Minutes Applause (on 25 minutes at the replay. RIP) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Minutes Applause (on 25 minutes at the replay. RIP)

Dec 29, 2011
This really struck a chord with me as I have a disabled son of exactly the same age .So sorry to hear of your loss and hope Argyle and the Green army do him proud next Wednesday and for the rest of this system and beyond

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
May 22, 2006
pafc1985":1w9mz7sm said:
The club have been contacted.

Would be a nice gesture if the club could invite the two gentlemen to the replay as recognition to their services. They are probably Liverpool supporters, although of course the policeman may already be on duty on the night.

Thoughts and condolences to Kevin and family.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Kevin, I can't begin to imagine the emotions you must have felt on Sunday and since. My deepest condolences to you and your family.
You were still thinking of your friends who you had to drive home, which says a lot about the person you are.
I hope the applause goes ahead on 25 minutes.

RIP Daniel, you don't have to suffer any more.

Nov 12, 2008
Weston
As the saying goes there for the grace of God , my daughter was born with the same but survived the op but health not great now 29 years old Argyle have looked after her very well in the past

I will be at home on WEDS BUT I WILL DEFINETLY will be watching and applauding in the 25th minute no matter what the neighbours think

Take care

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
RIP Daniel. Sorry to hear your loss, the applause will go ahead. Its the least your family deserve.

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
I was heart broken to read this story as a father myself i cannot imagine how that must of felt, rip daniel he will always be with you and the family kev

god bless.

R

Rich158

This is the most read story on the Beeb at the moment, humanity at it's best, supporting others when they are at their most vulnerable.
The minutes applause would be a fitting tribute to both Daniel and the actions of the officers.

Apr 4, 2015
My son and i will be clapping away on 25 mins for Daniel and im sure everyone else will do the same. The strength and courage shown by both you and your son is humbling in the extreme and i wish you and your family all the best at this difficult time.

Shm

Jan 4, 2017
northdowner":qvxpfxpx said:
Hello guys.
I'm Daniels Dad and I wrote the post on Liverpool FC Facebook page at about half one this morning. Obviously I'm struggling to sleep at the moment. I just wanted to pay respect to the way I was treated by both the staff and police at what was the worst moment of my life. Daniel was a severely disabled young man, he was 25yrs old. He was born with two holes in his heart but was able bodied at this point but had a corrective surgery operation at the age of six months old. Unfortunately he was a victim of medical negligence and the operation was a disaster. He suffered massive brain injury during the operation which left him as a quadriplegic cerebral palsy sufferer. He was left blind and epileptic so his life became a real struggle for him. He was a real fighter tho and outlived all life expectancy predictions.
On Sunday he died from a cardiac arrest. I'm happy in the knowledge that he didn't suffer s he never regained consciousness and fell asleep peacefully. I described in my post the brilliant way I was looked after whilst at Anfield as I got a phone call from my older son as I was entering Anfield. The post I wrote has gone viral with thousands of comments of support, not only from Liverpool fans but from all over the country. I've had over 120 pm's alone. Liverpool fans first suggested clapping for a minute at the 25 min mark in the replay. If that was to happen I for one would be very proud as would his family.
I hope to be there for the game dependant on Daniels funeral which hasn't been arranged yet. Thank you to all those football fans that have messaged or commented on various sites. I have been completely humbled. Thank you Kevin May

Sorry to hear of your loss, I can't image the feeling of losing a child and what you and your family are going through. I will be at argyle for the re-play and I am sure on the 25 minute mark your Argyle family will pay their respects. God Bless.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
As a dad, I have found this very moving indeed. You see your own kids in the eyes of other kids. Thoughts are with you. Well done for expressing your gratitude to people at a time when you must be feeling numb. The Argyle family puts its arms around you.

Oct 30, 2006
Plymouth
Just a quick update.
I was phoned by Graham the Liverpudlian police officer tonight at home. We spoke on the phone for 40 mins. We felt like we've known each other for years. I was able to thank him properly for his support and he shared with me his personal thoughts about the day. He says he will remember Daniel for the rest of his life and we have agreed should we visit eachothers fine cities in the future we will make contact and meet eachothers families. So out of a chance meeting on the worst day of my life something good has come from it.
He said he would like to travel down for the game but he is on duty that night but may manage to assist the Liverpool police with travelling fans and we'd be able to meet up but a lot of things would have to be in alignment first for that to happen.
Amazing man