maclean to leave next week | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

maclean to leave next week

Oct 24, 2010
penzancepirate":3jouj1pe said:
esmer":3jouj1pe said:
He's a footballer, has the ability to find space, control the ball and pass it.

One of the excuses trotted out about Maclean was that the rest of the team just weren't quick enough to keep up with his thinking. As if :)
I've played with 'thinking' players, I was one myself, some were good, some were appalling.
When a footballer passes the ball he should not just think of his end of the deal, but the receiving player as well. You pass to the abilities of the player receiving the ball with appropriate weight, not give it to where you reckon that player should have been... that's not good thinking, it's just lazy, usually selfish, and going through the motions not taking team responsibility. Teamates or managers do not put up with virtual players for long. Such players rarely see where they're going wrong and remain for ever International quality in their own heads.
Any player who does what you describe is a poor passer, MacLean is a very good passer.

Nov 23, 2009
Madras
esmer":b2eplzo8 said:
penzancepirate":b2eplzo8 said:
esmer":b2eplzo8 said:
He's a footballer, has the ability to find space, control the ball and pass it.

One of the excuses trotted out about Maclean was that the rest of the team just weren't quick enough to keep up with his thinking. As if :)
I've played with 'thinking' players, I was one myself, some were good, some were appalling.
When a footballer passes the ball he should not just think of his end of the deal, but the receiving player as well. You pass to the abilities of the player receiving the ball with appropriate weight, not give it to where you reckon that player should have been... that's not good thinking, it's just lazy, usually selfish, and going through the motions not taking team responsibility. Teamates or managers do not put up with virtual players for long. Such players rarely see where they're going wrong and remain for ever International quality in their own heads.
Any player who does what you describe is a poor passer, MacLean is a very good passer.

He definitely seems to pass the blame for his poor form well.