Jason Holt - Rangers (Signed for Fleetwood) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jason Holt - Rangers (Signed for Fleetwood)

Nov 25, 2015
I donā€™t think heā€™s been released, both him and Andy Halliday have been told that there are clubs interested in signing them and they are free to leave.
I think Rangers will look for a small fee for them which unfortunately will probably rule Argyle out.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
ealinggreen":1fadaq1g said:
If he has been released from a lucrative contract he must be anticipating a decent signing on fee.

Or pasties for life even! Seriously though, the cancellation of a contract by Rangers does open up possibilities. We can only cling on to that hope.

Aug 5, 2016
the_corkscrew":2z4o0xr8 said:
PL2 3DQ":2z4o0xr8 said:
Rangers have just allowed striker Joe Dodoo to join Blackpool on a season long loan so if Holt is still under contract and does not figure in the first plans at Rangers then a loan deal might suit everyone.
Reports tonight that Rangers have terminated Holt's contract

Seems like this one has momentum, but I've never seen him play. Is he the Scottish Oztumer? (Who is in turn the Turkish Messi?)

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
I can't see us getting him. Without being negative, there are clubs above us in the pecking order. Massive coup if we do tho. My 'mate' says we are getting him for 300k, and he knows stuff. But I can't see it happening myself

Nov 25, 2015
Good speed, no end product?

That doesnā€™t sound like Holt at all! Iā€™ve watched him many many times. His game is covering every blade of grasss and giving everything for the team. Heā€™s a proper old fashioned central midfielder. Heā€™s a popular player at Ibrox, but itā€™s widely acknowledged that heā€™s not quite good enough for a team that will be competing with Celtic next season.

I just donā€™t believe Argyle will get him. But if we do heā€™d be a fantastic signing - Iā€™d be absolutely over the moon.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Richard Allan":u8cvclpj said:
A rangers supporting, and regular messaged earlier pleading we take him. Good speed, no end product. Reminds me of someone ?

Hopefully a ā€˜wee nuggetā€™ from DA

The impression I get from all the Rangers forums is fairly consistent... that they really like him, he gives 100%, but that he isnā€™t up to the standard required to topple Celtic.

Edit... snap with Jannerbear :lol:

Feb 17, 2017
ā€œThe Home Park team would not have to shell too much out to secure Holt, with a modest six-figure sum likely to be enough to release him to Englandā€

I love this bit of reporting.
A modest six-figure sum! Thatā€™s life changing for some, people could even have sleepless nights at the thought. Money doesnā€™t guarantee success though and it would be strange to be paying fees when weā€™ve been relying on released/out of contract players, if he does sign Iā€™m sure DA feels he will improve the starting 11 and not just the squad.

Dec 3, 2005
Yes a 6 figure sum isnt alot in the football world, but to Argyle it is.

If Argyle go for him and pay a 6 figure sum, I would be worried it might be a sore point for some of the present squad, especially IF he was given a very good wage as well.

Aug 5, 2016
Neilz5419":4urc0f77 said:
ā€œThe Home Park team would not have to shell too much out to secure Holt, with a modest six-figure sum likely to be enough to release him to Englandā€

I love this bit of reporting.
A modest six-figure sum! Thatā€™s life changing for some, people could even have sleepless nights at the thought. Money doesnā€™t guarantee success though and it would be strange to be paying fees when weā€™ve been relying on released/out of contract players, if he does sign Iā€™m sure DA feels he will improve the starting 11 and not just the squad.

Considering both the money that flows in football even in League One/Two, and also the money Adams has earned PAFC, a transfer fee of Ā£100,000 is fairly modest.

Luton paid that for half a season of Jake Jervis, a bench warmer for us and subsequently them.