Jephcott or Ennis (merged thread x 3) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jephcott or Ennis (merged thread x 3)

Aug 24, 2009
I am not doubting Jephcotts ability but with the limited games I have seen Ennis he is by far a better striker, Jephcott as the ability to become a natural poacher and he comes alive in the 6 yard box although he had a couple of shots from outside the penalty area at the weekend, the reassuring aspect of this wasKeep he made the GK work. We are all aware what he brings and it is a long time since I have seen someone with his ability, Ennis gives us something extra, he is quicker and as already displayed the attributes which Jephcott brings. With all the rumours around regarding Jephcott being scouted and what he is worth, if I was scouting a young striker then Ennis would be my choice. We also have Hardie who is also a big asset to the team and without doubt they all have the ability to become Premiership strikers given the correct coaching. I do not get why Jephcott should be sold to a current championship side all of whom could be relegated whereas we might be promoted this or next year, it will do nothing to develop Jephcotts career to sell him at this time especially to a club whom we might be competing with, he will do himself more good if he helped fire us into the Championship where if he wanted a move his true worth would be realised, it is a win win situation.