Names on shirts | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Names on shirts

May 16, 2016
I'm glad I'm the only one that noticed the young lads shirts ! Yoof I guess. When I was that age the moans would have been about the length of our hair or stupid platform shoes :)

Couldn't shirt sponsors decide an apt name to go on the shirt ? 'Sh$te' , 'Slow' , 'Greedy' , 'Cr8p' or 'Waste' for example.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
The rules have been relaxed in recent years.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink wanted ‘Jimmy’ on his shirt a few years back but he wasn’t allowed.

N

NorfolkGreen

Neil Ruddock had “Razor” on the back of his for a game.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
George Best had some sidelaced purple boots out around 1970. Headmaster was not impressed when I got changed for that first game I wore them. Swore blind if I didn’t have a blinder I would not be representing the school ever again.
Funny thing is I now have a go at my grandson for not wearing black boots.

Jan 28, 2005
I saw him play at Home Park but can't remember what Edson Arantes do Nascimento had on the back of his shirt. No. 10?

Dave Smith would not allow an Argyle player to take the field with his shirt untucked.

Long sleeves in the winter enable you to play without gloves - you just put your hands up your sleeves.

Studs should be round in plan, preferably aluminium, and boots should be black.

Scottish goal posts should be square.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
samjones":1ozs4zbb said:
Black boots rule ! No doubt someone will vote for multi coloured striped ones though.

Agree. Black boots are iconic. Let your football do the talking!
A bit off topic but talking of black. Mike Tyson wore black boots and black shorts, nothing flashy.
Quite frankly, I do not think there has been a boxer more awesome than him in his prime!
You don't need to put a bow on a great package!

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
samjones":2upei8an said:
Black boots rule ! No doubt someone will vote for multi coloured striped ones though.

It's all about the advertising though, most top players are being paid by brands to wear their boots and they've got to be colourful to be identifiable.

There would never be a rule controlling this as, like the probable VAR changes, money is driving the change.

Jul 3, 2013
Not half as bad as those fully grown men who walk around with players names on their shirt, some people even put their own name on the back, what’s all that about!!!

N

NorfolkGreen

999mattyg":3ul2ma50 said:
samjones":3ul2ma50 said:

You don't need to put a bow on a great package!

That’s what I tell my Wife, she doesnt agree!