Lowe told to cut finances | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe told to cut finances

Jul 12, 2016
Devongreenowl":kmpjfn0f said:
oldage":kmpjfn0f said:
Devongreenowl":kmpjfn0f said:
Adam_R":kmpjfn0f said:
Pretty sure with the number of players out of contract we could afford to sign Jephcott on better terms. He wouldn't be demanding massive money so could still get a better deal whilst cutting overall costs.

Imagine his improved terms would still be way less than any experienced striker on our books or we could look at.

Exactly. It’s not about breaking a pay structure. He is due a promotion to first team squad pay scales. Only a completely blinkered fool would say let him go, when he is potentially the best home grown striker we have produced in generations. You couldn’t make it up.
If it is me you are referring to as " a completely blinkered fool" you are resorting to type again. You just cannot help your
self. In case it hasn't sunk in yet we might be fighting for survival if this pandemic continues. Jephcott is far from the finished article and although I would not want to see him leave it if we cannot afford him then so be it.It's amazing how some people are more than happy to spend other people's money!

Yes, I should have just said, completely blinkered.
The trouble is Oldage, you are and always have been, pint glass completely empty. Back in February and early March you were constant in your negative posting about the team, we couldn’t defend, we couldn’t score, we couldn’t tackle, no way we’d get promoted etc etc etc. Here you are now saying that we are fighting for survival. Nowhere in his statement did Simon Hallett say that. He said we were one of the clubs in a stronger position but not invincible.

As for your views on releasing Jephcote if he won’t accept his current pay level in a new contract, they (your views) are an absolute joke. There isn’t a single other poster on here who agrees with you. The lad has done his apprenticeship, come through youth and reserve team football and is now an integral part of the first team squad. If you can’t see that he should be offered more money, then maybe my original description was right. Yeah, let's just give him away to a club who will value him appropriately then. There would be no shortage of takers. As I say, thankfully Hallett is in charge and not you.
You are one of the main reasons I stopped posting before.You are just an [insult removed by site admin.].

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
oldage":4cd8pg84 said:
Devongreenowl":4cd8pg84 said:
oldage":4cd8pg84 said:
Devongreenowl":4cd8pg84 said:
Adam_R":4cd8pg84 said:
Pretty sure with the number of players out of contract we could afford to sign Jephcott on better terms. He wouldn't be demanding massive money so could still get a better deal whilst cutting overall costs.

Imagine his improved terms would still be way less than any experienced striker on our books or we could look at.

Exactly. It’s not about breaking a pay structure. He is due a promotion to first team squad pay scales. Only a completely blinkered fool would say let him go, when he is potentially the best home grown striker we have produced in generations. You couldn’t make it up.
If it is me you are referring to as " a completely blinkered fool" you are resorting to type again. You just cannot help your
self. In case it hasn't sunk in yet we might be fighting for survival if this pandemic continues. Jephcott is far from the finished article and although I would not want to see him leave it if we cannot afford him then so be it.It's amazing how some people are more than happy to spend other people's money!

The trouble is Oldage, you are and always have been, pint glass completely empty. Back in February and early March you were constant in your negative posting about the team, we couldn’t defend, we couldn’t score, we couldn’t tackle, no way we’d get promoted etc etc etc. Here you are now saying that we are fighting for survival. Nowhere in his statement did Simon Hallett say that. He said we were one of the clubs in a stronger position but not invincible.

As for your views on releasing Jephcote if he won’t accept his current pay level in a new contract, they (your views) are an absolute joke. There isn’t a single other poster on here who agrees with you. The lad has done his apprenticeship, come through youth and reserve team football and is now an integral part of the first team squad. If you can’t see that he should be offered more money, then maybe my original description was right. Yeah, let's just give him away to a club who will value him appropriately then. There would be no shortage of takers. As I say, thankfully Hallett is in charge and not you.
You are one of the main reasons I stopped posting before.You are just an [insult removed by site admin.].

Honestly! I don't understand why you two ever got married!

May 8, 2011
Devongreenowl":2l5pczyv said:
oldage":2l5pczyv said:
Devongreenowl":2l5pczyv said:
Adam_R":2l5pczyv said:

The thing that puzzles me is with all the hype and praise of Jephcott from within the Club why unlike Mike Cooper wasn’t he offered a contract extension to tie him to the Club.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
He may have been offered a new contract and decided to wait due to his higher profile leading up to the March close down.

May 8, 2011
davie nine":1hrlaj0e said:
He may have been offered a new contract and decided to wait due to his higher profile leading up to the March close down.

If that had happened I’m sure we would have known about it.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
I cant believe anyone will be offered any kind of contract before it is known which league we will be in unless they're either on multi year deals or reduced offers.

Jul 12, 2016
AdelaideGreen":30dn4dex said:
oldage":30dn4dex said:
Devongreenowl":30dn4dex said:
oldage":30dn4dex said:
Devongreenowl":30dn4dex said:
Adam_R":30dn4dex said:

Honestly! I don't understand why you two ever got married!
Not funny. If this guy continues to post I will stop.

Aug 5, 2016
Forest of Dean Green":oyne65bh said:
Personally, I would have hoped, perhaps naively, that all of this me would lead to a recalibration of the worth of football players and the stupidity of wage structures. I was listening to 606 this week when Robbie Savage was supporting Lyle Taylor in not seeing out his final few games for Charlton because he was being offered a dream contract elsewhere that would see him and his family right. The figure being quoted, real or not, was 15-20 grand a week. That is post COVID when it is unclear whether many clubs will survive. It is unreal that when survival is a real challenge for many clubs, figures like that are even being quoted for a Championship player. Like nothing has changed in the slightest. The football economy is in a complete mess, and yet people are still thinking in those terms for a 30 y/o Championship player. World. Gone. Mad.

Lyle Taylor was rumoured to have been offered £17,000 a week when he left Wimbledon for Charlton.

So if he is leaving the Addicks, he is probably looking at picking up even more than than £15-20k a week.

Apr 1, 2009
Longwellgreen":2ajowonh said:
Does anyone know how much fans donating/buying shirts etc has helped in regards our cash flow?

How would anyone quantify that? Particularly as the club are unlikely to release a figure as to fan donations which are still rising. It's not now when the cash flow requirement is going to be at its worst, and without having any idea how long the club will be starved of income, it is impossible to predict the needs the club will have. All the club could reasonably say at this stage is thank you, and please continue to assist if you can.