my take on some fans | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

my take on some fans

May 1, 2011
greybeard-kernow":i8b9mhdv said:
Ham Green":i8b9mhdv said:
greybeard-kernow":i8b9mhdv said:
ok yesterday , im not going to go into the actual match , result, we all know what happened and how some of us feel.i am going to tell you about argyle fans of a certain age group , Millennials, yes young men aged 20 to 30 ish, who think the world owes them something,yesterday travelling to exeter and around the town they were there in their numbers having the odd drink, and can only sing one song "ryan loweeee ryan loweee ryan loweeee ryan loweee", taking pictures making sure it was on facebook and twitter letting everyone know in their online world, what a good time they were having,come 3-0 down the attitude changed to ryan lowe out , you bunch of c***s , what is this sh*t , amongst other rubbish we have all heard before, and onto their beloved facebook and twitter to let they digital friends know who aggrieved they are, and how bad they feel , because they do not deserve that, fickle?maybe, me being a old git ,maybe, but i do not like this form of the argyle fan,

Yeah because fans getting angry and shouting at their own players is totally a new thing.

Didn't happen in the eighties at all. All those pitch invasions were just make-believe.

Sorry granddad, behaviours are learned, and your generation set an awful example. You reap what you sew.
had some great times as a younger argyle fan,visiting shity old grounds like springfield park wigan, standing on a grass bank, darlington,to name a few ,plenty to drink before hand,but i did not support my team and manager before a game then turn utterly and ugly against them 90 minutes later, following argyle for 40 years ,seen some real poo performances, days like this happen get over it, and grow up

Grown ups tend to use correct grammar when lecturing children.
You're just rambling incoherent nonsense.

Mar 23, 2019
What a weird post. Having a pop at the fans after that shi*t show yesterday?!

We should be happy anyone under the age of 30 wants to support us... They could easily chose to support United, Liverpool, Chelsea etc. Dont take the next gen for granted.

May 28, 2019
Bristol Rich":16ity3y9 said:
greybeard-kernow":16ity3y9 said:
Ham Green":16ity3y9 said:
greybeard-kernow":16ity3y9 said:
ok yesterday , im not going to go into the actual match , result, we all know what happened and how some of us feel.i am going to tell you about argyle fans of a certain age group , Millennials, yes young men aged 20 to 30 ish, who think the world owes them something,yesterday travelling to exeter and around the town they were there in their numbers having the odd drink, and can only sing one song "ryan loweeee ryan loweee ryan loweeee ryan loweee", taking pictures making sure it was on facebook and twitter letting everyone know in their online world, what a good time they were having,come 3-0 down the attitude changed to ryan lowe out , you bunch of c***s , what is this sh*t , amongst other rubbish we have all heard before, and onto their beloved facebook and twitter to let they digital friends know who aggrieved they are, and how bad they feel , because they do not deserve that, fickle?maybe, me being a old git ,maybe, but i do not like this form of the argyle fan,

Yeah because fans getting angry and shouting at their own players is totally a new thing.

Didn't happen in the eighties at all. All those pitch invasions were just make-believe.

Sorry granddad, behaviours are learned, and your generation set an awful example. You reap what you sew.
had some great times as a younger argyle fan,visiting shity old grounds like springfield park wigan, standing on a grass bank, darlington,to name a few ,plenty to drink before hand,but i did not support my team and manager before a game then turn utterly and ugly against them 90 minutes later, following argyle for 40 years ,seen some real poo performances, days like this happen get over it, and grow up

great fun reading the replies though :wave:

May 1, 2011
greybeard-kernow":145etqf0 said:
Bristol Rich":145etqf0 said:
Ham Green":145etqf0 said:

Bring back national service, kids today, wouldn't have happened in the war etc....

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Iā€™m 65, I attended yesterday and I voiced my opinion on both Twitter and FB.

Iā€™m still furious today!

What does make me? A lesser fan for being peed off at the capitulation to that lot?

No knee jerking just very upset at what I witnessed yesterday.

Bleddy rubbish Argyle (just for you Peter).

C

Cult Of Personality

greybeard-kernow":2w5nv8zm said:

Get overyourself Grandad. Fans can take pics and upload them to social media. Its the way the world is going.

C

Cult Of Personality

Bristol Rich":2ar0ha8l said:
greybeard-kernow":2ar0ha8l said:
Bristol Rich":2ar0ha8l said:
Ham Green":2ar0ha8l said:

Bring back national service, kids today, wouldn't have happened in the war etc....

Most old people who say bring back national service never actually did it themselves. Also you happy to raise taxes to fund national service and what we going to do with all these youngsters.. we dont have the british empire anymore and we not rebuilding the country after a war.

Apr 5, 2008
greybeard-kernow":3hrpbmpx said:

No itā€™s you being an old git :funny:

Iā€™m sure if social media had been around when you had been in your 20s you would have been doing exactly the same thing.

But whatā€™s stopping you now,whatever your age :funny:

Just another point,most fans when they go away,whatever their AGE, walk around the town and have a few beers with their mates.

Come on ,old man get with the times :funny:

Aug 10, 2006
greybeard-kernow":1i8sk5gc said:
and I don't like the new happy clapping fans who would not know a football if it smacked them in the mouth but there you are it takes all sorts.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
IJN":3en27gn2 said:

What does make me? A lesser fan for being peed off at the capitulation to that lot?

Weā€™re you strutting through town blowing sunshine up Loweā€™s arse before the match and calling him a ct afterwards? I think not. Everyone has the right to be peeā€™d off, but I can see the point the op was making.

May 1, 2011
GreenThing":2gkos6a4 said:
IJN":2gkos6a4 said:

Weā€™re you strutting through town blowing sunshine up Loweā€™s arse before the match and calling him a ct afterwards? I think not. Everyone has the right to be peeā€™d off, but I can see the point the op was making.

If teenagers are Argyle fans instead of Liverpool or Man City fans that's a good thing. Every teenager is entitled to behave in a manner that older people may think is a bit silly. I daresay the OP may have behaved in a way his parent's generation didn't always approve of?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
GreenThing":33v4skrt said:
Weā€™re you strutting through town blowing sunshine up Loweā€™s arse before the match and calling him a ct afterwards?

No I went with your dad, up and back. :greensmile:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
IJN":1hreel5i said:
GreenThing":1hreel5i said:
Weā€™re you strutting through town blowing sunshine up Loweā€™s arse before the match and calling him a ct afterwards?

No I went with your dad, up and back. :greensmile:

I bet he had some choice opinions on proceedings. :)

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Todayā€™s obnoxious kid is tomorrowā€™s grey headed moaner remembering the good old days. If the kids of today reacted the same way as the kids of 19x5 then it would be an odd world. Crap result, let everyone react in their own generations way, as long as no-one gets hurt does it matter?

At least they care and understand the importance of the fixture itā€™s an improvement than our management and players.

Aug 12, 2018
I think the genuine fans that stayed in the ground - whilst the hotheads went bouncing off down Sidwell St - were the high point of the game for me stuck in the Grandstand surrounded by home fans. When the Exeter fans taunted the GA with our very own ECFC put down by reversing the message to ā€œPA youā€™ll always be s**tā€ , the GA responded with ā€œ Weā€™re PA weā€™ll always be s**t ! ā€œ

A rare coming together of pure football humour. Made myself and everyone around laugh :nworthy:

PS couldnt bare to buy the Sunday Independent today. :facepalm: