Macleod out again | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macleod out again

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":2azezrpd said:
i am yet to be impressed by this player

Lowe obviously is. Erm think I'll back Lowe over you on this one Steve if you don't mind! He will play whenever he is fit or even not fully fit BECAUSE HE IS a good player. Helps transition from defence through the Midfield and usually retains possession which we certainly did not do after he went off. Lets face it distribution from the defenders isn't great. As somebody else said he makes us tick. Anybody who has played at any level knows the value of a go to player who you can trust with the ball especially when under pressure.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
up_the_line":35c10yqv said:
I didn't see anything that Fornah did yesterday that was any different to what McLeod does. In fact Fornah played a couple of very good forward passes in the second half to start counter attacks where McLeod would have probably passed 5 yards to a centre back putting them in a pickle.

Yep - I noticed someone on the matchday thread slating Fornah from about two minutes after he came on. Yet to me - and you it seems - I didn't see him do anything wrong. He played deeper because the team as a whole invited pressure in the last 20 - once again not helped by forwards who can't hold the ball up and bring others into the game.

He isn't likely to bag 10 goals a season or 10 assists from a sitting position, but he looks composed and was effective enough yesterday. I prefer MacLeod due to his range of passing and link up play but at 21 Fornah is a perfectly acceptable understudy.

One wonders whether he would have more support if he wasn't a loanee.

Aug 5, 2016
Frank_Butcher":19kf76ik said:
up_the_line":19kf76ik said:
I didn't see anything that Fornah did yesterday that was any different to what McLeod does. In fact Fornah played a couple of very good forward passes in the second half to start counter attacks where McLeod would have probably passed 5 yards to a centre back putting them in a pickle.

Yep - I noticed someone on the matchday thread slating Fornah from about two minutes after he came on. Yet to me - and you it seems - I didn't see him do anything wrong. He played deeper because the team as a whole invited pressure in the last 20 - once again not helped by forwards who can't hold the ball up and bring others into the game.

He isn't likely to bag 10 goals a season or 10 assists from a sitting position, but he looks composed and was effective enough yesterday. I prefer MacLeod due to his range of passing and link up play but at 21 Fornah is a perfectly acceptable understudy.

Fornah is a good player and so is Macleod.

They get slated for sideways and backwards passing when that is clearly what they are being coached to do.

Mayor and Camara can dribble the ball and travel with it, but Macleod and Fornah are not in the team to do that. Composed on the ball, decisive touches, keep the ball moving.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Wouldn’t it be nice to do away with the CDM and have a CAM playing behind the 2 CF’s?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":3v0eeev9 said:
Steve Evans":3v0eeev9 said:
i am yet to be impressed by this player

Lowe obviously is. Erm think I'll back Lowe over you on this one Steve if you don't mind! He will play whenever he is fit or even not fully fit BECAUSE HE IS a good player. Helps transition from defence through the Midfield and usually retains possession which we certainly did not do after he went off. Lets face it distribution from the defenders isn't great. As somebody else said he makes us tick. Anybody who has played at any level knows the value of a go to player who you can trust with the ball especially when under pressure.
i don't mind at all.it's so refreshing to read how upbeat you are. ;)

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Fornah & MacLeod are both good players in their own way but I still don't think they're quite what we need.

I posted on another thread that we need to sign a commanding CDM. Everybody talks about our CB's, and yes they're not great, but they're often left far too exposed because it's easy to get at us through the middle of the park. I wonder what it would take to pinch Ben Tozer from Cheltenham, 30 years old, CDM, their captain and Plymouth born.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PL2 3DQ":1j8vxp3c said:
He's good with the ball at his feet, although he appears languid and he has a tendency to pass directly to the wide players meaning they have to wait to receive the ball rather than pass the ball a few yards in front so they can run onto the ball. Just a minor detail.

I like him but I noticed this too yesterday, I literally had my finger on the screen pointing where Joe Edwards needed the ball in front of him... and always went straight to him instead.

