January League 2 transfers | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January League 2 transfers

Cdp

Oct 18, 2014
Wrexham
oldage":2f10561l said:
Daddy Kool":2f10561l said:
At least Adams is prepared for the transfer window ,
Statements in the herald from Lowe last night seem to state we are not prepared ,
When you here the like of ,,, we have been given a list of names and we will see whats out there !
Makes me wonder,I would have thought all our targets would have been scouted and we would be ready to pounce , may be we have to wait to sell players first !
But surely we would know who we wanted by now.
This is also a concern to me. The need for a proven goalscorer has been obvious since last summer and surely we should have had something in place as soon as the transfer window opened.
Enquiring about Hylton when he is unfit also seems strange .Doesn't anybody at Argyle check these facts beforehand?

Absolutely agree. :sigh:

Feb 23, 2008
oldage":36rcxoci said:
Daddy Kool":36rcxoci said:
Statements in the herald from Lowe last night seem to state we are not prepared ,
When you here the like of ,,, we have been given a list of names and we will see whats out there !
Makes me wonder,I would have thought all our targets would have been scouted and we would be ready to pounce , may be we have to wait to sell players first !
This is also a concern to me. The need for a proven goalscorer has been obvious since last summer and surely we should have had something in place as soon as the transfer window opened.
Enquiring about Hylton when he is unfit also seems strange .Doesn't anybody at Argyle check these facts beforehand?

Who from the club has said they've enquired about Hylton?

Jul 12, 2016
To be fair nobody.Posted by pafc_casual who is normally spot on with his information.

Aug 5, 2016
Joe Totale":1d2cvoaz said:
Balham_Green":1d2cvoaz said:
edengreen":1d2cvoaz said:
Think Slew is a great signing for this level ! Him and Alexandra will cause teams issues at the bottom and to be fair toums will massively strengthen them

Really? Thats why he was playing for Ashton was it? The right level for him

Agreed. At most Slew was an honest player who could do a shift like against Liverpool but he's not going to single handedly rescue Morecambe, let alone propel a promotion charge, his career post Argyle proves this.

He won't have been on a full time contract so it's far quicker and easier to bring him in.

A career elsewhere doesn't really prove anything. Jason Banton was electric for Argyle on loan from Palace, his career after Argyle certainly doesn't prove that. He is now playing for Romford, via St Albans, Dulwich Hamlet and Truro. None of them want him. Hard to believe that is the same matchwinner who kept us in the Football League with some incredible goals and performances.

Slew played for Argyle when we won promotion. He did alright for us. He isn't out of place in League Two and has the pace to give any defender something to think about.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
oldage":1b7mf7hz said:
Daddy Kool":1b7mf7hz said:

Come on Oldage. Things hardly ever happen right at the beginning of the window, although we obviously got Bakinson in. Ryan Lowe is keeping his cards close to his chest and he is hardly going to alert other clubs to players he’s interested in by blurting it out in the Evening Harold. Ryan Lowe knows that automatic promotion rests on him getting in a striker who will start scoring straight away and I am confident he will bring someone in who will do that, with the support of Mr Hallett. Obviously, it would be great if Jephcott starts scoring every week, but even if he does I still feel that Lowe knows he needs an experienced goal scorer too.

Aug 5, 2015
Added to that we’ve probably been in negotiations re Cooper and Grant as well. Take out time for a public holiday and games to it shouldn’t be too much of a surprise there have been no signings apart from the one we knew about. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Jul 12, 2016
Lowe has been aware of our desperate need for a proven goalscorer since he took over.He allegedly had players ringing him asking to join the club and one can only speculate that there was a striker amongst them. Although he was unable to sign anybody until January he must have done homework on suitable targets and should therefore be in a position to act.The vibes coming out from HP are the same as pre season i.e.we are looking for strikers yet nothing of note happened then so what is likely to change now? Don't hold your breath!

May 16, 2016
oldage":r5beaadu said:
Lowe has been aware of our desperate need for a proven goalscorer since he took over.He allegedly had players ringing him asking to join the club and one can only speculate that there was a striker amongst them. Although he was unable to sign anybody until January he must have done homework on suitable targets and should therefore be in a position to act.The vibes coming out from HP are the same as pre season i.e.we are looking for strikers yet nyothing of note happened then so what is likely to change now? Don't hold your breath!

He got slated for being too optimistic in pre season and talking things up too much not long after the season started. Now things are a little more downbeat, he's in the wrong and we should be concerned ?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
oldage":251443da said:
Lowe has been aware of our desperate need for a proven goalscorer since he took over.He allegedly had players ringing him asking to join the club and one can only speculate that there was a striker amongst them. Although he was unable to sign anybody until January he must have done homework on suitable targets and should therefore be in a position to act.The vibes coming out from HP are the same as pre season i.e.we are looking for strikers yet nothing of note happened then so what is likely to change now? Don't hold your breath!

Yep. You must be right Oldage. I mean, ALL the transfer activity occurs at the beginning of the window doesn’t it. Nothing ever happens in the last couple of days. :sigh:

Jul 12, 2016
Devongreenowl":4qmj6wep said:
oldage":4qmj6wep said:

Yep. You must be right Oldage. I mean, ALL the transfer activity occurs at the beginning of the window doesn’t it. Nothing ever happens in the last couple of days. :sigh:
Not at Home Park.

Aug 5, 2015
You obviously weren’t around for the 2008/9 season when our first game , home to Wolves, featured two new players that no one was aware of when they went to bed on Friday night.

Jul 12, 2016
Kentishgreen":nbfau4eq said:
You obviously weren’t around for the 2008/9 season when our first game , home to Wolves, featured two new players that no one was aware of when they went to bed on Friday night.
Hell I can hardly remember what happened last year let alone 2008/9!