Millwall release Gregg into the Wylde | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Millwall release Gregg into the Wylde

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
John Cooper":8bznlxku said:
LeonTheGreen":8bznlxku said:
Yet another "we'll have him back". We need to move forwards. He was decent in league 2, but his end product was found out and Millwall and Northampton. We can get better quality than him

Well said Sir. Why is it Argyle fans have this thing about former players returning. Not many make the grade 2nd time, Tynan springs to mind as a success. Jury is out for me on McCormick, he doesn't command his area and will get found out in div 1

Oct 31, 2015
John Cooper":3ua1948p said:
LeonTheGreen":3ua1948p said:
Yet another "we'll have him back". We need to move forwards. He was decent in league 2, but his end product was found out and Millwall and Northampton. We can get better quality than him

Well said Sir. Why is it Argyle fans have this thing about former players returning. Not many make the grade 2nd time, Tynan sorting to mind as a success. Jury is out for me on McCormick, he doesn't command his area and will get found out in div 1

There are some that return and do well. Lately Sawyer going nack a bit Trigger mark 2 and going back further sir T.

Not a lot of success from returning players

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
If our forwards were somewhere near row K behind the goal when Wyle crossed the ball, it would be a yes from me.

Unfortunately, our forwards tended to be in the penalty area and so were often around thirty or forty metres from the ball when he crossed it. So it is a no from me.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
John Cooper":1o8ec3ep said:
LeonTheGreen":1o8ec3ep said:

Well said Sir. Why is it Argyle fans have this thing about former players returning. Not many make the grade 2nd time, Tynan sorting to mind as a success. Jury is out for me on McCormick, he doesn't command his area and will get found out in div 1

McCormick was voted as being the best keeper in League 2, not by fans, but more reliably by other professional players and managers. :crazy:

The problem is that some people still hold Luke to the standards he set at the top of the championship. Been excellent for us over the last 4 seasons.

Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":1ozgi53i said:
John Cooper":1ozgi53i said:
LeonTheGreen":1ozgi53i said:

McCormick was voted as being the best keeper in League 2, not by fans, but more reliably by other professional players and managers. :crazy:

The problem is that some people still hold Luke to the standards he set at the top of the championship. Been excellent for us over the last 4 seasons.

I do often struggle to understand the criticism of Luke. Sure, makes the odd mistake, but show me a keeper in L1 or L2 that doesn't. For the standard he us currently playing at, his shot stopping, positioning, handling and kicking is head and shoulders above most other keepers at that level... as proven by the vote by his piers. He needs some serious competition this season, but I fully expect Luke to be our No 1 (or No 23) for a good couple of years yet!

As for Gregg Wylde... Jesus, no thanks!! 1 good game in 10, poor attitude, unacceptable work rate, no end product and ran in straight lines, normally into trouble... or out of bounds. NO!

May 21, 2015
Whether its down to the Herald writers or Wylde himself, there are now a handful of articles about him saying glowing things about the club. Certainly sounds like a man who wishes he hadn't moved on to Millwall.
He'll do a job for a L2 team, but we've moved on now.

Jan 11, 2017
19141598_498945120452355_1143981813_n.png

Is Gregg dropping a subtle hint on his instagram?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Do you think he might want to rejoin Argyle....? :lol:

Nov 22, 2006
Well it does seem a strong hint he's coming back Adams wanted to keep him and then wanted to bring him back in january, the way he's spoken since his release seems he now wants to come back I would be more surprised if it didn't happen

Jul 29, 2010
LeonTheGreen":8x57j5x5 said:
Probably gonna be announced tomorrow. Meh. Left for league 1 and most likely more money, now were in league one he wants to come back.
...If he'd wanted to come back so badly he'd have done so in January.

...but went elsewhere

...and failed to impress there too.