Letheren says goodbye | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Letheren says goodbye

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
greybeard-kernow":3iudm16p said:
sounds like he was told he will not be playing much, or contract offer withdrawn ,we will never know, i feel we just need one more keeper to contest with cooper, do not see the need for 3 keepers,

Because of changes to the loan windows there is now a need for teams to have three goalkeepers. Need to have one on the bench for matches and can only get emergency loans if you have no professional keepers fit.

Jun 7, 2006
I was just saying yesterday that I doubted he would suit Lowe's style of play. Was the best keeper we had last season and gave his all whenever I saw him play.

Aug 10, 2006
did a good job when called upon a better no.1 than macey that's for sure, all the best where ever he ends up.

Sep 2, 2008
loyal1970":1vg1wpx3 said:
did a good job when called upon a better no.1 than macey that's for sure, all the best where ever he ends up.
Agreed on all points. Worryingly though, I've read that Arsenal have said that Macey is free to leave. With Letheren going we are really stretched when it comes to keepers.....I hope this isn't opening the door for Macey :cry:

Oct 31, 2015
Sad to see this.

Our best keeper last season and to be honest before his injury the season before he held his own.

Him and young Cooper would be fine as lg 2 keepers sounds like RL is cleaning out for new.

Thanks Kyle for everything and good luck. :scarf:

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Demportendermobile":ieedm9qp said:
Devizes Green":ieedm9qp said:
I guess that RL has maybe changed the terms of the contract offer or told him that he may only be 3rd choice after a new goalie and Mike Cooper...who knows....but sounds like he wanted to stay.Should be a lot of incomings next week then hopefully
If he did want to stay he could have signed the contract offered sooner before it sounds like it was withdrawn.
I liked him, would have been happy to see him as no1. Hope he finds a good club, Scots prem maybe?

But maybe he wanted to wait so he could speak to our new manager.

Jan 27, 2012
Letheren was better than Macey last year and deserved his place in the starting line up. But the likes of Remi Matthews or a younger McCormick are way better and that’s the sort of quality needed to escape the lower leagues and push for Championship football.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Good luck to him. Don’t recall a bad game from him and his experience at the end may well have proved crucial, had it not been for his untimely injury.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
A 'honest' player who didn't have a tantrum when he wasn't selected (not publicly anyway! ;) ) and who did his best, and quite well enough, when he was chosen.
I'd give him a good reference for a new club. Worth a go I reckon. Good Luck Kyle! :thumbs:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Lowe supposedly likes his team to play like Liverpool and Manchester City who have athletic keepers who are comfortable with the ball at their feet, can spot a long pass and play as a sweeper keeper, it seems Lowe has come to the conclusion that Letheren cannot play this way.