Man United Vs Barca | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Man United Vs Barca

Jan 27, 2006
bringonthemilkman":2nbs2yil said:
My dad, & others who saw them, always went on about how the vision, skill and tactics of the Hungarian side in the 50s made it seem they were playing football which was a class above anything anyone had seen before. The truth of what they told me never really hit home until last night when it was obvious that no other team can live with the current Barca side.
I remember Brasil of 1970, as well as the total football of Cuyff's Holland, but other teams could live with them or come up with some strategy to negate their individual skill or target a weakpoint, however Barca play a different game to every other club on the planet and are capable of overcoming any tactics employed against them. They are superb.

"El Nou Camp, es un clam
Som la gent blaugrana

Barsa, Barsa BARSA"

Barca are the continuation of that legacy. Everything about Barcelona these days has come from Cruyff. For me, Cruyff has been the most influential individual in football since Herbert Chapman.

Jun 1, 2004
Perth, WA
The English game isnt that bad, United were just up against one of the best if not the best team of all time. But Ferguson was right, great teams come and go in cycles. Yes Barca have a legacy, but they also have had wonderfully gifted players like Xavi, Iniesta and Messi who have combined natural skill and training from a young age to make the Barca side we have today.

It wont always be like that. Look at the AC Milan side of the 90's or Ajax of the 70's with their Total Football legacy. Both very good teams. I even believe the unbeaten Arsenal team would have given Barca a run for their money....

Most teams (Manchester United included) we rebuild and take on the challenge once again, and there will be a side, like Inter Milan last season, that will overcome Barca and creat their own legacy...