Nov 2, 2004
Frank_Butcher":333kpu3b said:
up_the_line":333kpu3b said:

That was probably me slating him,that is because I think he is everything you do not want at this level pretending to be a defensive midfielder. He is a neat enough footballer who occasionally picks a decent pass. Sadly these are not the qualities required, he needs to have a positional awareness, be physically tough and break up play, this involves tackling and reading play. Steve Adams, Songoo and O’Connor knew how to do this Fornah has no idea, he is constantly chasing players without ever being close enough to tackle anyone or break up play. At one point yesterday a Gillingham player just shrugged him off and surged forward into space, unforgivable for a holding midfielder. Edwards looked at him and shook his head in resigned acceptance, we are way to nice, he needed telling. Did Fornah tackle anyone yesterday that’s a genuine question? We were under pressure and he is a defensive midfielder, he seems to believe that position involves being a strolling shuffler of the ball. He is not fit for purpose and it is a very important role. Randell would probably be an upgrade. :scarf:

Sep 2, 2008
ealinggreen":1o2ml1mf said:
Frank_Butcher":1o2ml1mf said:
up_the_line":1o2ml1mf said:

That was probably me slating him,that is because I think he is everything you do not want at this level pretending to be a defensive midfielder. He is a neat enough footballer who occasionally picks a decent pass. Sadly these are not the qualities required, he needs to have a positional awareness, be physically tough and break up play, this involves tackling and reading play. Steve Adams, Songoo and O’Connor knew how to do this Fornah has no idea, he is constantly chasing players without ever being close enough to tackle anyone or break up play. At one point yesterday a Gillingham player just shrugged him off and surged forward into space, unforgivable for a holding midfielder. Edwards looked at him and shook his head in resigned acceptance, we are way to nice, he needed telling. Did Fornah tackle anyone yesterday that’s a genuine question? We were under pressure and he is a defensive midfielder, he seems to believe that position involves being a strolling shuffler of the ball. He is not fit for purpose and it is a very important role. Randell would probably be an upgrade. :scarf:

The best player we have for this position is Edwards. Lowe keeps looking for someone to play this position (Fornah, MacLeod) when we already have a guy that does the job properly and well. Lowe should be spending his time and money to find someone that can perform the WB role properly. The fact that he obviously can't see that we have the perfect person for the defensive midfielder role is a worrying thing for me.

Sep 6, 2006
Pottypilgrim":26s67h0l said:
ealinggreen":26s67h0l said:
Frank_Butcher":26s67h0l said:
up_the_line":26s67h0l said:

The best player we have for this position is Edwards. Lowe keeps looking for someone to play this position (Fornah, MacLeod) when we already have a guy that does the job properly and well. Lowe should be spending his time and money to find someone that can perform the WB role properly. The fact that he obviously can't see that we have the perfect person for the defensive midfielder role is a worrying thing for me.

Doesn't make much sense. We have a perfectly good rwb in Edwards

Sep 2, 2008
Balham_Green":3n0fuk3a said:
Pottypilgrim":3n0fuk3a said:
ealinggreen":3n0fuk3a said:
Frank_Butcher":3n0fuk3a said:
up_the_line":3n0fuk3a said:

To me it does because I see the defensive midfielder position as a more important position than the WB one. I'm one of the old guard that likes a team to have a solid spine. If we have a player that can do that job already, I would rather Lowe played him there and looked for a WB rather than have a player in there that weakens our spine.

Mar 23, 2008
Balham_Green":j5mpo8n6 said:
Pottypilgrim":j5mpo8n6 said:
ealinggreen":j5mpo8n6 said:
Frank_Butcher":j5mpo8n6 said:
up_the_line":j5mpo8n6 said:

It makes perfect sense, CDM is a key role and I agree Edwards is the best man for the job and should play there.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I definitely wouldn't be against moving Edwards to CDM, but only if we signed a proper RWB because unfortunately I don't think Moore is up to League 1 football.

Sep 2, 2008
Playing in that position is a massive responsibility. Its the heartbeat of any team and you need a player that is 'in your face', bold and always on the front foot. He has to drive the team forward, have some bite in his tackle to break up the opposition attack and have the energy to get around the park to provide the necessary cover for our attacking midfielders and WB's. My issue with having Fornah playing in this position is that he doesn't have any of these qualities. McLeod does in part but he looks like he really is playing at 75% which I think is more than likely because he is not wanting to get injured again. Edwards ticks all the boxes. Edwards was Lowes first signing and in the early days he played Edwards in this position. I don't understand why he has chosen to change this.