JB/PCC | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

JB/PCC

Aug 17, 2005
The way things look nobody can do anything but sit back and wait. James Brent will obviously do everything he can to get the grandstand built in whatever capacity he is able. By not doing so losing the HHP ground will come into context as that is the end payment for it. Without HHP he will not be able to undertake the pavillions/Millbay contract. Would he sell the club as suggested. Yes he would if it generated enough money to get the grandstand completed so he could move on.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
At the time that the council stipulated the 3,800 minimum capacity was there ever the possibility that the corners of the ground would either be sold off or no longer remain part of any future spectating area therefore consigning us for ever to a stadium that would be virtually impossible to sustain championship football on. Also at that point weren't we also led to believe that all income and rents from the fantastic new cash cow stand would go to the football club? Things just aren't what was originally on the packet. Mr Brent has played very hard ball with everyone since coming onto the scene. I think it's time for the council to stand their ground and play equally as hard.

Jun 16, 2006
signalspast":fdwbi0vm said:
The way things look nobody can do anything but sit back and wait. James Brent will obviously do everything he can to get the grandstand built in whatever capacity he is able. By not doing so losing the HHP ground will come into context as that is the end payment for it. Without HHP he will not be able to undertake the pavillions/Millbay contract. Would he sell the club as suggested. Yes he would if it generated enough money to get the grandstand completed so he could move on.

Grandstand isn't an obligation towards Pavillions / Millbay.

It was also re-iterated that the only obligation in terms of an ice rink was for James Brent to provide ‘continuous ice’. It does not need to be on Higher Home Park and could theoretically be located anywhere.

http://www.argylefanstrust.com/2014/08/28/aft-meets-with-tudor-evans-about-hhp/

Unless of course this part of the inaccuracies PAFC believe to be in the meeting notes, which hasn't been clarified.

Apr 1, 2009
IJN":2bvgcnds said:
RWW":2bvgcnds said:
Just think about that for a while....

Who is taking advantage of who here?

It's very sad when you have to look at things in such a way.

It really is.

I haven't one moments regret about the hours I have put in, not one.

I also haven't a moments regret at knowing JB, he's a decent man and anyone who has done 84 games out of 88 in two seasons is ok in my book.

I'm as pi$$ed as everyone else about the GS not happening, and I only hope that PAFC and PCC can come to the table and we get the ground PAFC deserve.

Is anyone else bored to tears with the spurious argument that JB is a terrific fan because he attends almost all our games. It's his work FFS! Most of us attend work on 90%+ of working days - that's the way it is. It is very different from your average Argyle fan doing the same thing.

I have no idea at all whether JB is a genuine hardened Argyle fan. The proof will only be apparent once he has no links to the club, and I'll make an offer concerning this.

I will pay £10 to Argyle Youth for each Argyle league game JB attends home or away, paying for himself and sitting/standing in the public areas of grounds, in the first full season after he severs links with the club. I will be genuinely happy to pay £460 to a good cause if that is what transpires. I am sure Mr Newell will be happy to oversee this and inform me how much I owe.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
xmastree":27uoyxru said:
IJN":27uoyxru said:
RWW":27uoyxru said:

It really is.

I also haven't a moments regret at knowing JB, he's a decent man and anyone who has done 84 games out of 88 in two seasons is ok in my book.

I'm as pi$$ed as everyone else about the GS not happening, and I only hope that PAFC and PCC can come to the table and we get the ground PAFC deserve.

Is anyone else bored to tears with the spurious argument that JB is a terrific fan because he attends almost all our games. It's his work FFS! Most of us attend work on 90%+ of working days - that's the way it is. It is very different from your average Argyle fan doing the same thing.

I have no idea at all whether JB is a genuine hardened Argyle fan. The proof will only be apparent once he has no links to the club, and I'll make an offer concerning this.

I will pay £10 to Argyle Youth for each Argyle league game JB attends home or away, paying for himself and sitting/standing in the public areas of grounds, in the first full season after he severs links with the club. I will be genuinely happy to pay £460 to a good cause if that is what transpires. I am sure Mr Newell will be happy to oversee this and inform me how much I owe.

On the flip side there may also be fans "bored to tears" with the regular JB bashing and criticism.

Apr 1, 2009
PL2 3DQ":1fzlq5p9 said:
xmastree":1fzlq5p9 said:
IJN":1fzlq5p9 said:
RWW":1fzlq5p9 said:

It really is.

On the flip side there may also be fans "bored to tears" with the regular JB bashing and criticism.

Agree absolutely.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
He`ll huff and puff. Apologies for seemingly out of sequence post - in reply to Postie on previous page.

Aug 17, 2005
Agree it is not essential for him to build the ice rink on HHP. To not build it there would cause him considerable problems starting with finding a piece of land big enough, purchase of it and going through the loops of planning permission etc. This might work out a cheaper option for him but he would then be left with the problem of providing some sort of leisure facility on HHP that falls within the central park development plan. His new proposals for HHP would still need to generate enough funds to build the grandstand. In the meantime whilst looking and purchasing the new site for the ice rink he is having to subsidise the loss making pavillions as surely the subsidy that was provided by the city council to take it over I would think has been used up by now.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
signalspast: With reference to your previous post jerryatricjanner did not write what you have quoted

Aug 17, 2005
Thanks for pointing it out, not sure how it happened but deleted the quote as it was the easiest way to sort it.

Jun 16, 2006
signalspast":mffp6b5j said:
Agree it is not essential for him to build the ice rink on HHP. To not build it there would cause him considerable problems starting with finding a piece of land big enough, purchase of it and going through the loops of planning permission etc. This might work out a cheaper option for him but he would then be left with the problem of providing some sort of leisure facility on HHP that falls within the central park development plan. His new proposals for HHP would still need to generate enough funds to build the grandstand. In the meantime whilst looking and purchasing the new site for the ice rink he is having to subsidise the loss making pavillions as surely the subsidy that was provided by the city council to take it over I would think has been used up by now.

Hi signalspast,
As far as I am aware there is no obligation for JB to build a new grandstand in conjunction with HHP scheme. He could submit plans for an Ice rink, which would fit in the HHP plot he owns as a loss leader to release the £80M Pavillions scheme.

Haven't seen any accounts from Five Directions Ltd to see how much of the £2M subsidy from PCC has been used, but being allowed to close the swimming pool would have reduced losses considerably. He does have to keep fingers crossed that there aren't any issues with the refrigerant system in the Ice Rink, which would need modification from the R22 coolant system, which became prohibited at turn of the year.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Unless of course, they've already changed the gas.

Also R22 did not become prohibited at the turn of the year.