Jamie Mackie | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jamie Mackie

Apr 30, 2006
Alan Fortune":15h4qyei said:
I accept totally that Colin's Queens have players like Taraabt who create things for him in a manner that they never were at Argyle, but nonetheless I would have expected him to waste most of these chances.

So what is the secret? Is it a lucky streak? Something in the water in London W12? Or does Colin possess striker-coaching skills which Mariner does not and perhaps should have?

personally I think a big part of it is confidence and not having such a burden on him. We were struggling the whole time Mackie was here and he knew that every chance he got was vital, putting enormous pressure on. At QPR he knows the team are doing well, he will get a few chances every game and also knows that other people can score too, taking the pressure off.

Dec 19, 2008
On Talksport on Sunday, Neil Warnock dismissed the news and stated that he'd rather Mackie rested during those international breaks. I doubt we'll see Mackie playing for the Tartan Army any time soon.

Jamie is letting everyone in football know he's got Scottish (Grand) Parentage. Warnock is doing everything he can to try and keep his feet on the ground. Neil's laughing and making a joke of it in public but you can bet yer arse he's had a word with young Jamie and told him to concentrate on doing the business in the league and forget about international football until he's achieved a little more.

IF he carries on scoring though he could get 30+ this season, Scotland would have to look at him then.

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
Scotland cannot score and he is banging them in it wouldn't surprise me to see him getting a chance in Scotland's next friendly. Good luck to him as he has had a storming start to his career at QPR.

Feb 29, 2008
Scotland wouldn't give a toss if colin wasn't happy for Jamie to play internationals, nor should they, if Jamie gets the chance of internationals he should take it, he may bust his leg and end his career at any time.

Nov 2, 2004
As I said at the time Mackie was our only really good Championship player,the idea that he is or ever was a headless chicken is Pasoti tripe.Argyle were rubvbish and clueless not him.He would make a difference to any good Champ side.The only up side is I win £2,800 if he continues,had to ask Betfair to list him he was not on the original list,this meant I could take all sorts of fancy odds."Come on Jamie".

C

Confucius

QPR have just announced a draw will be made for an "incredible piece of
memorabilia." Yes, you've guessed it : the boots of "scoring sensation"
Jamie Mackie.

D

diClarkio

SMIAL":3isqwgl6 said:
He must have had these attributes else I would have people calling in the white coats for me.

Why would I have a pre season bet on a poor touch and cant finish striker to finish above top strikers that are in that league??

The lad has got it, just at Argyle the tactics were all very very wrong and we paid the price.

Perhaps now is the time to bet against him - you'd could be a winner either way.

R

Rupert

His Soccerbase/Wikipedia entries have always described him as "Scottish". When he was playing for Exeter in the Conference, I think there was some suggestion that he might play for the Scotland 'semi-professional' team. A couple of years ago, I asked him if he was eligible for Scotland. He said he didn't know. He does now...

:roll:

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
Mackie cost QPR £150,000 during the summer, a fee that will rise to £500,000 if the club is promoted

If this is true then its mind-boggling to me.

We paid £145k for a Conference player over two years ago and agree to sell him as a Championship player for £5k more? :?

I also see that he has been officially called-up for Scotland so congratulations to him, well deserved.