Minutes Applause (on 25 minutes at the replay. RIP) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Minutes Applause (on 25 minutes at the replay. RIP)

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Very pleased to see everyone applauding in the 25th minute.
Made me feel proud to be a Pilgrim and I hope the family felt our support at this sad time.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Super effort from all the fans tonight, both green and red.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Superb. One or 2 boos from greens when they broke out onto YNWA, probably without realising that was part of the tribute

P

Paul

I'm afraid it was more than 1 or 2 boos. It came over very clearly on TV.

I was following general football forums during the match. There was a general opinion that booing the Liverpool fan's attempted tribute to the young man was very poor. There was praise for the volume of support but unfortunately those boos have painted argyle fans in a bad light for some.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Yeah don't think the fans that booed realised it was part of the tribute. Not everyone follows social media.

Oct 16, 2016
YNWA was part of the tribute to the family on 25 mins, as someone sat in between the fans (I couldn't cheer nor boo) I was embarrassed for PAFC, I'm sure I'll be shot down in poo and called a 'troll'.

Sometimes the understanding of class takes time to appreciate

The militidude of kids who ran out of the embasssy to confront 'normal' fans is a brief on where PAFC currently is

C

Cult Of Personality

The problem with that song is there our many argyle fans who follow other clubs . I for one also for Man Utd ( fathers team and was ingrained as a child ) i cant stand hearing that song chanted but i did not boo this time. I understood the meaning of the song this time around ,

I did however chant Argyle at them to drown them out and the booing

Oct 8, 2008
Not a troll but it was the same at Anfield.

We are PAFC..... no disrespect but after applause its our gig...

B

Barbican

Unfortunately the booing of YNWA by Argyle fans has left a really bad taste in the mouth. Argyle fans were welcomed with open arms at Anfield, many made a weekend of it, a fair number were amongst the home support on the Kop in green with no questions asked. Tonight the visitors showed compassion for the sad death of Daniel, a banner is paraded in commemoration and the Liverpool anthem is sung in his memory.........and Argyle fans ridicule the support. Diabolical reaction from the home support that really taints an outstanding performance from the team over two legs and sullies friendships fostered 10 days ago.

Jul 29, 2010
Is a slight over reaction.

I know many were there to worship at the altar of Liverpool but it's our ground and we sung our songs, reacting to theirs is an intrinsic part of football culture, and long may it continue.

Great gesture by both sets of fans but the minutes applause was up, normal service then resumes. It was fair game to drown out YNWA at that point.

For those not now turning in after working a shift Five Live are doing an interview with Daniel's Dad just after 8am.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Guys, I really don't think it was a dig at the tribute! Some fans would have heard YNWA and thought 'Bloody scousers, singing their song, this is supposed to be a tribute to that lad and his family'

Social media, local news, even Word of mouth etc prompted this, they clearly didn't realise. Even the Plymouth knuckle draggers wouldn't stoop that low I don't think

May 17, 2012
X Isle":1kr8dgnz said:
Is a slight over reaction.

I know many were there to worship at the altar of Liverpool but it's our ground and we sung our songs, reacting to theirs is an intrinsic part of football culture, and long may it continue.

Great gesture by both sets of fans but the minutes applause was up, normal service then resumes. It was fair game to drown out YNWA at that point.

For those not now turning in after working a shift Five Live are doing an interview with Daniel's Dad just after 8am.

Spot on, calm down :scarf:

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
I don't think it was an overreaction at all! I said before the Anfield game that Liverpool fans were some of the best. They clapped Luke both times as he moved to take up his position in front of his goal. They were very friendly too.

Our own fans don't have the brains or common sense to realise that the YNWA chant was for the poor lad and nothing else! It was a nice and touching gesture but booed by so many fans. We had won so much respect from Liverpool but I now think it has evaporated in that one moment!

I have supported Argyle for 45 years and that's one of the most embarrassing moments I can remember.

Apart from this it was a great night and I was so proud of the team and effort. I hope Klopp liked us and will lend us a kid or two

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Barbican":1cnpkfej said:
Unfortunately the booing of YNWA by Argyle fans has left a really bad taste in the mouth. Argyle fans were welcomed with open arms at Anfield, many made a weekend of it, a fair number were amongst the home support on the Kop in green with no questions asked. Tonight the visitors showed compassion for the sad death of Daniel, a banner is paraded in commemoration and the Liverpool anthem is sung in his memory.........and Argyle fans ridicule the support. Diabolical reaction from the home support that really taints an outstanding performance from the team over two legs and sullies friendships fostered 10 days ago.

I agree and well said

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
If those booing realised it was part of the tribute then fair criticism. I would guess the vast majority either knew little about it or thought the minute tribute was over when YNWA began.