Macleod out again | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macleod out again

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Pottypilgrim":vp1dxksi said:
Playing in that position is a massive responsibility. Its the heartbeat of any team and you need a player that is 'in your face', bold and always on the front foot. He has to drive the team forward, have some bite in his tackle to break up the opposition attack and have the energy to get around the park to provide the necessary cover for our attacking midfielders and WB's. My issue with having Fornah playing in this position is that he doesn't have any of these qualities. McLeod does in part but he looks like he really is playing at 75% which I think is more than likely because he is not wanting to get injured again. Edwards ticks all the boxes. Edwards was Lowes first signing and in the early days he played Edwards in this position. I don't understand why he has chosen to change this.

Edwards is the only player we have capable of playing RWB, our system depends upon wing backs just as much as it depends upon a CDM, so if we could sign someone capable of playing RWB then I'd agree Edwards could/should be moved central.

Sep 2, 2008
Cobi Budge":1y9e4kkv said:
Pottypilgrim":1y9e4kkv said:
Playing in that position is a massive responsibility. Its the heartbeat of any team and you need a player that is 'in your face', bold and always on the front foot. He has to drive the team forward, have some bite in his tackle to break up the opposition attack and have the energy to get around the park to provide the necessary cover for our attacking midfielders and WB's. My issue with having Fornah playing in this position is that he doesn't have any of these qualities. McLeod does in part but he looks like he really is playing at 75% which I think is more than likely because he is not wanting to get injured again. Edwards ticks all the boxes. Edwards was Lowes first signing and in the early days he played Edwards in this position. I don't understand why he has chosen to change this.

Edwards is the only player we have capable of playing RWB, our system depends upon wing backs just as much as it depends upon a CDM, so if we could sign someone capable of playing RWB then I'd agree Edwards could/should be moved central.

I agree with you and that is why I've said Lowe should be looking to find someone for RWB. I've said in the past that Perry Ng would be the ideal player. I know he is a RB but he has the energy and the delivery to play as a WB in my opinion

Jun 27, 2019
I'm not sure Edwards' passing range is good enough to be our regular DM, and I say that as a big fan of his. He tends to pass backwards and sideways, which there is nothing wrong with of course but it'd be a risky practice given our CBs struggle when pressed. Ideally you need someone in that position who can meander into space and then pick out a wingback or midfielder. I think MacLeod is that man - if only he could stay fit!

And as Cobi said, if we move Edwards out of the RWB position then who slots in there? Moore has been a massive disappointment this season and there are no other candidates - short of taking a punt on someone untried in that role which would be a big gamble.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Compared with Andy Carroll....MacLeod has hardly ever seen a sick-note...... :whistle:

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Pottypilgrim":2lzorv2m said:
Cobi Budge":2lzorv2m said:
Pottypilgrim":2lzorv2m said:

I agree with you and that is why I've said Lowe should be looking to find someone for RWB. I've said in the past that Perry Ng would be the ideal player. I know he is a RB but he has the energy and the delivery to play as a WB in my opinion

It's a good shout, although I cannot imagine Crewe being willing to sell. Also he would bring a bit of nastiness to the side - something we are lacking.

Sep 2, 2008
111 senior appearances in 8 years/seasons (courtesy of Wikipedia). Working on an average of 46 games a season thats an appearance rate of approx 30%. I'm guessing thats one stat that Argyles recruitment team chose to overlook.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I guess we have take a gamble and punt with some players, as if they were not injury prone they would probably not be playing their football with us.

I can think of various players over the years that we have singed who have had a dubious injury record.
A couple of the recent ones - Macleod, Jamie Ness, David McNamee spring to mind,

Sep 2, 2008
Emu":6d4kig55 said:
I guess we have take a gamble and punt with some players, as if they were not injury prone they would probably not be playing their football with us.

I can think of various players over the years that we have singed who have had a dubious injury record.
A couple of the recent ones - Macleod, Jamie Ness, David McNamee spring to mind,

Agree with you entirely but considering that finances are supposedly tight, I think this is a strategy that needs to be changed. Surely we cant afford to take a punt/gamble? Its false economics to pay out for a player that never really plays. I'd much rather pay a player to do what he's meant to do i.e. play football rather than tie up our medical/physio team and pay him to just rehabilitate for him to then probably move on to another team once we've patched him up. I dont know of many players that come back from a serious injury and are still the same player they were before that injury. Not worth a punt/gamble imo.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
There are some very wild comments on this thread given that there has been no pronouncement on whether he is seriously injured or not.