Lowe OUT NOW | Page 20 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe OUT NOW

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
HC Green":iclvspqq said:
Bubba":iclvspqq said:
Devongreenowl":iclvspqq said:
The fist pumping was an embarrassment, as was the crowds constant singing of his name to the virtual exclusion of any songs about the actual players, other than Wootton

Couldn’t disagree more

Lowe has come in and for the first time in an age United the fan base, he’s engaged with the fans, community and the club staff. Righting the wrongs of previous regimes who lost the players, fans, staff and media.

He’s relatively new to management, especially at this level and is still learning his trade but he admits that, he doesn’t come out after a defeat saying we’ve been great when we haven’t. He’s honest and wears his heart on his sleeve. He is hungry and ambitious and when we tick we play a very entertaining brand of football. He has he flaws - everyone does but this is the first real blip in 18 months so no knee jerk reactions here.

RL will pile pressure on himself and his staff to get it right, I trust them to do so.

Just wonder what evidence you have to state that the previous regimes lost the players, fans, staff and media, and that they didn’t engage with them or the community?

Media:

Fact: Adams banned the Herald.

Staff:

Fact: Brewster left pretty unceremoniously barely a word of thanks.

Fact: Osbourne has been less than complimentary since leaving.

Players:

Rumour: Adams had lost large parts of dressing room.

Evidence: Quite obvious in the performances.
Lies about Ladapo.
Accrington being the pinnacle.

Fans:

Fact: He had quite clearly lost a lot of the fans.
Evidence: PASOTI/Social Media/The response of the fans at Accrington

I could say similar for John Sheridan, Paul Mariner etc. But let’s be honest, you’re not interested in blindly defending them, just Derek.

Apr 1, 2009
Nobby":6ojih8fe said:
HC Green":6ojih8fe said:
Bubba":6ojih8fe said:
Devongreenowl":6ojih8fe said:
The fist pumping was an embarrassment, as was the crowds constant singing of his name to the virtual exclusion of any songs about the actual players, other than Wootton

Couldn’t disagree more

Lowe has come in and for the first time in an age United the fan base, he’s engaged with the fans, community and the club staff. Righting the wrongs of previous regimes who lost the players, fans, staff and media.

He’s relatively new to management, especially at this level and is still learning his trade but he admits that, he doesn’t come out after a defeat saying we’ve been great when we haven’t. He’s honest and wears his heart on his sleeve. He is hungry and ambitious and when we tick we play a very entertaining brand of football. He has he flaws - everyone does but this is the first real blip in 18 months so no knee jerk reactions here.

RL will pile pressure on himself and his staff to get it right, I trust them to do so.

Just wonder what evidence you have to state that the previous regimes lost the players, fans, staff and media, and that they didn’t engage with them or the community?

Media:

Staff:

Fact: Adams got rid of Hodges, Brewster etc pretty unceremoniously barely a word of thanks.

Players:

Lies about Ladapo.

Fans:

I could say similar for John Sheridan, Paul Mariner etc. But let’s be honest, you’re not interested in blindly defending them, just Derek.

When did Adams get "rid of Hodges"? Is that really a Fact as you claim?

"Lies about Ladapo" as evidence? There's all sorts of things that have been rumoured for and against Ladapo - find it surprising that you are sure enough of what happened with him to claim this as "evidence".

Not in the business of defending Adams, merely in hearing actual facts.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
HC Green":3udty5q3 said:
Bubba":3udty5q3 said:
Devongreenowl":3udty5q3 said:

Couldn’t disagree more

Without taking the thread way off course I’m not just talking about your mate Derek, it refers to Sheridan and others, and I’m not about to name names BTW but people within the club and dressing room made it known certain managers ways were very old school and not appreciated by them. Talk to the same people now, and I mean the exact same people and they say RL has brought a family feel back to Argyle and genuinely wants it to be part of the community.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
To be fair Adams/the club were correct in not speaking to the Herald. At the time the agenda from the Herald was to undermine Adams, even printing a story from a football computer game that Adams should be sacked written by the Exeter City supporting journalist.
It put Chris Errington in an awkward position.

Players like Carey, Jervis, Slew, Songo'o, Diagouraga and Mellor all signed for Adams at least twice so if he was that bad at man-management they surely wouldn't have joined him again.

It was the right decision to sack Adams but he does get some unfair bad press purely just to put him in a poor light against Lowe.

May 11, 2019
PL2 3DQ":248tjusg said:
To be fair Adams/the club were correct in not speaking to the Herald. At the time the agenda from the Herald was to undermine Adams, even printing a story from a football computer game that Adams should be sacked written by the Exeter City supporting journalist.
It put Chris Errington in an awkward position.

Players like Carey, Jervis, Slew, Songo'o, Diagouraga and Mellor all signed for Adams at least twice so if he was that bad at man-management they surely wouldn't have joined him again.

It was the right decision to sack Adams but he does get some unfair bad press purely just to put him in a poor light against Lowe.

