Moses Makasi Injured | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Moses Makasi Injured

Feb 3, 2009
I would not move Fox from his present position in front of the back four. He is able to find space in this position and dictate our attacking options. To fill the hole on the right side of midfield I would play Oscar there with Gary moving across to right back and ATS coming in at left back.

Balham_Green":2q99nfsa said:
Squad looking very thin to play 5 games in 2 weeks. God help us if we have to rely on Paton.

I cannot understand the stupidity of posts like this based upon one or two late substitutions when players are first introduced.
We've now read the same early comments about Fox, Sarcevic, Lameiras and Songo, yet look what great signings they've been.

Larry David

āœ… Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Paton for Makasi will do just fine. I would start with Sarcevic on the bench and give him 20 minutes to get some game time maybe a bit more if we need to get on the front foot. But as ever Derek will do what he deems best.

Jul 17, 2011
It'll definitely be Paton in for Makasi. although with last few games Makasi has been a bit of a passenger so i dont think he's that hard to replace.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
driscollberg":eom43l1z said:
It'll definitely be Paton in for Makasi. although with last few games Makasi has been a bit of a passenger so i dont think he's that hard to replace.

He has shown good energy early on in games but tended to fade in the later part of games. Paton should have got 'up to speed' by now and his presence does not worry me, especially if Sarcevic can be used as a sub later in the game, bringing further momentum.

Mar 14, 2009
I've seen Paton play when he came on against Charlton.

All I will say is dont expect too much. He himself describes himself as a player who wins the ball and gives it to the better players. So for me that is exactly what Songo would do.

Carey perhaps to go back in centre midfield. Gonna need to play a tight game tomorrow and sneak a narrow win I feel.

Oct 31, 2015
How about giving Sangster a go if Sarcs is not fit enough to start? ATS also did a half decent job in there against Southend. I think we have options but it does show how thin our squad is. First 11 would have walked into the play offs since January but squad wise not so sure.

Anyway I have been over the moon with this season if injuries are our downfall and I wish Moses a speedy recovery.

Sep 6, 2006
mervyn":3azvsqkc said:
Balham_Green":3azvsqkc said:
Squad looking very thin to play 5 games in 2 weeks. God help us if we have to rely on Paton.

I cannot understand the stupidity of posts like this based upon one or two late substitutions when players are first introduced.
We've now read the same early comments about Fox, Sarcevic, Lameiras and Songo, yet look what great signings they've been.

Well let's hope I am stupid and proved wrong. ADAMS certainly hasn't been keen to get him on the pitch AT ALL since then even with Sarcevic injured. So perhaps Adams is stupid too.

TJH

Feb 1, 2018
Sangster may be a good option here. Have a feeling he may compliment Ness and Fox well. Paton and Yann good bench options if we have a lead to protect.

Iā€™m not expecting many minutes from Sarcevic for another week or so

Jan 30, 2017
arrythewurzel":1v9thz6n said:
Canā€™t get my head around the lack of any Official comment? Very odd indeed?

Completely ties in with DA's approach to keeping selection and injury news quiet. Bradley had been in hospital all week before he missed the Rovers game and very few knew about it, likewise his return. Same when Sarcevic was out of the team having *already* had surgery. Adams likes to retain the element of surprise for his selections when changes have been made necessary.

We would not have known, neither would our opposition, about Makasi's injury if it were not for his decision to wave it around on Instagram and Twitter.

He is not Adams' player, he's West Ham's, but no PAFC contracted player has made that mistake this season, which leads me to believe it's by design.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Balham_Green":2xv895we said:
mervyn":2xv895we said:
Balham_Green":2xv895we said:

Well let's hope I am stupid and proved wrong. ADAMS certainly hasn't been keen to get him on the pitch AT ALL since then even with Sarcevic injured. So perhaps Adams is stupid too.

One man's stupidity, can be another man's sound judgement, of course!