just back | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

just back

May 21, 2018
German Shepherd":1zwi10wl said:
I thought the pitch was set up for playing Hardie from the start. Miss out the tipy tappy stuff & bypass the potato field by playing longer balls to the forwards. Unfortunately, this didn't occur to Lowe until half time.

Funny how viewpoints differ. I thought we played it long too much in first half (usually to the wings and often overhit for a goal kick). As Adams used to say League 2 games often have fine margins - even after the worldy I thought we could get back in the game in second half - but lost most of my hope when Wootton blazed over from fifteen yards early on. Still think we're good enough for an automatic place...

May 16, 2016
jerryatricjanner":g7wx1l5w said:
If Swindon, Crewe and Exeter are much more consistent in amassing points how come we have gained ground on them in recent months?

And despite only getting 2 of the last 9 points available, remain 2, 3 and 4 Points off 3rd, 2nd and 1st Place respectively.

Jun 27, 2019
Guiri Green":30dgmjxy said:
jerryatricjanner":30dgmjxy said:
If Swindon, Crewe and Exeter are much more consistent in amassing points how come we have gained ground on them in recent months?

And despite only getting 2 of the last 9 points available, remain 2, 3 and 4 Points off 3rd, 2nd and 1st Place respectively.

Don't talk such sense. We're already selling tickets for our playoff semi-final aren't we?

May 16, 2016
WoodsyGreen":108e5yy6 said:
Guiri Green":108e5yy6 said:
jerryatricjanner":108e5yy6 said:

Don't talk such sense. We're already selling tickets for our playoff semi-final aren't we?

Apparently, we wont even get that far.

May 7, 2019
davie nine":30dkpcrf said:
Cheer up!!!
We could be top of the league on Saturday night....or not?

That's what I am thinking! We are two points off an automatic promotion spot and four points off top spot with 11 games left to play. If you look back at many pre-season predictions then Bradford, Mansfield and Forest Green were all tipped to be in the promotion places. Would you rather be in their relative position(s) in the league? We have a great chance and a team that does its very best to play attractive football in a league with teams that employ non-league tactics and play on park pitches. I am very happy with the progress that has been made this year and look forward to every home game. Let's keep the positivity going - for those complaining about RL and the football... what is the alternative? We have a fantastic owner, progressive manager, some great players for L2, and a stadium that most other fans in Leagues One and Two would die for.

I'll be in the Demport End tonight. COYG :scarf: