Jamie Devitt (signs for Blackpool) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jamie Devitt (signs for Blackpool)

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Wonder the likelihood of him and Jay O’Shea lining up in midfield? O’Shea is out of contract at Bury I think and scored and assisted a few last season. Could do worse

May 22, 2006
Hearts & Hibs also supposed to be interested. Both closer to Carlisle than Plymouth, so we will be doing very well if he does come to us.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Metal_Green_Mickey":2thwnc6d said:
I got to be honest here.

If It was us spending this money, we wouldn't care what other teams thought about us. In fact we would just say other clubs are jealous of us.

They have more money than most lower league teams. Yet they are trying to be successful. Most clubs who are successful are nowadays buying their way out of leagues. Its just the way football is nowadays.

Looks at league one last season. Sunderland, Luton, Portsmouth and Barnsley. Clubs with more financial clout than most in league one and it was no surprise they futured at the top of league one promotions race.

Salford are just one of many clubs we will have to encounter and overcome if we are to be successful. Thats why they dont irriate me, I just look forward to the challenge ahead and if we get stay above them in league two it will be even sweeter.

Remember, despite all their money Leyton Orient pipped them for the league title. So this proves it isnt impossible to be higher than them over the course of a season. However, it will be a hell of a challenge for Lowe to do this.

Salford actually finished below Solihull as well.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Little chance.

In terms of how little id say less than 15% chance of him signing for us.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Signed for Blackpool on a 2 year deal.

GreenDave1981

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 5, 2017
I am reminded of the time we were in for Charlie Adams and he went to Blackpool and we got Alan Gow instead.

Oh what could have been. I’ve never seen a player so dominant at Argyle as Charlie Adam was when we played them that season

Jul 12, 2016
The reality will soon sink in for Lowe. It is easier to sign players for Bury than Argyle.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
oldage":206cnghs said:
The reality will soon sink in for Lowe. It is easier to sign players for Bury than Argyle.

Even harder to sign players for Argyle since Derek got them relegated

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
GreenDave1981":25gphbw2 said:
I am reminded of the time we were in for Charlie Adams and he went to Blackpool and we got Alan Gow instead.

Oh what could have been. I’ve never seen a player so dominant at Argyle as Charlie Adam was when we played them that season

He went to Blackpool on £12k a week as I remember.

But yeah that performance was one of the best, if not the best, I have ever seen from an opposition player.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
up_the_line":2cvsjsnm said:
oldage":2cvsjsnm said:

Didn't Derek sign Carey, Jervis, Sonny, Fox, Boateng, Taylor, Tanner plus tens of others when we were in League 2?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
edmonds200":3grqg873 said:
up_the_line":3grqg873 said:
oldage":3grqg873 said:

Didn't Derek sign Carey, Jervis, Sonny, Fox, Boateng, Taylor, Tanner plus tens of others when we were in League 2?

And yet despite being soooo amazing at signing players (you obviously think) still got us relegated. Doesnt say much for his managerial qualities if he can sign good players but still churn out such utter sewage on the pitch. :funny:

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
up_the_line":3gbay5qj said:
edmonds200":3gbay5qj said:
up_the_line":3gbay5qj said:
oldage":3gbay5qj said:

And yet despite being soooo amazing at signing players (you obviously think) still got us relegated. Doesnt say much for his managerial qualities if he can sign good players but still churn out such utter sewage on the pitch. :funny:

The manager still has 4 promotions to his name - Dont forget Bury were relegated under Mr Lowe the season before last- lets see if Mr Lowe can attract the same level of player Derek did especially as RL will have a far larger budget