Just Back | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Just Back

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
IJN":2bo7rao1 said:
Admit it, who though Foxy had equalised with his thunderbolt. I certainly did and was up!!

Agree though, sitting back can't work all of the time.

I was off celebrating before realising it had just gone wide.

Jan 6, 2004
Let's be honest, this was a decent performance, on a par with some of our better (if not our best) performances last season. I would not say we were unlucky but we were away against a very good team and gave a good account of ourselves. It could easily have been a draw or even an away win. If we play like that the rest of the season we will stay up. Despite no wins I feel better after Saturday.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Took this snap from twitter, sorry but it has nothing to do with injuries or bad luck, we still had two professional CB's on the pitch, it's just truly terrible defending...

DnxlzS0XcAA3KZi.jpg

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Cobi Budge":5mkbes9k said:
Took this snap from twitter, sorry but it has nothing to do with injuries or bad luck, we still had two professional CB's on the pitch, it's just truly terrible defending...

DnxlzS0XcAA3KZi.jpg
Sunday league positioning.

There’s no excuses for that, absolutely none.

Sep 6, 2006
themightykeithfear":2djyuebk said:
is that greq wylde ? marking who exactly ? not a defender for me

So left back is supposed to mark the centre forward. ....? Don't know what you are talking about.

Oct 14, 2015
Interesting snapshot, now I'm no expert on goalkeeping (as some on here think they are) but how can Macey be blamed for their second goal?? Clearly 100% bad defending surely??

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Cobi Budge":18x1n1hx said:

DnxlzS0XcAA3KZi.jpg

The video shows that Edwards was marking the goal scorer. He reacted quicker than Edwards to the ball when it was headed down.

Mar 16, 2009
London
PL2 3DQ":1rahzb23 said:
Cobi Budge":1rahzb23 said:

DnxlzS0XcAA3KZi.jpg

The video shows that Edwards was marking the goal scorer. He reacted quicker than Edwards to the ball when it was headed down.

Yes and also Edwards was too far away in the first place.
Do we zonal Mark or man mark?

Sep 18, 2004
West in East Anglia
We were under the cosh at that point of the game and anybody who was there knew it was coming. We were just letting them come onto us from the forward line backwards, every game it happens.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Fundamental point of order here but setting up so negatively to defend for 90 minutes when you can't defend for toffees seems a flawed tactic IMHO.

We are better as an offensive team more so this year than last because we are so bad at the back so it can't be long until DAs stubbornness is worn down by defeat after defeat just like Xmas last year when he changed tactics.

We went from the worse team in the league to the best once he gave in.

The difference this year is that we are so poor at the back we will still concede and lose games even in a purple patch

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Except we did not set up to defend for 90 minutes at Charlton. This was even acknowledged by Lee Bowyer in his media interview after the match.

Oct 5, 2013
samjones":2jfe2ym5 said:
Fundamental point of order here but setting up so negatively to defend for 90 minutes when you can't defend for toffees seems a flawed tactic IMHO.

We are better as an offensive team more so this year than last because we are so bad at the back so it can't be long until DAs stubbornness is worn down by defeat after defeat just like Xmas last year when he changed tactics.

We went from the worse team in the league to the best once he gave in.

The difference this year is that we are so poor at the back we will still concede and lose games even in a purple patch

Can you please tell me what the change of tactics was after Xmas last season, which led to the changearound?