Lateral thinking quiz. #3 | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lateral thinking quiz. #3

Returnofthepob

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 20, 2015
Pogleswoody":34dn37ai said:
IJN":34dn37ai said:
davie nine":34dn37ai said:
12. 60 ounces. You only mentioned the weight of the bottle, so, if it was 120 ounces the wine weighed 60 ounces.

Nope.

Bottle weighs 80
Wine weighs 40.
Bottle weighs twice as much as the wine.
:think:

I already suggested this on page 1.
Well I said just under 40 ounces as you have to account for the weight of the cork.

I’m claiming the goal ;-)

Sorry poggles I touched it just before it crossed the line.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Returnofthepob":12chgg77 said:
Pogleswoody":12chgg77 said:
IJN":12chgg77 said:
davie nine":12chgg77 said:
12. 60 ounces. You only mentioned the weight of the bottle, so, if it was 120 ounces the wine weighed 60 ounces.

Nope.

Bottle weighs 80
Wine weighs 40.
Bottle weighs twice as much as the wine.
:think:

I already suggested this on page 1.
Well I said just under 40 ounces as you have to account for the weight of the cork.

I’m claiming the goal ;-)

Sorry poggles I touched it just before it crossed the line.

Do I get a cyst?? :think:

C

Cheltgreen

IJN":1h6ennmq said:
Here we go again.

'Rules' are, only one until the quiz needs your expert help. :thumbup:

1. At 7 am a train moving at 90 kph leaves Birmingham heading for London. At 8 a.m. An identical train travelling at 110 kph leaves London heading for Birmingham. Which train will be closer to London when they meet?d
Micky D

However, if you consider that the point at which "they meet" is when the 'front' of each train meets (i.e. imagine they are kissing), then technically, the back of the train from London is still closer to London than the one from Birmingham. :coat:

pafcprogs

🌟 Pasoti Laureate 🌟
Apr 3, 2008
Westerham Kent
The only one left is number 8

I think the answer is never...if the boy is taking three paces to the mans two the man will always be leading off his right foot.

Aug 8, 2013
pafcprogs":3nfl28ms said:

I think the answer is never...if the boy is taking three paces to the mans two the man will always be leading off his right foot.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Unless the question is asking when their left feet will
be in motion at the same time, in which case it would be during their second steps.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Cheltgreen":2vedq2uh said:
IJN":2vedq2uh said:
Here we go again.

'Rules' are, only one until the quiz needs your expert help. :thumbup:

1. At 7 am a train moving at 90 kph leaves Birmingham heading for London. At 8 a.m. An identical train travelling at 110 kph leaves London heading for Birmingham. Which train will be closer to London when they meet?d
Micky D

However, if you consider that the point at which "they meet" is when the 'front' of each train meets (i.e. imagine they are kissing), then technically, the back of the train from London is still closer to London than the one from Birmingham. :coat:

This is true. However, it assumes the track is straight. What if the part of the track where they meet is horizontal (west/east)? Then the train further 'south' on the track, presumably the train FROM Birmingham could be closer to London at that point. :coat:

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Gary S":384zel07 said:
pafcprogs":384zel07 said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Unless the question is asking when their left feet will
be in motion at the same time, in which case it would be during their second steps.

I'm inclined to think 'never' as well. I understand Gary's second step theory, but the boy will already be halfway through his second step when the man starts his second step.
...or something :think: