Naming rights for Home Park | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Naming rights for Home Park

Oct 10, 2012
Stuart House":7nmyqclu said:
I think people are probably over estimating what it is worth.

We are a league one side with a low national profile. The money available for this would be peanuts, and not worth it.

If I asked you who plays at the Sands Venue Stadium you probably couldn't tell me.

We are not talking £100,000s more like £10,000s

Very different circumstances because of location but I believe Walsall generate a lot of income through the sponsorship of the stand overlooking the motorway.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
ghost of hughie reed":3446ujcm said:
Who would be the most embarrassing sponsors ? Leaving aside sanitary products.....The Poundland Stadium ? :tumbleweed:

Plymouth Live.

Sep 3, 2009
IJN":2289mr72 said:
Balham_Green":2289mr72 said:
IJN":2289mr72 said:
I can never understand why people pay really big money for stadiums to be renamed, Let's face it fans and football people always refer to the original name don't they?

Like The Emirates?

What was it before BG?

I think that's right - it only ever works as a marketing exercise when the brand is on there from inception (or as near as dammit). In the same way, I often still think of Bolton's statdium as the Reebok, Huddersfield's as the McAlpine and Leicester's as the Walkers (even though they won the title at the King Power).

Home Park will always be Home Park.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I was talking about old grounds really. I'm not sure if Ashburton Grove was never a ground was it? More of a project heading wasn't it?

So all the ones you mentioned plus Emirates are really the original names of the grounds aren't they. That's sort of my point.

Once named always used. Saying that Upton Park and Boleyn Ground always confused me. :crazy:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
We're quite lucky in that Home Park is quite a generic name in the first place. That phrase itself, effectively means 'stadium' or 'home ground'.

So if... and I would prefer it didn't... the ground was sponsored, I'd hope that HP was incorporated. There doesn't seem much benefit in calling it 'Wrigley's Arena' or 'Ginsters Stadium' instead of 'Wrigley's Home Park' or 'Ginsters Home Park'.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
IJN":px2zt8sx said:
Always though HP would be great sponsors.

And there I was thinking you'd distance yourself from any Harry Potter references!

:wtf:

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Would be awesome if we supporters could crowdfund enough to buy the naming rights for the ground for a few years and name it Home Park.

Would stop any concerns and raise some cash for the club.

Jul 25, 2006
Leighton Buzzard
Willis88":37s3urt3 said:
Would be awesome if we supporters could crowdfund enough to buy the naming rights for the ground for a few years and name it Home Park.

See my post above. Could this have any legs?

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
(I'm)Stranded":7qp9dtx7 said:
Willis88":7qp9dtx7 said:

See my post above. Could this have any legs?

Yeah on the same vein, was thinking leaving it fully as is, rather than adding anything to the name.

BHS

Oct 6, 2008
Liverpool (Skelmersdale)
Rush Goalie":352od026 said:
IJN":352od026 said:
Balham_Green":352od026 said:
IJN":352od026 said:
I can never understand why people pay really big money for stadiums to be renamed, Let's face it fans and football people always refer to the original name don't they?

Like The Emirates?

What was it before BG?

I think that's right - it only ever works as a marketing exercise when the brand is on there from inception (or as near as dammit). In the same way, I often still think of Bolton's statdium as the Reebok, Huddersfield's as the McAlpine and Leicester's as the Walkers (even though they won the title at the King Power).

Home Park will always be Home Park.

Agree but to add, IMO works best for new stadia like as said previously , The Emirates, I instantly associate with Arsenal. Same with Walkers (Crisps) being synonymous with Leicester, they also had Leicester boy done good - Gary Lineker advertising their product, which maybe heightened Leicester FC’s profile? Also both companies were shirt sponsors as well.

As for Huddersfield (New stadium) and Salford (redeveloped) both stadiums were initially named after the construction companies that built their new stadiums, McAlpine (John McAlpine) and Penninsular.
That was done as a commercial agreements to offset the construction costs. I don’t either have been shirt sponsors also.

Do other fans nationally associate Argyle with Ginsters and vice versa? The pasty is uniquely associated with Cornwall (and Devon, don’t want to start another debate) and originates from the region.
If any company fits best for naming Home Park it would have to be: Ginsters Home Park.
How much money that would be worth to the club I could not say but agree with other posters more likely tens of thousands not hundreds.

Sep 3, 2009
IJN":2ppqph1e said:
I was talking about old grounds really. I'm not sure if Ashburton Grove was never a ground was it? More of a project heading wasn't it?

So all the ones you mentioned plus Emirates are really the original names of the grounds aren't they. That's sort of my point.

Once named always used. Saying that Upton Park and Boleyn Ground always confused me. :crazy:

Yep, I was agreeing with you.