Lowe's response... | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe's response...

Jun 27, 2019
We were warned by Bury fans that Lowe doesn't prioritise his defence. I'm not sure that's entirely true, but it has become obvious that he won't alter his philosophy regardless of the strengths of the opposition, which leaves us vulnerable to the odd kicking - especially away from home when we'll be attacked more.

His Bury side conceded 3 or more goals in five away games last season, which is quite a lot for a side promoted automatically.

Yesterday was hard to take but it wasn't the first away-day shellacking under Ryan Lowe and it won't be the last. Personally I think it's worth it for the brand of football we're playing and to be where we are in the league. That said, I do hope we sign a couple of decent centre-backs in the summer.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Under Ryan Lowe over the course of the season, defensively we’ve improved massively both as a unit, and the players as individuals. One defeat doesn’t change that.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think we have the making and style of a good team but we are sell short of 4/5 players.

We still require 2 CB’s, a full back and a striker. We could still do with another CM to see serious competition aswel.

The hope is promotion at the first asking but either way, L2 or L1 big changes are still needed

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The defence is receiving a lot of criticism when over the season the defenders have done well, keeping the joint-third highest amount of clean sheets in League Two, more than Swindon and Crewe.

It was a bad day, defensively from the team and tactically from the manager but we don't have too many bad days and we'll have a few more but the good days will far outweigh the bad days.

It's risk and reward, it always has been.

Sep 6, 2006
Emu":v0rh10lz said:
Balham_Green":v0rh10lz said:
Emu":v0rh10lz said:
Balham_Green":v0rh10lz said:
Is a bit worrying to me. He talks about 3 bad goals conceded as if that was all that was wrong. They could have easily scored 5 or 6 in the first half alone! The system was wrong, players were played out of position and some shouldnt have been playing at all e.g. Jephcott. Does he see that? Would have more respect for him if he accepted some responsibility. He talks about doing his research on teams. Did he not realize they have quality out wide and if we set up to let them play we would struggle?

Drop Jephcott after the month he has just had, plus the national player of the month award?
Yes that would have done wonders for his confidence!

He's already dropped him for the Crawley game in case you didnt notice!

Depends on your definition of dropped/rested I suppose.

And he scored in the game he was dropped/rested to the bench didnt he? How was his confidence affected do you think?

Jan 2, 2019
Lowe is a very good manager at this level just got things very wrong yesterday. He also needed to strengthen the defence in January but didn’t. Hardie seems to have escaped criticism but the two times I’ve seen him he has done nothing.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
David_Fisher":2rr55xob said:
DartingtonPilgrim":2rr55xob said:
David_Fisher":2rr55xob said:
Just watched the "highlights" & we seem to be back to schoolboy defending.

Presumably there wasn't a single defender with a bit of pace available in the January window.

Maybe our manager missed the pacy central defender aisle at the supermarket David , otherwise he would surely have thrown a couple in his trolley , might have even got a BOGOF deal .

We seem to have "put all our eggs in the one basket" with the signing of Mayor who has pretty much failed to deliver.

To paraphrase Churchill:

'Some egg!! ..... Some basket!!! ...' :scarf:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
WoodfordWall":2mbnq9co said:
Lowe is a very good manager at this level just got things very wrong yesterday. He also needed to strengthen the defence in January but didn’t. Hardie seems to have escaped criticism but the two times I’ve seen him he has done nothing.
Neither has Sarcevic, Palmer, Mayor, cooper, Bakinson or Wootton.

Jul 12, 2016
Cobi Budge":1q6ch8sh said:
Under Ryan Lowe over the course of the season, defensively we’ve improved massively both as a unit, and the players as individuals. One defeat doesn’t change that.
I appreciate your enthusiasm for Lowe's brand of football but although we have improved defensively to be honest we couldn't get much worst.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
oldage":3dzilsyl said:
Cobi Budge":3dzilsyl said:
I appreciate your enthusiasm for Lowe's brand of football but although we have improved defensively to be honest we couldn't get much worst.

Have we improved massively defensively or just marginally with some decent luck, until yesterday

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Balham_Green":kjso5nty said:
up_the_line":kjso5nty said:
Balham_Green":kjso5nty said:
up_the_line":kjso5nty said:
He's had to allow Cooper to continue up to this point at LWB because he's justified his inclusion with his assists and McFadzean has been unfit. He has also had Sawyer to bail him out, but in recent weeks his performances have nose-dived spectacularly and yesterday will have been the last straw, particularly with the petulant booking being the icing on the cake.
The damage had been done by HT and perhaps McFadzean is not yet at 100%, but I would be shocked to see Cooper at LWB again. Errington's piece in the herald summarises what we've all been seeing (apart from a select group in block 14 who see Cooper as some sort of spray-tanned Jesus). The lad may well just be what we need, just higher up the park where he isn't causing gaping holes in the defence and giving the left centre half a headache

Its horses for courses. Perhaps play Cooper at home v lesser opposition but not away from home when we are going to come under the cosh against a good side. Incredibly naive management.

Agreed but I get the feeling McFadzean wasn't 100% but still had to go on as a damage limitation exercise yesterday.

McFadzean got skinned by their centre half yesterday. :facepalm:
What do you mean by ‘skinned’?
Outpaced, outjumped or both.

May 8, 2011
The centre half was playing like a winger at the stage of the game. He nutmegged McFadzean after flicking the ball over McFadzean, and doing a mazy dribble that had McFadzean banboozled, not bad skill for a lump of a centre half.