my take on some fans | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

my take on some fans

Mar 23, 2019
TruroTerry":2dgvcce6 said:
I think the genuine fans that stayed in the ground - whilst the hotheads went bouncing off down Sidwell St - were the high point of the game for me stuck in the Grandstand surrounded by home fans. When the Exeter fans taunted the GA with our very own ECFC put down by reversing the message to “PA you’ll always be s**t” , the GA responded with “ We’re PA we’ll always be s**t ! “

A rare coming together of pure football humour. Made myself and everyone around laugh :nworthy:

PS couldnt bare to buy the Sunday Independent today. :facepalm:

Everyone should have left as soon as it went 3-0!

Jan 24, 2019
greybeard-kernow":1gsomnev said:
ok yesterday , im not going to go into the actual match , result, we all know what happened and how some of us feel.i am going to tell you about argyle fans of a certain age group , Millennials, yes young men aged 20 to 30 ish, who think the world owes them something,yesterday travelling to exeter and around the town they were there in their numbers having the odd drink, and can only sing one song "ryan loweeee ryan loweee ryan loweeee ryan loweee", taking pictures making sure it was on facebook and twitter letting everyone know in their online world, what a good time they were having,come 3-0 down the attitude changed to ryan lowe out , you bunch of c***s , what is this sh*t , amongst other rubbish we have all heard before, and onto their beloved facebook and twitter to let they digital friends know who aggrieved they are, and how bad they feel , because they do not deserve that, fickle?maybe, me being a old git ,maybe, but i do not like this form of the argyle fan,

I am in the age bracket that you are on about and i was at the game on Saturday. I do not want ryan out by any means. I think you are tarnishing all that generation with the same brush, when it is only the minority that is doing it.

Oct 16, 2016
Imagine suggesting this is all new (OP), it isn’t, apart from the social media aspect.

The kids certainly aren’t as well dressed as us I suppose but it was much much worse 20-30 years ago, nowadays there’s much posturing and bravado

Swindon is a good comparison, I went the other week, the last time I was there my mates life support machine was turned off after the outcome of the days frivolity

May 1, 2011
The opening poster is conveniently forgetting the years of the English disease.

Saturday was a shadow of former Argyle v City matches in terms of crowd trouble.

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
All those season ticket holders just turning up for an away day..... Wow what a self important I'm a better supporter than you post

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Strange post.

What are we to do? Not take up the offer of tickets so random fans who fancy it grab them first? :crazy:

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Moan, moan f*cking moan.

I’m stunned they haven’t been shunned for not being ‘proper fans’ despite clearly being season ticket holders. Give me a group of self-entitled millennials over the old farts who would rather decry our own fans than being walloped by our arch rivals in the most humiliating manner.

Lots of younger fans go games for a laugh and p*ss up with football usually being the secondary consideration. It’s not too dissimilar to going on a night out and not being primarily concerned with having a dance in a club. Just get over it, honestly.

Jul 12, 2016
Fergy":10f3epce said:
Moan, moan f*cking moan.

I’m stunned they haven’t been shunned for not being ‘proper fans’ despite clearly being season ticket holders. Give me a group of self-entitled millennials over the old farts who would rather decry our own fans than being walloped by our arch rivals in the most humiliating manner.

Lots of younger fans go games for a laugh and p*ss up with football usually being the secondary consideration. It’s not too dissimilar to going on a night out and not being primarily concerned with having a dance in a club. Just get over it, honestly.

If all they want is a laugh and a p*ss up why bother attending a football match? Says it all about some people's mentality .
Pathetic!

Oct 16, 2016
Imagine not having an ale or two post and pre match? Eeuuuwww

The football often spoils a good day out, in fact I’ve oft jibbed the game if the precursor is going well.
At Sunderland last season I watched circa 10-15 mins of the game and was back in Newcastle before the game was finished to watch the Scottish cup semi in the Irish Social Club with Celtic fans, had an absolute ball of a weekend with the argyle crowd