This all day, although some of stuff written about Adams and Lowe is comedy gold and I’m guessing some of it is meant to be? :lol:

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
xmastree":26ib59za said:
Nobby":26ib59za said:
HC Green":26ib59za said:
Bubba":26ib59za said:
Devongreenowl":26ib59za said:

Couldn’t disagree more

Media:

Staff:

Fact: Adams got rid of Hodges, Brewster etc pretty unceremoniously barely a word of thanks.

Players:

Lies about Ladapo.

Fans:

When did Adams get "rid of Hodges"? Is that really a Fact as you claim?

"Lies about Ladapo" as evidence? There's all sorts of things that have been rumoured for and against Ladapo - find it surprising that you are sure enough of what happened with him to claim this as "evidence".

Not in the business of defending Adams, merely in hearing actual facts.

Okay, I withdraw the Hodges comment as 'fact'. However, Derek Adams oversaw footballing operations, did he not? Inclusive of the academy. Kevin Hodges left during that period without any sort of explanation whatsoever and very little thanks. I believe a statement appeared on the website and nothing more was said of it. The facts would suggest that Adams had a role to play in Hodges leaving.

As for Ladapo, I've stated that as evidence supporting a rumour, not fact. The player himself admitted he was not injured, when Adams said otherwise. It's evidence of the bad relationship he had with the player. Peter Hartley is another individual who has been critical of Adams.

For the record, I was supportive of Adams until the Accrington debacle. I just cannot stand HC's blind, unwaivering support of the guy as if he did no wrong.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
To reiterate my point at least, my comments are relevant to more than just Derek Adams, it’s other previous managers as well and highlight to me how RL has tried to unite the club on and off the field.

It’s all about opinions and great we all have differing ones, I’d hazard a guess not one of us make a living from the game and to Ryan Lowe, Derek Adams and many others it’s pretty irrelevant what we say and think.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Kevin Hodges left Argyle in November 2019, Adams wasn't around at that time.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I really don't understand why some people get themselves so wound up about Ryan Lowe's fist pumps in front of the Devonport, he clearly enjoys it, the fans in the Devonport clearly enjoy it, and it's a good positive way to round off a home win.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":q1iu0wgu said:
Kevin Hodges left Argyle in November 2019, Adams wasn't around at that time.

Fair enough, then I apologise for getting my dates crossed and will happily admit I was wrong on that front!

Sep 6, 2006
Bubba":qyp3vxel said:
Balham_Green":qyp3vxel said:
Bubba":qyp3vxel said:
Devongreenowl":qyp3vxel said:

Couldn’t disagree more

Actually he says exactly we have been great when we haven't. Said it after the Oxford game. A 30 minute good spell followed by the collapse of the defence does not make a great performance so I would rather he didn't insult our intelligence.

Pretty sure he said we were great for 30 mins, not the entire 90 mins which is exactly what I’ve said - when we have done well he says so, when not he also isn’t adverse to saying so.

Much rather that than Adam’s who was never ever at fault, that was insulting anyone’s intelligence, no matter what level that sits at.

Completely incorrect. I suggest you listen to Thursday's press conference again instead of hearing what you want to hear as it contradicts your post. He clearly said 'Three great performances'!! I.e. Charlton MK and Oxford.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
Balham_Green":2bzvhxro said:
Bubba":2bzvhxro said:
Balham_Green":2bzvhxro said:
Bubba":2bzvhxro said:
Devongreenowl":2bzvhxro said:

Couldn’t disagree more

Actually he says exactly we have been great when we haven't. Said it after the Oxford game. A 30 minute good spell followed by the collapse of the defence does not make a great performance so I would rather he didn't insult our intelligence.

Pretty sure he said we were great for 30 mins, not the entire 90 mins which is exactly what I’ve said - when we have done well he says so, when not he also isn’t adverse to saying so.

Much rather that than Adam’s who was never ever at fault, that was insulting anyone’s intelligence, no matter what level that sits at.

Completely incorrect. I suggest you listen to Thursday's press conference again instead of hearing what you want to hear as it contradicts your post. He clearly said 'Three great performances'!! I.e. Charlton MK and Oxford.

Thanks for the suggestion, Does RL say “ie Charlton, MK and Oxford?

Sep 6, 2006
Bubba":17rqhojt said:
Balham_Green":17rqhojt said:
Balham_Green":17rqhojt said:
Devongreenowl":17rqhojt said:

Couldn’t disagree more

Thanks for the suggestion, Does RL say “ie Charlton, MK and Oxford?

Yes he does. Its easy to find. Where do I find the first 30 minutes comment?

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
You mention it, It’s in your initial comment :thumbup:

Sep 6, 2006
Bubba":2ojphifi said:
You mention it, It’s in your initial comment :thumbup:

So you didn't hear him say it. I didnt say Lowe said it did I?. I know you are a mod but why don't you just admit you were wrong?