Musical Reminders | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Musical Reminders

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Always remember going to Argyle home matches around early 1989 and they always used to play Roy Orbison 'You Got It' at half time.
This was released after the Big O's untimely death.

Remember one of the matches was a very cold winters day!

Edited to add: Out of curiosity, I went on GoS to check who we played early 1989 - Everton in the FA Cup, and Chelsea and Manchester City in the league - all in the space of 28 days!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Mike E":3i8of60z said:
Bee Bumble and the Stingers - Nut Rocker

1974 (can't remember the game) Demport End converted it to "We are the mighty! The mighty Argyle ! "

Think it was going long before that. Heard it at Anfield - we are the famous, the famous Kopites and also West Ham

Graham Green

✨Pasoti Donor✨
May 26, 2010
Swindon
Would't it be good? by Nick Kershaw.
It was re worded by a few of us on the 1984 cup run to:
Wouldn't it be good to get to Wembley?
Even if it was for just one day. Etc

Always reminds me of the trip to Villa Park and the gut wrenching feeling of missing out so narrowly.

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
Can't hear either Murder on the Dancefloor or DJ Otzi's version of 'Hey Baby' without thinking of Argyle 2001-02. Every half time seemed to have the two tunes on loop.

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
Manchesterlalala":zo1o9mcr said:
Can't hear either Murder on the Dancefloor or DJ Otzi's version of 'Hey Baby' without thinking of Argyle 2001-02. Every half time seemed to have the two tunes on loop.

Smooth by Santana is another one or Hey Ya by Outkast.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
How about this one, vis-á-vis Argyle and Ryan Lowe?:

Give me just a little more time, And our love will surely grow, Give me just a little more time, And our love will surely grow
Life's too short to make a mistake, Let's think of each other and hesitate, Young and impatient we may be
There's no need to act foolishly, If we part our hearts won't forget it, Years from now we'll surely regret it
Love is that mountain we must climb, Let's climb it together your hand in mine, We haven't known each other too long
But the feeling I have is oh so strong, I know we can make it, there's no doubt, We owe it to ourselves to find it out, just
Give me just a little more time
And our love will surely grow
Give me just a little more time
And our love will surely grow :scarf:

Tewkesbury Green

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 21, 2006
I like Chinese, a Monty Python song is one of my earliest Argyle memories, around 1980 i think.

Sep 6, 2006
Manchesterlalala":3flxgyg2 said:

Great memories of the Lyndhurst boys bouncing up and down to Hey Baby in 2001-2. With that joyous feeling that we knew we were going to win.