Martyn Starnes to leave Argyle (joins Bristol Rovers) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Martyn Starnes to leave Argyle (joins Bristol Rovers)

Dec 21, 2010
I have dealt with Martyn on a regular basis over the last four years. He can be very proud of what he has achieved at our club. We had our disagreements and falling outs, but he was always a scholar and a gentleman and never held grudge. Good luck in your future plans Martyn !

Dec 7, 2011
I have got to know Martyn well in his time as CEO. He is always approachable to any fan with a question and in my opinion has been an excellent Chief Exec. Wherever life takes you to next all the best for the future Martyn.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
FourMarksGreen":296znutg said:
https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2018/march/martyn-starnes/

Not the most effusive statement of thanks I've ever seen. Says the minimum.

I agree--frankly that lack class. He's always lived in the shadow of JB which must have made his life difficult in practical terms. Really hate those sort of press releases--the guy has given nearly 5 years to argyle during a difficult period. He deserves better than a neutral corporate statement.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Old Gunner":2hjktbi9 said:
FourMarksGreen":2hjktbi9 said:

I agree--frankly that lack class. He's always lived in the shadow of JB which must have made his life difficult in practical terms. Really hate those sort of press releases--the guy has given nearly 5 years to argyle during a difficult period. He deserves better than a neutral corporate statement.

We aren't privvy to the inner mechanisms at the club though. It may well be that a neutral corporate statement is indeed appropriate. PAFC obviously think so.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
The Grumpy Loyal":3ih4isde said:
Old Gunner":3ih4isde said:
FourMarksGreen":3ih4isde said:

We aren't privvy to the inner mechanisms at the club though. It may well be that a neutral corporate statement is indeed appropriate. PAFC obviously think so.

Just a personal thing Grumpy. I've given great send offs to colleagues who have been an utter pain---but I could still recognise their contribution.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Old Gunner":afrkvwbv said:
The Grumpy Loyal":afrkvwbv said:
Old Gunner":afrkvwbv said:
FourMarksGreen":afrkvwbv said:

Just a personal thing Grumpy. I've given great send offs to colleagues who have been an utter pain---but I could still recognise their contribution.
Plenty of time for that.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I really hate the term ‘place on record’. Does every single statement from every football club have to ‘place on record’ their thanks?

It smacks of corporate box ticking, and there are a million better and more genuine ways to say it.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Biggs":1kyeaf66 said:
I really hate the term ‘place on record’. Does every single statement from every football club have to ‘place on record’ their thanks?

It smacks of corporate box ticking, and there are a million better and more genuine ways to say it.

I think the 'place on record' relates to a future entry in the minutes of a Board Meeting, where the resignation letter becomes an item of discussion and plans are made for a replacement. I agree it is an old fashioned use of English that is trotted out.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
nick_PASTIE":2bezadd2 said:
Gone to Bristol Rovers.