Man United Vs Barca | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Man United Vs Barca

A

Arthur Seaton

'I hope United win and smash Barcelona around the park in a good old British get in to them slog fest.'

Lol

:-D

Jul 24, 2009
Chris Dennis":1715lbsm said:
Cobi Budge":1715lbsm said:
This just expresses further how bad English football actually is

Not what Sky were saying last week - The Premier League is the best in the world because we have a good relegation scrap every year. So many mediocre teams which is born out but our poor record in Europe but as they are of similar standard it's a good league apparently.

Something that stood out tonight watching in the pub were the fans of the teams which all finished at least 9 points below Man Utd this season. Whilst being delighted that Barcelona had won the reality that their own teams are so far behind them tempered their celebrations. Could the likes of Abramovic decide to put their money into something else as they will never buy a side anywhere near that one?

True, although having watched them beat Real 5-0 earlier in the season (which it could have been tonight) I think this Barca side is just absolutely superb and a class above any side in Europe not just those in this country.

I've never seen anything like it, but can't compare it to Brazil 1970 or the great teams of the 60s and earlier as they were before my time.

G

GreenArmy1986

ElDuderino":2ng6omjn said:
GreenArmy1986":2ng6omjn said:
I think man utd fans should be happy there the best team in the world except barcelona I be happy with that.

You do know it's the European Champions League, right?

yeah I do know that but come on is there any team better the utd in south america etc I dont think so

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
20004064":kgf9scjy said:
Lousy_Pint":kgf9scjy said:
United for me... solely to put an end to this 'Barcelona are the best side in the world ever' nonsense.

They are not even the best ever side in Spain ffs!

The only other time I'd want United to win would be whenever they play the arse or Liverpool and, for example, in cup games against non-league teams from Devon.

ssssssshhhhhhhhhh! nurse will be along in a moment. :lol:

:oops: :lol: Fair enough, I picked the wrong team there then!

They are good that Spanish lot, but I couldn't help thinking manure were getting bored to death in the middle of the park!!

I honestly would rather watch Argyle (with all their faults), just for those glimpses of wing wizardry, pinpoint crossing and thunderous headed goals from our centre forward.

I think my bedtime cup of cocoa was spiked!

Barcelona? Mmm, not bad...

Mark Smith

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Great to see an ice-bath reality check for those overpaid players, their awful, arrogant manager and their cocky "fans" the world over.
Would love to hear a few choruses of "what's it like to be outclassed?" come the new season.

C

Cult Of Personality

Mark_Smith":bbc54s3q said:
Great to see an ice-bath reality check for those overpaid players, their awful, arrogant manager and their cocky "fans" the world over.
Would love to hear a few choruses of "what's it like to be outclassed?" come the new season.

So they can sing it to the rest of the english league as they our english champions

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
My dad, & others who saw them, always went on about how the vision, skill and tactics of the Hungarian side in the 50s made it seem they were playing football which was a class above anything anyone had seen before. The truth of what they told me never really hit home until last night when it was obvious that no other team can live with the current Barca side.
I remember Brasil of 1970, as well as the total football of Cuyff's Holland, but other teams could live with them or come up with some strategy to negate their individual skill or target a weakpoint, however Barca play a different game to every other club on the planet and are capable of overcoming any tactics employed against them. They are superb.

"El Nou Camp, es un clam
Som la gent blaugrana

Barsa, Barsa BARSA"

Oct 24, 2010
I think they are the best team of all time, I've not seen better. They do that week in week out in La Liga. Their performance last night was out of this world, particularly the 25 minutes after half time but I did think Man U didn't make it that difficult for them, it's pretty much essential to play 5 in midfield against them. Rooney was, I suppose, meant to drop back into midfield when Barca had the ball (which was pretty much the whole game) and get around Busquets but never seemed to get near him.

B

bugbug93

I think the biggest problem was when United started to drop off Barca's players. The first 10 mins United were right in the faces of Barca's players (Park inparticular) and they were struggling to string their passes together. This is of couse impossible to continue to do for 90 mins so once united droped off, Barca started passing it around like they do. As soon as this happened Barca were all over United and once they scored the first goal united started playing more of a 4-4-2 formation with Rooney and Hernandez upfront as they needed a goal. Rooney wasn't coming as deep as he would probably have been expected to do. Barca then just ran the show and united just couldn't get the ball back.
United didn't play badly. Against any other team they probably would've done alright. It was just Barcalona were playing out of this world. Best team in the world- most definately. What is even scarier is how young the majority of the team is! We could be in for a Barca dominated football world for the unforseeable future!
1 positive for United (and England) is that Rooney has proved that he can deliver on the big stage. What he did he did very well however being a striker against Barcalona you will of course be limited. The goal he scored was brilliant!

A

andyr1963

The best exhibition of football I have seen in a long long time. Messi in the set up to the third goal, simply sublime. :mrgreen: He is good enough to play in green :lol: