Minutes Applause (on 25 minutes at the replay. RIP) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Minutes Applause (on 25 minutes at the replay. RIP)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I must admit I've always has a thing about Scousers. After the weekend I have completely changed my mind. The accent still grates but everyone I met was an ambassador to their City and club.

Those Games Maker ticket type stewards really, really impressed me, and drive me to help out this week with the the ticket queues.

Using humour, common sense and communication on a fan to fan basis is the way to go. I have no doubt about that.

Aug 4, 2011
Pogleswoody":1eug4gse said:
If the ref has got any nous and the ball goes out of play at 25 minutes could we not have a little (drinks) break to make the tribute together, players included?
As good as it sounds it wouldn't be possible. From a betting perspective it'd be a huge scandal. If someone had the goal line 21-30 mins and play deliberately stopped for one minute (10% of the spread) there would be outrage

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
djg145":1vh7rgrc said:
monkeywrench":1vh7rgrc said:
I would like to think that Argyle will stick something in the program.

Reading the Liverpool Echo report, it says it will be flown/shown during YNWA and at the 25 min applause, if we do play YNWA, I hope the Argyle fans will show more respect this time then they did at Anfield, while it is being played/sung.
Away grounds don't play YNWA do they? They shouldn't anyway. It'd be Newcastle all over again.

B

Barbican

Don't expect YNWA to be played, it would be cringeworthy. Expect a thunderous minutes applause on 25 minutes.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
IJN":2rkx0nou said:
I must admit I've always has a thing about Scousers. After the weekend I have completely changed my mind. The accent still grates but everyone I met was an ambassador to their City and club.

Those Games Maker ticket type stewards really, really impressed me, and drive me to help out this week with the the ticket queues.

Using humour, common sense and communication on a fan to fan basis is the way to go. I have no doubt about that.

Couldn't agree with you more Ian.
The professionalism of all concerned at the match was top notch and done in a compassionate and friendly way.

In fact, everyone I met in Liverpool last weekend were the same. Very friendly bunch of people.

Keepitgreen":3i7a8dy5 said:
djg145":3i7a8dy5 said:
monkeywrench":3i7a8dy5 said:
I would like to think that Argyle will stick something in the program.

Reading the Liverpool Echo report, it says it will be flown/shown during YNWA and at the 25 min applause, if we do play YNWA, I hope the Argyle fans will show more respect this time then they did at Anfield, while it is being played/sung.
Away grounds don't play YNWA do they? They shouldn't anyway. It'd be Newcastle all over again.

100% agree. I was fuming that night, absolutely fuming that my football club could even consider doing such a thing. Did anyone hear Semper being played at Anfield?

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
I think what they mean is that the banner will be unfurled when the Liverpool fans sing YNWA before the match.. Argyle 's prematch playlist has a lot of room for improvement but I don't believe even we would sink to that level of fawning.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
bringonthemilkman":1mf82qze said:
I think what they mean is that the banner will be unfurled when the Liverpool fans sing YNWA before the match.. Argyle 's prematch playlist has a lot of room for improvement but I don't believe even we would sink to that level of fawning.

Why not for once?

Feb 8, 2005
Mike Greening":1f3nj5oz said:
bringonthemilkman":1f3nj5oz said:

Why not for once?

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

sadly strayed from the sentiment of original post ... tragic situation last weekend and will be a lovely moment for fans to mark their respect and share in a poignent celebration of a life lost so young. without a clock or screen, fans momentum will resolve. RIP

A

Anonymous

The suggestion of playing their song is ridiculous. Surely the club wouldn't do it, we'd be a laughing stock.

I've seen tweets saying if we beat Liverpool it would mean more than getting promoted, the song suggestion is on par! Really can't wait for this game to be over.

An applause on 25 minutes is a must as the original intention of this thread.

Dec 21, 2010
Along with all other football fans, members of the AFT were shocked at the death of Argyle fan Kevin May’s 25 year old son Daniel last Sunday. We applaud both the idea of a celebration of Daniel’s life in the 25th minute of our replay this Wednesday and the gesture from Liverpool fans in sponsoring a banner in his memory. The AFT will be making a donation to the fund set up in Daniel’s name.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
It is very important that this gesture of sympathy and support for Daniel's family is carried out in a dignified and harmonious way by supporters of both teams together at Wednesday's match.

In the same way that Liverpool dealt with the tragic situation at Anfield, Plymouth should show their respect at Home Park.

Any other gestures by supporters, prior to the match, should not interfere with the '25th minute applause'.