January League 2 transfers | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January League 2 transfers

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
flowchart":2ly8r2ks said:
Balham_Green":2ly8r2ks said:
JannerinCardiff":2ly8r2ks said:
Even with Yates and Doyle I’m confident we’ll finish above Swindon this season.. #believeinLowe

Really? :crazy: And the evidence for that is.....

The form table?

Being an Argyle supporter rather than a Swindon supporter? :think:
Based on emotion rather than 'evidence'. It's a sport not a spreadsheet!

Nov 18, 2011
Ex promising striker James Wilson has gone to Salford. If he is half as good as people thought he'd be 5 years ago he'll score plenty in League 2.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Many deals coming in now Former Exeter player Tom Nichols to Cheltenham, see the all the deals at the start of this thread.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Joe Totale":2xbiku46 said:
Ex promising striker James Wilson has gone to Salford. If he is half as good as people thought he'd be 5 years ago he'll score plenty in League 2.
I had to look twice when I saw this but it seems he has only scored 5 goals in his last 47 appearances for Derby, Sheff United and Aberdeen including blanks in all 16 appearances this season so he hasn't really lived up to his early promise.

Dec 22, 2009
West London
SatisfiedinSouthway":nvsam2hh said:
flowchart":nvsam2hh said:
Balham_Green":nvsam2hh said:
JannerinCardiff":nvsam2hh said:
Even with Yates and Doyle I’m confident we’ll finish above Swindon this season.. #believeinLowe

Really? :crazy: And the evidence for that is.....

The form table?

The form table for the season up to now would show Swindon are better than us.
Yes we’ve got games in hand but the points aren’t in the bag yet.

In the last 10 games we've averaged 2.2 points per game - Swindon have only averaged 1.7. We should add 39.6 points to our tally on the basis of this form. Swindon only 27.2 points. ...... We're currently 5 points behind.

Whilst form changes - this is a reasonable reason to believe we'll finish above Swindon?

Feb 8, 2005
Making assumptions?????

The last ten games has NO bearing on the next ten games.

You ought to realise that by now, supporting Argyle would bring that home to you.

There is still everything to play for but Swindon have the advantage at the moment as they are top of the league, currently, and it is up to the rest of the division to catch them.

Dec 22, 2009
West London
jimsing":19bh6yv6 said:
Making assumptions?????

The last ten games has NO bearing on the next ten games.

You ought to realise that by now, supporting Argyle would bring that home to you.

There is still everything to play for but Swindon have the advantage at the moment as they are top of the league, currently, and it is up to the rest of the division to catch them.

No, not at all making assumptions - I'm a pessimist like all long-suffering Argyle fans.

Someone asked someone else on this thread what made them confident that we'd finish above Swindon. I merely suggested that recent form suggests that we will finish above them - there is a logical and rational explanation for this.

Do I personally think we'll finish above Swindon? No idea!

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
So at the end of the deadline here is a list of the teams who made deals and the # of transactions they made

Teams
Stevenage - 9
Morecambe - 7
Swindon - 7
Carlisle - 7
Salford - 6
Forest Green - 6
Oldham - 5
Scunthorpe - 4
Northampton - 4
Leyton Orient - 4
Grimsby - 5
Macclesfield - 4
Cheltenham - 3
Cambridge - 3
Fleetwood - 3
Bradford - 3
Mansfield - 3
Plymouth Argyle - 2
Walsall - 2
Crawley - 2
Newport County - 2
Exeter - 1
Colchester - 1
Port Vale - 1
Crewe - 1

Oct 14, 2015
Interesting to see that two managers, Darrell Clarke and Paul Hurst, both heavily linked to the Argyle job before RL took over, were both sacked this week ...

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Two bright young things who have fallen by the wayside for the time being. Hurst in particular must be wondering where it all went wrong since he left Shrewsbury. Similar with Nathan Jones who could do no wrong at Luton. Both over promoted to early in their career perhaps. I’m sure Ryan Lowe is an ambitious man, but he will be hoping he can achieve big things with Argyle.

Jul 12, 2016
Welwyn Pilgrim":1qo4yzl9 said:
Lloyd Jones, Plymouth lad we had on loan couple seasons back joins Northampton Town for rest of the season
Was not impressed so don't care.