Lowe OUT NOW | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe OUT NOW

Jul 12, 2016
With every loss RL's stock is lowering. There is little chance of a Championship club poaching a manager who is struggling to cope in league one. His recent comments are reminiscent of DA.
Oxford were play off contenders last season, my players are working their hardest etc. The facts are that Oxford have been wallowing in the bottom half of the table this season and our players are not as good as he makes out. RL seems to want to be mates with everybody. I find it strange that he and Robinson were talking to one another about problems within their respective clubs recently.Seems Robinson found out more about us than RL did about Oxford :facepalm:

Aug 5, 2016
Cobi Budge":386x9u8m said:
I wasn't his biggest fan and I'm much happier with Ryan Lowe, but in all fairness, Adams is doing a very good job with Morecambe, another impressive win for them today away at Colchester, 5th in the League, definitely wouldn't be a surprise to see him offered a bigger L2 club such as Bradford or even a L1 club in the near future, in numerical terms his record as a manager will be impressive to any recruiting owner.

What price on Adams getting promotion with Morecambe and Argyle getting relegated in the same season?

We could have done with Yann Songo'o to sort out some of those set pieces yesterday.

Adams used to let the opposition pump balls like that in to the box all day long and Bradley and Songo'o would clear 10 to 20 of them a game. Every long ball into our box worries me at the moment.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Sadly, there are some signs that Ryan Lowe isn’t as good as he or we thought he was. Those fist pumping days in front of the Devonport End must seem a distant memory now. Hopefully, he can turn things around otherwise it’s going to be a long hard winter for Argyle.

Jul 12, 2016
Devongreenowl":21ikp32c said:
Sadly, there are some signs that Ryan Lowe isn’t as good as he or we thought he was. Those fist pumping days in front of the Devonport End must seem a distant memory now. Hopefully, he can turn things around otherwise it’s going to be a long hard winter for Argyle.
Not a surprise to me. He is a personable guy and certainly knows the things to say but his inexperience in dealing with under performing players and lack of tactical nous has been questionable since he arrived. I hope he can turn it around but feel it may be more luck than judgement if he keeps us in league 1.

Sep 25, 2010
Devongreenowl":3cmf9yho said:

How sad these comments above are.

RL, how do we know how good he is, he has only done about 20 games in league one, and so far, we are a mid table team.

Surely you wasn’t expecting to win the league are you.?

The fist pumping days, were quite good, And exciting, why knock it, hopefully they will come back. Pointless comment.

Your last point is ridiculous, it will be a long hard season, as said before, we are new boys in league one, surely you were not expecting to win L1 ?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Martyn":q9otwh0j said:
Devongreenowl":q9otwh0j said:

RL, how do we know how good he is, he has only done about 20 games in league one, and so far, we are a mid table team.

The fist pumping days, were quite good, And exciting, why knock it, hopefully they will come back. Pointless comment.

Your last point is ridiculous, it will be a long hard season, as said before, we are new boys in league one, surely you were not expecting to win L1 ?

Well if in your own dreamworld you think all is tickety boo, I’m dead chuffed for you :facepalm:

Jul 12, 2016
Martyn":2aok94l0 said:
Devongreenowl":2aok94l0 said:

Not pointless comments ,almost pointless last few games. You find fist pumping days exciting? :funny:

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
Devongreenowl":z5l4hw0i said:
The fist pumping was an embarrassment, as was the crowds constant singing of his name to the virtual exclusion of any songs about the actual players, other than Wootton

Couldn’t disagree more

Lowe has come in and for the first time in an age United the fan base, he’s engaged with the fans, community and the club staff. Righting the wrongs of previous regimes who lost the players, fans, staff and media.

He’s relatively new to management, especially at this level and is still learning his trade but he admits that, he doesn’t come out after a defeat saying we’ve been great when we haven’t. He’s honest and wears his heart on his sleeve. He is hungry and ambitious and when we tick we play a very entertaining brand of football. He has he flaws - everyone does but this is the first real blip in 18 months so no knee jerk reactions here.

RL will pile pressure on himself and his staff to get it right, I trust them to do so.

greeneagle

✅ Evergreen
Jan 26, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
oldage":n29urq3p said:
Martyn":n29urq3p said:
Devongreenowl":n29urq3p said:

Not pointless comments ,almost pointless last few games. You find fist pumping days exciting? :funny:

One win in the last nine games, 4pts from a possible 27. Absolutely relegation form.

Jul 12, 2016
Bubba":3jeenh94 said:
Devongreenowl":3jeenh94 said:
The fist pumping was an embarrassment, as was the crowds constant singing of his name to the virtual exclusion of any songs about the actual players, other than Wootton

Couldn’t disagree more

Lowe has come in and for the first time in an age United the fan base, he’s engaged with the fans, community and the club staff. Righting the wrongs of previous regimes who lost the players, fans, staff and media.

He’s relatively new to management, especially at this level and is still learning his trade but he admits that, he doesn’t come out after a defeat saying we’ve been great when we haven’t. He’s honest and wears his heart on his sleeve. He is hungry and ambitious and when we tick we play a very entertaining brand of football. He has he flaws - everyone does but this is the first real blip in 18 months so no knee jerk reactions here.

RL will pile pressure on himself and his staff to get it right, I trust them to do so.
Just a couple of points. RL has engaged the fans ,community and club staff but we are in danger of being back in the same league as we were when he first joined us. He does say after defeats how good his players are and how they will respond in the next game to put things right but recent results do not suggest this is the case.

Sep 6, 2006
Bubba":o7qvtsqa said:
Devongreenowl":o7qvtsqa said:

Couldn’t disagree more

Actually he says exactly we have been great when we haven't. Said it after the Oxford game. A 30 minute good spell followed by the collapse of the defence does not make a great performance so I would rather he didn't insult our intelligence.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
Balham_Green":2ml4b7nl said:
Bubba":2ml4b7nl said:
Devongreenowl":2ml4b7nl said:

Couldn’t disagree more

Actually he says exactly we have been great when we haven't. Said it after the Oxford game. A 30 minute good spell followed by the collapse of the defence does not make a great performance so I would rather he didn't insult our intelligence.

Pretty sure he said we were great for 30 mins, not the entire 90 mins which is exactly what I’ve said - when we have done well he says so, when not he also isn’t adverse to saying so.

Much rather that than Adam’s who was never ever at fault, that was insulting anyone’s intelligence, no matter what level that sits at.

May 8, 2011
Bubba":q37tcb8e said:
Devongreenowl":q37tcb8e said:

Couldn’t disagree more

Just wonder what evidence you have to state that the previous regimes lost the players, fans, staff and media, and that they didn’t engage with them or the community?