Man of the Match v MK Dons? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Man of the Match v MK Dons?

Man of the Match v MK Dons

• M Cooper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aimson

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Canavan

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Watts

• Macleod

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Edwards

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Camara

Votes: 96 78.0%
  • Mayor

• Grant

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Jephcott

• Hardie

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • Nouble

• Fornah

• Reeves

• Telford

• Total voters
Jun 27, 2019
Devongreenowl":29qskxx3 said:
Then again, loads on here used to rave about George Cooper when it was obvious he wouldn’t be good enough for L1.

Bit soon to write him off, Owl! In his first six starts of the season he scored one goal and got two assists. 'Obviously' not good enough for League One? :eh:

He then lost his place due to having to self-isolate, and by the time he returned he was in and out of the side thanks to Ryan Lowe's panicked, scattergun reaction to the Fleetwood debacle.

At worst you could say the jury is still out, but - like all players - he needs a run in the side to reach his best form.

Oct 5, 2013
davie nine":3ezdnm84 said:
TinTin":3ezdnm84 said:
Camara was excellent all game !!

Aimson was a great leader and I was glad that NOBODY came to watch Jephcott today - cos he was poor !!

All he can do is run around.
Jephcott missed a good chance but the flicked pass to Edwards to create Hardie’s goal was excellent.
He, certainly, wasn’t poor.

Jephers’ workrate and chasing was phenomenal and along with Hardie’s, a major reason for the win.

Aug 5, 2016
gaspargomez":1j0508e9 said:
Camara catches the eye because of his off-ball running around and high energy.

But he doesn't have great quality on the ball- erratic and prone to giving away possession too often. In fact one of his cock ups almost lead to an equaliser yesterday (and not for the first time).

I think the jury is still out on this guy.

Hardly. Considering he has never played League One football, he has certainly proved he can compete at this level with flying colours.

I would imagine Camara will be in the running for Player of the Season if he keeps this form up, so I am not sure how you can say the jury is out on him.

He is probably Lowe's most popular summer signing.

Oct 5, 2013
I don't know how anyone can say that George Cooper is "not good enough for L1"! It may be an opinion, but it's clearly not true.
With his L1 pass success percentage at 72.9%, one MotM award, 1 goal and 2 assists, surely these facts speak for themselves?!

Sep 6, 2006
That's YOUR opinion too. In my opinion not true. 1 goal and 2 assists makes him a League 1 player?! Seriously? You are very easy to sway. I would suggest not getting into a large squad which had lost previous 6 games says a lot. Peterborough were not stupid

Oct 5, 2013
Good point made.
Is it your opinion, then, that a player can be MotM in League 1 and yet not be good enough to play in League 1?

Sep 6, 2006
philevs":3v76ctvv said:
Good point made.
Is it your opinion, then, that a player can be MotM in League 1 and yet not be good enough to play in League 1?

Well do you really think one game confirms anything? Which game was it anyway? Don't remember any scintillating performance

Oct 5, 2013
So even if a player has been MotM, it doesn’t necessarily mean they are good enough for League 1. Wow. Don’t get that one at all.
So what precisely do they have to do to qualify as good enough for League 1? Maybe one of you can illuminate me on the matter.
Does this logically mean that in your eyes Mickey Evans wasn’t good enough for the Premier League, for example?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Football is full of one hit wonders in every league, or at least players who never lived up to their hype. Not sure what it’s got to do with Evans. He was great for Argyle but you’d have to ask Southampton and West Brom fans what they thought of him as a Premier player. I think he was well liked at Southampton wasn’t he?

I personally saw enough of George Cooper last season to feel he would struggle above L2 and so it is proving. Who knows, he might make it he might not. I think Peterborough have got generally good judgement with young players though. At the end of the day, it’s just different opinions isn’t it? Some people rated Rafferty more than Mariner :whistle:

Apr 1, 2009
philevs":1rewm6k2 said:
Good point made.

Certainly it is. You've got to have a bit of consistency at whichever level you are at. If you're good enough to win a MoM in League 1, it says you have the potential to be a decent L1 player, but it doesn't mean you are. I remember Luggy saying that there are hundreds of players of similar standard, but the ones who will make it are those who perform consistently.

The other factor is who is choosing the MoM. I think most people who have been to a lot of games will occasionally be very surprised at the official choice. Sometimes sponsors choose a player because he's their overall favourite / they want to meet him etc. Winning a single MoM shouldn't guarantee anything.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Pogleswoody":qy6978od said:
Devongreenowl":qy6978od said:
The football equivalent to the one hit wonder! Perhaps we should nickname him Chumbawamba
:funny:

What I like is that he gets knocked down but he gets up again. :coat:

You certainly should get your coat for that very obvious and predictable link Pogles :lol:

Sep 6, 2006
philevs":2rmqx6g1 said:
So even if a player has been MotM, it doesn’t necessarily mean they are good enough for League 1. Wow. Don’t get that one at all.
So what precisely do they have to do to qualify as good enough for League 1? Maybe one of you can illuminate me on the matter.
Does this logically mean that in your eyes Mickey Evans wasn’t good enough for the Premier League, for example?

Its very surprising that you are unable to see that ONE mom does not make him a League 1 player. Seriously? Still didn't say which game it was...