Laurent Manuel | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Laurent Manuel

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
matteh.":1rvhniai said:
GreenSam":1rvhniai said:
The Doctor":1rvhniai said:
One of the good things about playing in a lower league is that it becomes much, much more likely that we will unearth a real quality player for next-to-nothing. Drew's example of David Friio is a good one - we'd never have plucked an unknown player from the ether and ended up with them being a club legend while we were in the Championship.
Tbh, Seip, Timar and Halmosi were all pretty much unheard of and were fanstastic for us in the CCC- cost an aggregate £500k which is nothing in that league.

So was George Donnelly.
I didn't say everyone unheard of would be great, just that it's not impossible :wink:

May 20, 2006
WHERE EVER I AM
Granted I only saw him for one game but it was a bit of a shocker to be honest, lets hope it was only nerves etc and I'm sure the Gaffer knows what he's doing.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
GreenSam":2hv4m6i7 said:
The Doctor":2hv4m6i7 said:
One of the good things about playing in a lower league is that it becomes much, much more likely that we will unearth a real quality player for next-to-nothing. Drew's example of David Friio is a good one - we'd never have plucked an unknown player from the ether and ended up with them being a club legend while we were in the Championship.
Tbh, Seip, Timar and Halmosi were all pretty much unheard of and were fanstastic for us in the CCC- cost an aggregate £500k which is nothing in that league.

True

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
Devonportender":1ttu3pwo said:
leep33":1ttu3pwo said:
I still haven't seen anything to say he has signed, anybody know if he has? It would be good to have an experienced RB in the squad.

????

He's a nomadic young man who seems to have spent the last few years trawling around the world looking for a club, hardly experienced.

If he's so good why didn't we sign him sooner?? Injuries / finances blah blah blah.
If he was a quality prospect we'd have snapped him up quicker, if he's here to make up the numbers we could get a loanee instead.

funny mood today,

I probably never put it right when i called him an experienced RB i meant that it would be good to have a proper RB in the squad.

leep33":2zmdr6ab said:
Devonportender":2zmdr6ab said:
leep33":2zmdr6ab said:
I still haven't seen anything to say he has signed, anybody know if he has? It would be good to have an experienced RB in the squad.

????

He's a nomadic young man who seems to have spent the last few years trawling around the world looking for a club, hardly experienced.

If he's so good why didn't we sign him sooner?? Injuries / finances blah blah blah.
If he was a quality prospect we'd have snapped him up quicker, if he's here to make up the numbers we could get a loanee instead.

funny mood today,

I probably never put it right when i called him an experienced RB i meant that it would be good to have a proper RB in the squad.
:)

C

Charlie Wood

I did some a chappie looking like him running round Millbay yesterday afternoon, he had 28 on his training top, I see that's not an allocated number yet. So would this be extra time he's putting in himself (3pm ish) or has he been left to his own devices.