Millwall release Gregg into the Wylde | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Millwall release Gregg into the Wylde

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
I think he would be a useful addition. We don't have a lot of pace in the team at the moment and he would be a good outlet to get up the pitch when we're in a backs to the wall situation. If we do sign him, we need to put him on an intensive course in crossing.

Apr 4, 2004
I'll go for yes. while end product was lacking, I thought the team at times was very slow at getting forward to support some of his pacy breaks, giving him very little to aim at. If Adams can address that and I think he has already to some extent, I reckon he could be a very useful addition. As for crosses, very few players can consistently pick out a target in the lower leagues. if he had that sort of accuracy along with his pace he'd be playing a lot higher than our level.

Jul 29, 2010
Quintrell_Green":28lwoy7b said:
How much was Kennedy actually better than Wylde, let's face it? Kennedy was the same type of player as Wylde and scored 2 good goals from cutting in off his wing and shooting with his other foot. Wylde has done the
same and also scored a headed goal whilst at Home Park, the same as Kennedy. Neither player stood out for placing a cross accurately and regularly on the head of a striker. Given this parity, I would be happy to see Wylde return to the Club. With strikers like Ryan Taylor and Blissett he might be more confident is supplying crosses.
Trouble is that Taylor and Blissett are not seventeen foot tall, and that's where the majority of his crosses ended up.

Great pace, a great turn and a great trick or two. Wingers though, live and die on their ability to find one of their own players with a cross, and wee Gregg has about a one in fifteen completion rate.

That's why Millwall found out he wasn't worth having in league 1, and that's why we shouldn't go back either.

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
No from me - wasn't upset when he went last season and Millwall obviously didn't want to keep him in league 1.

A very frustrating player - if he could cross he could be championship standard or better. But he can't

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
If we were still in League 2 I wouldn't mind seeing him back, he's not a bad option to have at that level.

In L1 after two failed spells at this level with Millwall and Northampton we'd do well to steer well clear. He's clearly not up to making the step up, his pace is an asset but his end product really limits his ability to influence a game and it seems L1 is just enough of a step up to have found him out.

No from me.

Jul 3, 2013
If it was a choice of releasing Slew and resigning Wylde then it's a no brainer, hopefully the Gaffer has other options but either way if Wylde was to come back then he would play a decent part.

Sep 28, 2003
London
warney":35evg9ir said:
Why would we want another (two) league 1 teams' cast offs? We need to be looking forwards, not back ...

Exactly this.

It's been proven he isn't good enough for League 1 - why on earth would we want to bring him back?

Hopefully we're pitching for players a lot better than Gregg friggin' Wylde.

Feb 23, 2008
Andy Holland":3a7273gi said:
warney":3a7273gi said:
Why would we want another (two) league 1 teams' cast offs? We need to be looking forwards, not back ...

Exactly this.

It's been proven he isn't good enough for League 1 - why on earth would we want to bring him back?

Hopefully we're pitching for players a lot better than Gregg friggin' Wylde.

Adams hasn't done a bad job do far with 'cast-offs' though has he.

Fair play to Wylde for wanting to leave to get more playing time, he still had a year left to run on his contract.

He'd be a good option to have purely for his pace, ok his crossing is poor most of the time, but then the only player I've seen at Home Park constantly find someone with a cross is Carey.

Plus the one up front doesn't help him either.

Always was interested to see what he would have been like either as a no 10 or up front with a Blissett type.

Not sure he'll end up back here though, DA doesn't seem one for too much sentiment does he......

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Yet another "we'll have him back". We need to move forwards. He was decent in league 2, but his end product was found out and Millwall and Northampton. We can get better quality than him

Oct 31, 2015
Its a no thanks from me. He failed at 2 x lg1 clubs last season for what ever reasons. He was exciting when on song and scored a couple of crackers but that was lg 2. We need to move on now. Wish him well though

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
LeonTheGreen":3gmn753z said:
Yet another "we'll have him back". We need to move forwards. He was decent in league 2, but his end product was found out and Millwall and Northampton. We can get better quality than him

Well said Sir. Why is it Argyle fans have this thing about former players returning. Not many make the grade 2nd time, Tynan sorting to mind as a success. Jury is out for me on McCormick, he doesn't command his area and will get found out in div 1