Lowe post Rochdale match comments | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe post Rochdale match comments

Oct 5, 2013
Balham_Green":bccp2r43 said:
philevs":bccp2r43 said:
Balham_Green":bccp2r43 said:
HC Green":bccp2r43 said:
up_the_line":bccp2r43 said:
oldage":bccp2r43 said:
If you believe what we are told, RL and his backroom staff are meticulous in identifying players who will fit into the team before they sign thiem.If this is the case, based on recent performances, they need to go "back to the drawing board". RL seems to be clueless when it comes to defenders.

Sorry? Who signed Canavan and Wooton? The two who were most culpable for Rochdale being 3 up inside 30 odd minutes? Wasn't Lowe was it.

We've looked steadier with the Lowe signings at CB, albeit that's not hard.

Sadly he was kind of stuck with those two wasn't he... But he managed to get the best out of them for just over a season.
I think he's just found out they've reached their limit.
Unfortunately in these times it's going to be hard to justify bringing in more central defenders when those two were put on extended contracts by the previous guy. Even after he's gone his legacy lives on eh.

If we can get either of them moved on in January it'd be a result.

I think you need to pick your arguments against Lowe a bit better. You could have a pop at him for not selecting the best centre back pairing. But suggesting the performances of Wooton and Canavan (Adams signings) shows that Lowe can't sign defenders is slightly baffling.

If it wasn’t Lowe that didn’t release Wootton and Canavan in the retained list this summer but offered them a new contract, who was it?

He's got you there Uptheline! Still doesn't excuse the signings in the first place.
Along with others that Summer. Tafari Moore
:doh: Worst ever right back. Played regularly at start of that season. How's his career going? Did Adams even watch him first. And that left back. Smith something. That's a whole defence of chumps.

My view is that calling any professional player a “chump” or other such insulting term is something that is only done by people who have never played the game at any sort of level, and who have no grasp of what it takes to become a professional footballer, or of just how good these people are at what they do.
Of course some of our players are better than others, but none of them are “chumps”.

Yes they are. You don't need to be a professional footballer to see that. Moore could not even take a throw in. Canavon cannot even make sure the ball is out of play or play to the whistle.

Don’t agree. Are you saying that everyone should consider them “chumps” because you see it that way?

Oct 5, 2013
Balham_Green":1g07hkiw said:
I don't care what everybody else considers them.

So if I said “Wootton is a fantastic player and the best defender in the world”, you’d leave it at that, you wouldn’t call my view rubbish or anything?

Sep 6, 2006
philevs":zodg2hmo said:
Balham_Green":zodg2hmo said:
I don't care what everybody else considers them.

So if I said “Wootton is a fantastic player and the best defender in the world”, you’d leave it at that, you wouldn’t call my view rubbish or anything?

I would agree with you :lol:

Jun 27, 2019
Ashley Smith-Brown---Scott Wootton---Niall Canavan---Tafari Moore.

I think you'd struggle to find a worse defence than that in our entire history. And they were all signed in the same window!

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Balham_Green":jbifpb7n said:
HC Green":jbifpb7n said:
up_the_line":jbifpb7n said:
oldage":jbifpb7n said:
If you believe what we are told, RL and his backroom staff are meticulous in identifying players who will fit into the team before they sign thiem.If this is the case, based on recent performances, they need to go "back to the drawing board". RL seems to be clueless when it comes to defenders.

Sorry? Who signed Canavan and Wooton? The two who were most culpable for Rochdale being 3 up inside 30 odd minutes? Wasn't Lowe was it.

We've looked steadier with the Lowe signings at CB, albeit that's not hard.

Sadly he was kind of stuck with those two wasn't he... But he managed to get the best out of them for just over a season.
I think he's just found out they've reached their limit.
Unfortunately in these times it's going to be hard to justify bringing in more central defenders when those two were put on extended contracts by the previous guy. Even after he's gone his legacy lives on eh.

If we can get either of them moved on in January it'd be a result.

I think you need to pick your arguments against Lowe a bit better. You could have a pop at him for not selecting the best centre back pairing. But suggesting the performances of Wooton and Canavan (Adams signings) shows that Lowe can't sign defenders is slightly baffling.

If it wasn’t Lowe that didn’t release Wootton and Canavan in the retained list this summer but offered them a new contract, who was it?

He's got you there Uptheline! Still doesn't excuse the signings in the first place.
Along with others that Summer. Tafari Moore
:doh: Worst ever right back. Played regularly at start of that season. How's his career going? Did Adams even watch him first. And that left back. Smith something. That's a whole defence of chumps.

Yeah true that.. My bad. Might be Lowe's biggest mistake at the club renewing those two. They weren't up to the mark at this level before and a good season in league 2 never convinced me they'd be less keystone at league 1 a second time round. As you say, what with Macey behind them that was a truly comical set up

Sep 6, 2006
WoodsyGreen":qoaek9tp said:
Ashley Smith-Brown---Scott Wootton---Niall Canavan---Tafari Moore.

I think you'd struggle to find a worse defence than that in our entire history. And they were all signed in the same window!

According to ahem wikipedia Moore is still with Argyle and Smith Brown is a free agent. I thought Adams would have taken them to Morecambe.... :whistle:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I posted plenty of times last season and again during the summer, that Wootton and Canavan were liabilities whose lack of defensive quality was masked by having a really good keeper behind them. I’m a Ryan Lowe fan, but I think he’s been a bit of a 'chump' having either of them in the team in the next league up. Both should have been moved on in the summer.