, that despite the widespread condemnation and debate over the rights or wrongs of their progress, they're going to be one of the biggest draws for Home supporters on their travels next Season.

We'll all turn up to see what the fuss is about and to express our outrage, thereby making their investors feel justified in throwing the money about. If only for the one Season.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
As I keep saying last time in League 2 our budget was very small compared to pompey but we finished above them in dereks first year, level with them in his second year and above them in his 3rd. Dont be scared of teams of big budgets. I watched Salford last season and their front 2 were on 8K combined per week but they looked poor!!!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
rsp4":lb0zm37d said:
up_the_line":lb0zm37d said:
Will Salford be the first league club with more squad members than supporters?
Surely Salford have to abide by the percentage rule on wages the same as the rest of us in the 4th division?

The turnover/wages ratio (55% in L2) doesn't matter when rich owners can 'loan' their club sheds loads of money.

Turnover definition

Under the SCMP rules, the definition of 'Turnover' is particularly important as Turnover is used to determine the maximum wage-spend. Within a traditional accounting perspective, there are usually only three elements of turnover:

Match-day Income
Commercial Income (such as sponsorship)
TV revenue (and any 'merit payments' based on league position)

However the Football League use a is broader definition of Turnover. Crucially, the FL Turnover figure includes donations from the owners to the club and injections of equity. Loans from club owners are understandably not included in the Turnover figure as these would result in growing club debts. In League 1 and League 2, a wealthy owner can therefore fund the club spending in a way that is not permitted in other divisions.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Looks like we’re in for this guy, looks like an above average L2 player..

Saw him play in the past for Grimsby as my wife's a fan and he looked useful.

Gaffney was not the only one on crazy Conference wages. My boss is an Aberdeen fan and told me that when Adam Rooney moved to Salford, it's because they were offering him more money (rumoured £4k per week).

M

C

CiderAndPasties

This morning, Ryan Lowe started following Devitt on twitter and he is following Lowe. Could very well be nothing but a possible #incoming?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Martin_Brock":1hp1dd10 said:
when Adam Rooney moved to Salford, it's because they were offering him more money (rumoured £4k per week).
Rumour I heard was that they quadrupled his wages.

Jan 2, 2010
CiderAndPasties":143qn83d said:
This morning, Ryan Lowe started following Devitt on twitter and he is following Lowe. Could very well be nothing but a possible #incoming?
I think we have a manager that actually embraces social media rather than hates to mix with the smelly unwashed hordes. In this day and age it's part of the job.