Michael Dunford returns as CEO | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Michael Dunford returns as CEO

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":1j2r7yug said:
Can’t really remember my opinion on him tbh.

My concern is his “communication skills” with the fan base as he does seem to have encountered people and got on the wrong side of a few. This is shown by the lack of overwhelming support he has got regarding his appointment.

I think it feels like a backwards step. No offence to him, but it just feels like it wasn’t an overwhelming success with him before as CEO and l just would have liked a more dynamic, younger person.

I look at his previous record at other clubs. It’s not exactly success stories. Surely he had quite some influence at them? That concerns me.
To be fair Mickey, it's half a dozen people on a football forum. Time will tell.

Oct 31, 2015
Metal_Green_Mickey":14kjsfs8 said:
Looks like this appointment was all sorted some months ago.

Chesterfield fans seems to be in the know late April/early May...

http://www.thecfss.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=62762

All this now makes more sense.

Adams obviously knew. He then got his new contract and responsibilities. I guess he was told about Dunford and what his role would be. He signed his new deal so must of been more than happy.

Dunford lm guessing had his role outlined and how his role is more to do with bringing more revenue streams to the football club and less on the footballing playing side of decisions.

Looks like it’s just an example of more good planning by the club in terms of how we were going to move forward from last season.

Just reading that thread and they want to be like Wycombe!!!!!!!OMG how they must have fallen

Mar 14, 2009
Keepitgreen":20o48pk3 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":20o48pk3 said:
Can’t really remember my opinion on him tbh.

My concern is his “communication skills” with the fan base as he does seem to have encountered people and got on the wrong side of a few. This is shown by the lack of overwhelming support he has got regarding his appointment.

I think it feels like a backwards step. No offence to him, but it just feels like it wasn’t an overwhelming success with him before as CEO and l just would have liked a more dynamic, younger person.

I look at his previous record at other clubs. It’s not exactly success stories. Surely he had quite some influence at them? That concerns me.
To be fair Mickey, it's half a dozen people on a football forum. Time will tell.

I’ve seen it on other social media platforms too. However, l’ve also seen people who are positive about his appointment on those same platforms.

Aug 5, 2016
Dunford's last big idea was charging £10 for half-time birthday announcements.

Will part of his role be to oversee the Mayflower redevelopment?

Aug 5, 2016
Green_Matt":2aljwqcb said:
Army green":2aljwqcb said:
I’m not sure about this, I was hoping for a more younger CE, the blokes a dinosaur, football has moved on, has he? I have my doubts. We will see.
What would youth offer over vast experience in a role such as CEO? The modern obsession with youth is worrying. I would say that we have (or had) a deficit of football experience so this is a step in the right direction.

No fresh ideas, tried and tested methods, stubborn approach?

Do we want to be at the forefront of safe standing and developing intuitive new revenue streams, or charging more for programmes and pasties and half time announcements?

I'm sure Brent will have discussed a list of objectives and in 12/24 months Michael Dunford will be judged on how well he's performing.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I don’t think age defines how innovative a person is, though. Character and flexibility is more important than age, in that respect.

Some of the most jobsworth, stubborn bosses I’ve ever had have been young.

Sep 3, 2011
Excellent to see him back at Argyle. Pleasure to work with, true gentleman and he obviously doesn't hold a grudge

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I have never spoken personally to MD but during his previous occupation of the role at Argyle he was a very capable pair of hands with bags of experience at much bigger clubs than us. I do recall him him coming to Newquay with Luggy on a meet the fans Argyle bandwagon at The Great western Hotel. He impressed then. In the circumstances of JB being relatively new to ownership of a FL Club, I think it is sound that a man in the CEO position should be experienced, tried and tested. MD meets these needs. I wish him well.

I always found Michael Dunford to be a true gentleman whenever we used to speak in The Tribute Lounge on match days.

How good as a CEO ?

I have no idea but never heard any criticism of him in that role.

I am sure he brings vast experience to the Club.

Keep the Faith :scarf:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Michael Dunford has also been named as a director, replacing Martyn Starnes as CEO and now director.

Jan 27, 2012
An 'executive director' presumably ? Which is an advisory role.

Are the only shareholding directors Brent and Hallett, with Wrathall also owning a small proportion ?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Arrange a meeting with Micheal Dunford and ask him.

It’s been explained on here many times before.

Try reading some posts as well as submitting your own.

Jan 27, 2012
You should get a job as a wind-up merchant on Talksport radio ! We may disagree on things, but I'm always polite to you IJN.

On this ocassion, I'm not asking for any particular reason other than improving my understanding.

Perahps someone else can enlighten me then ?

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
gaspargomez":2x3mq7n0 said:
An 'executive director' presumably ? Which is an advisory role.

Are the only shareholding directors Brent and Hallett, with Wrathall also owning a small proportion ?

Executive directors are those who have the most power, the advisory role you're thinking of is a Non-Executive director.

By the looks of Companies House there has been no filing amending the shareholding so as far as I can tell Dunford isn't receiving any shares

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
gaspargomez":1uqislxt said:
You should get a job as a wind-up merchant on Talksport radio ! We may disagree on things, but I'm always polite to you IJN.

You're quite right Mr Gomez, I'll try not to be rude to you again.

Please accept my apology.