January League 2 transfers | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January League 2 transfers

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Daddy Kool":1fi0dp7p said:
Somebody Help!
Where am I!! :funny:

"You’re in a room, there's a table with a dice on it"
"Yes I can see the table"
whispers- "do you think that we should roll it "
Treguard:
"Team, this is a game of chance, and there is no way to learn your chances unless you take one."
"roll the dice"
Quickly as the skeleton is nigh!!

(Young 'uns: google Knightmare! ;) )

Jul 3, 2013
oldage":x2xnu40n said:
Kentishgreen":x2xnu40n said:
You obviously weren’t around for the 2008/9 season when our first game , home to Wolves, featured two new players that no one was aware of when they went to bed on Friday night.
Hell I can hardly remember what happened last year let alone 2008/9!

I certainly remwmber the Wolves keeper pulling off the beat goalkeeping display I've seen at home parl from a visiting team, that includes better than the Foster performance for Watford.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That poor bugger went on to do both his cruciates from memory and never reached where he should have.

A wonderful performance that has us in awe.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Two of the best goalkeeping performances I've seen from opposition goalkeepers would be Ben Foster and Steve Cherry (when at both Derby and Walsall).

Marek Rodak put in an excellent performance for Stanley a couple of seasons back too.

Aug 5, 2015
One of the best performances I’ve seen by a keeper was Andy Lonergan of Rochdale last season. Although we won 5-1 he stopped it from being a total massacre

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Stiffler":35erf11z said:
oldage":35erf11z said:
Kentishgreen":35erf11z said:
You obviously weren’t around for the 2008/9 season when our first game , home to Wolves, featured two new players that no one was aware of when they went to bed on Friday night.
Hell I can hardly remember what happened last year let alone 2008/9!

I certainly remwmber the Wolves keeper pulling off the beat goalkeeping display I've seen at home parl from a visiting team, that includes better than the Foster performance for Watford.
That Wolves keeper was Wayne Hennessy, currently number two at Palace.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Matt Murray played a blinder in goal for Wolves against us on 2006 in the Championship. We drew 1-1 (courtesy GoS).

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
oldage":3gwcyo4j said:
Daddy Kool":3gwcyo4j said:
At least Adams is prepared for the transfer window ,
Statements in the herald from Lowe last night seem to state we are not prepared ,
When you here the like of ,,, we have been given a list of names and we will see whats out there !
Makes me wonder,I would have thought all our targets would have been scouted and we would be ready to pounce , may be we have to wait to sell players first !
But surely we would know who we wanted by now.
This is also a concern to me. The need for a proven goalscorer has been obvious since last summer and surely we should have had something in place as soon as the transfer window opened.
Enquiring about Hylton when he is unfit also seems strange .Doesn't anybody at Argyle check these facts beforehand?

Oldage - not much of an excuse for this post when Lowe said this morning that he was hoping to sign a striker today. That sort of illustrates what the more realistic of us already knew. Lowe is keeping his cards close to his chest and will announce something when someone has actually signed.

Jul 12, 2016
Devongreenowl":2g7psis0 said:
oldage":2g7psis0 said:
Daddy Kool":2g7psis0 said:
Statements in the herald from Lowe last night seem to state we are not prepared ,
When you here the like of ,,, we have been given a list of names and we will see whats out there !
Makes me wonder,I would have thought all our targets would have been scouted and we would be ready to pounce , may be we have to wait to sell players first !
This is also a concern to me. The need for a proven goalscorer has been obvious since last summer and surely we should have had something in place as soon as the transfer window opened.
Enquiring about Hylton when he is unfit also seems strange .Doesn't anybody at Argyle check these facts beforehand?

Oldage - not much of an excuse for this post when Lowe said this morning that he was hoping to sign a striker today. That sort of illustrates what the more realistic of us already knew. Lowe is keeping his cards close to his chest and will announce something when someone has actually signed.
And this is the EXPERIENCED striker who's going to get us out of the awful division???

Aug 5, 2015
Unfortunately due to injury Harry Kane was unavailable. Meanwhile the Pasoti experts have written off the highly experienced Brett Pitman. So what do you do? Bring back Freddie?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
oldage":4mu4nuip said:
Devongreenowl":4mu4nuip said:
oldage":4mu4nuip said:
Daddy Kool":4mu4nuip said:

And this is the EXPERIENCED striker who's going to get us out of the awful division???

You never fail to live down to expectations Oldage. Glass always half empty. Earlier today you were slating Lowe for not knowing who he wants. Within hours we announce a signing and you’re moaning before you know anything about him. So he hasn’t performed in L1, well neither did Doyle last season. The fact is, a L1 side obviously felt he had potential and probably still do. They no doubt hope it will start to be realised in L2.

Ryan Lowe has not said this is the experienced striker he wants. Only two days ago he said he wanted to bring two in. The window closes in 22 days time, not tomorrow for gods sake. Lowe has a lot of plates to juggle at the moment. He’s managed to get Clarke off the payroll and will hopefully get Rudden off in the next couple of days, plus Taylor with a bit of luck. He’s also waiting for a reply from Josh Grant. Try to show a bit of patience mate, even if you have no appreciation whatsoever of the complex issues involved in recruitment even at this level. :sigh:

Jul 12, 2016
Devongreenowl":3i2vycoi said:
oldage":3i2vycoi said:
Devongreenowl":3i2vycoi said:
oldage":3i2vycoi said:
Daddy Kool":3i2vycoi said:

You never fail to live down to expectations Oldage. Glass always half empty. Earlier today you were slating Lowe for not knowing who he wants. Within hours we announce a signing and you’re moaning before you know anything about him. So he hasn’t performed in L1, well neither did Doyle last season. The fact is, a L1 side obviously felt he had potential and probably still do. They no doubt hope it will start to be realised in L2.

Ryan Lowe has not said this is the experienced striker he wants. Only two days ago he said he wanted to bring two in. The window closes in 22 days time, not tomorrow for gods sake. Lowe has a lot of plates to juggle at the moment. He’s managed to get Clarke off the payroll and will hopefully get Rudden off in the next couple of days, plus Taylor with a bit of luck. He’s also waiting for a reply from Josh Grant. Try to show a bit of patience mate, even if you have no appreciation whatsoever of the complex issues involved in recruitment even at this level. :sigh:
Are you Balham Green in disguise?