Liverpool | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Liverpool

bathpilgrim":7uacvgn3 said:
Yes, I am sure that Sir Alex Ferguson is sitting at home right now eaten up with jealousy over Liverpool :funny:

Of course he won't be! He'll be too busy planning how he is going to intimidate the manc's next referee into such a state of undermined confidence and anxiety, that he will give them the usual joke penalty or add on sufficent time at the end of the game to allow them an equaliser or a winner, as required.....

He'll be working out his next moves in the war of mind-games against his Permiership opponents, seeking to cause confusion, and do the maximum psychological damage.

He 'll be thinking up some good new excuses to keep his players out of international matches for the advantage of the club; and to the major disadvantage of the international side.

And he'll be thinking up some new outrageous hypocrasy in respect of criticising Liverpool or their players, whilst remaining apparently totally oblivious to his own actions and the antics of his players over the years! Attempting to exploit the "moral high ground" again, when it is actually completely unavailable to him! :roll:

Indeed, in several respects, there is no doubt that the mancs are the biggest club in the World, and that is in terms of being the biggest cheats, the biggest exponents of the black arts and gamesmanship, the biggest hypocrites, and the biggest set of arrogant b*st*rds! :thumbdown:

For all their undoubted faults, and their dumb actions, Liverpool are a set of angels by comparison!

N

NorfolkGreen

You do have issues, do you think all the Man U fans are Tories as well?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
NorfolkGreen":1zk457p4 said:
You do have issues, do you think all the Man U fans are Tories as well?
Lol. You read my mind. :greensmile:

Jun 16, 2006
NorfolkGreen":1lgcloqh said:
Stuart_C":1lgcloqh said:
NorfolkGreen":1lgcloqh said:
Stuart_C":1lgcloqh said:
bathpilgrim":1lgcloqh said:
There are adults now in this country who weren't alive when Liverpool last won the league so not particulalry surprised that there are a whole generation of football fans who put them on a level with Porto or Borussia Dortmund,
it will be funny (still sad) on saturday lunchtime seeing the age split between the plastic scousers and gooners.

Can't wait to spot my first ManYoo fan with a child in tow sporting a Balotelli shirt.

That will never happen!
Seen plastic scousers with young ManYoo and Chelski-ites in tow.
Power of Sky and playground peer group pressure will see it happen.

I meant a Man U fan letting their child have a Man City players shirt on.
...and I gave an example of how glory hunting is generational.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Jones the Green":2h5fn4yc said:
bathpilgrim":2h5fn4yc said:
Does this mean that Nottingham Forest are a bigger club on the continent then say Arsenal, Chelsea or even Man Utd because of their period of domination in the European Cup then ?

Clearly, bp, it depends on what you use as your measures! Or, how you slice the cake determines what you are given to eat !

(which is one reason why I am always so suspicious of those beloved statistics of yours!)

If you chose the very simple scale that the teams who have won the European Cup the most are the biggest, then yes, Forest are bigger than Arsenal and Chelsea. And so are Villa. But not Man U, who have won it three times to Forest's two amd Villa's one.

Clearly, some will say that is far too simplistic a criteria, and the measure should instead emphasise current form and recent success, as opposed to the overall historical record.

By that criteria, Barcelona are clearly the biggest club in Europe.

Ah, but are they? Are they really? I don't think even the most passionate cule would yet claim that Barca have already surpassed Real Madrid in terms of reputation, fame and glory. They would admit they still have some way to go. And I say that as someone who has always loved Barca and loathed Madrid.

So it would appear to be a COMBINATION of the two;- past glories and current strengths.....

And thus the arguments start, because you will never get agreement on how much emphasis to place on which criteria! :roll:

Personally, (and I am actually being serious here!) I don't think Manchester United have as big a reputation in Europe as their fans fondly think, because they continually fail in the Champions League. Sure,they're there every year, but they have only won it twice after reaching the knock-out rounds virtually every season. (I believe this season is the first time they have ever been in the UEFA Cup/Europa League. ) That's a hell of a lot of failures in the knock-out rounds.

Granted their record is better than Arsenal and Chelsea, who managed to cock it up EVERY YEAR! :lol:

And I think even Ferguson acknowledges that the mancs should have won it a lot more often, and he has expressed himself jealous of Liverpool's European Cup record.

Case rests! :whistle:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Liverpool are a bigger club than United for me, withot doubt. It's a mixture of past glories and current successes.

They are winning 8-4 on the continent, and I think one less trophy in England? Better history and their present team has a lot of promise too, they just need to weed out some of the rubbish and they could easily be back to Champions League.

Great club with a great history, made me all the more annoyed that Suarez and Dalglish tainted their name with recent events. Of course United are too but Liverpool for me just have that touch more about them.

For the record, I don't follow Liverpool and never have, giving my neutral view as to who the bigger club is.

tigertony":1knilf5a said:
The revival goes on under Dalglish. :funny:

With all due respect, tigertony, you need to consider where they were under "woy" Hodgson before sneering at Dalglish.

When you're in the bottom two a season ago, then a recovery to the point where you have a trophy and already qualified for Europe by early march is definitely a revival by any consideration!

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Bottom 2, when after a handful of games? They finished 6th last year, 10 points from a 4th placed Champions League spot and 22 points behind top spot.
£80 million pounds later they lie 7th, still 10 points off 4th spot and a massive 27 points off top spot with a quarter of the season to go. Hardly progress is it?

N

NorfolkGreen

I'm sure I read somewhere that Liverpool were in an almost identical position this season as they were under Hodgson last season

C

Cult Of Personality

NorfolkGreen":2bccdprm said:
I'm sure I read somewhere that Liverpool were in an almost identical position this season as they were under Hodgson last season

Sssh we want them to keep thinking things are getting better when they are not

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
NorfolkGreen":1fsexbw6 said:

Interesting that Hodgson has done as well with West Brom as he did with Liverpool with a much smaller budget. It shows that the problem lies with the players not the manager for clubs with high expectation.