New laws | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New laws

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Lundan Cabbie":11ujuv9x said:
Balham_Green":11ujuv9x said:
Lundan Cabbie":11ujuv9x said:
Emu":11ujuv9x said:
One rule I would like added is that when a team wins a corner, the base of the ball has to be INSIDE the corner area.

Everywhere else the WHOLE of the ball determines whether it is in or out of an area of the pitch so why should they change it for a corner kick? How would any change be of any benefit to the game?

Exactly. What would be the point? A rule that needs to come in and I understand is being trialled is the sin bin. Works perfectly well in rugby.

My fear with sin bins is the likelihood of teams just parking the bus until they are back to eleven on the pitch.

Didn’t work worth Argyle. Del Boy tried to park the bus on a number of occasions last season but we still ended up loosing out :furious: .

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
Sin bins are coming in at grass roots levels this season after the trials

Sin bins are for dissent only and a player could conceivably receive 4 punishments in order to be sent off

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
All that will happen is that the player to be substituted will somehow find himself on the centre spot when his number goes up.
It’s the enforcement of the rules that needs to be improved and consistently applied

Nov 18, 2011
Lundan Cabbie":1yihvocv said:
Emu":1yihvocv said:
One rule I would like added is that when a team wins a corner, the base of the ball has to be INSIDE the corner area.

Everywhere else the WHOLE of the ball determines whether it is in or out of an area of the pitch so why should they change it for a corner kick? How would any change be of any benefit to the game?

Yep, there really would be rule chaos if you changed it.
It's one of those things that perplex me about how some fans get so wound up because only a small part of the ball is touching the corner quadrant. It's only a few cm's, it won't make much difference!

Jul 12, 2016
Joe Totale":7ytk27u8 said:
Lundan Cabbie":7ytk27u8 said:
Emu":7ytk27u8 said:

It's one of those things that perplex me about how some fans get so wound up because only a small part of the ball is touching the corner quadrant. It's only a few cm's, it won't make much difference!
So why do it?

Nov 18, 2011
oldage":3n3tulwf said:
Joe Totale":3n3tulwf said:
Lundan Cabbie":3n3tulwf said:
Emu":3n3tulwf said:

So why do it?

Why not?

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
X Isle":3scwaktb said:
rsp4":3scwaktb said:
Keepitgreen":3scwaktb said:
This gets a thumbs up from me:

Substitutions

A player who is being substituted must leave the pitch by the nearest point on the touchline or byeline - unless the referee says he can leave quickly at the halfway line - or elsewhere for safety or injury reasons.

This change is to stop players time-wasting. Any player who "infringes the spirit of this law" will be booked for unsporting behaviour.

Good law :thumbup:
Agreed. The 2nd most irritating act for me, hopefully now eradicated.

Most annoying I find is delaying a free kick by standing in front of the ball, it is utterly endemic. No-one ever seems to get booked for not retreating indeed players often race to stand there and prevent a quick kick forwards. If they simply enforced the current rules EVERY time it happened there may be an initial rash of sendings off but it would quickly become a futile act to do it.

Quick free kicks have always been a mystery to me and I agree the rules should be clarified. Some refs seem to say “whenever you’re ready” and others have a “play to the whistle” approach (remember Wotton being sent off for a second yellow for taking a kick before the ref was ready?). As a result you see goals ruled out for kicks taken too soon and goals ruled in while the defending team has still been organising itself.

However, I don’t see why the “blocking man” is a problem. If the kick can be taken they only have to hit it at him for a free yellow card and a retake; if it can’t then his presence is irrelevant.

Oct 31, 2015
Argyle Nutter":bo8wh3p3 said:
Lundan Cabbie":bo8wh3p3 said:
Balham_Green":bo8wh3p3 said:
Lundan Cabbie":bo8wh3p3 said:
Emu":bo8wh3p3 said:

Exactly. What would be the point? A rule that needs to come in and I understand is being trialled is the sin bin. Works perfectly well in rugby.

My fear with sin bins is the likelihood of teams just parking the bus until they are back to eleven on the pitch.

Didn’t work worth Argyle. Del Boy tried to park the bus on a number of occasions last season but we still ended up loosing out :furious: .
:funny:

Mind you Wycombe know how :furious:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
oldage":jeig0q3y said:
Joe Totale":jeig0q3y said:
Lundan Cabbie":jeig0q3y said:
Emu":jeig0q3y said:

So why do it?

Because placing it in the quadrant puts the ball close to the flag. You often have an over eager lino about 3 inches from your hip. If you put it on the line there is usually a 1 inch dip where the white line has been cut and marked so ball can roll back, deviate or need 'digging out'. If you put it just outside then you can get to it, hit it cleanly and know that it won't move or dig in.
Same for both sides and there is an equal argument that moving an inch nearer means your centrehalf heads it cleanly or misses it by that inch.
What harm? Rules for rules sake? OCD? :think:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Gloucester Green":tk0r9mat said:
Don't forget accidental handballs that lead to goals will be disallowed and a free kick given that could lead to all manner of deception

Ball not having to leave the penalty area from goalkicks will be interesting too
Ah!!! re 2nd paragraph. I noticed that in the England v Scotland Women’s World Cup game today. I wondered why it kept happening without the referee getting the keeper to retake it. Now I know.

Sep 6, 2006
Pogleswoody":1ky85wrc said:
oldage":1ky85wrc said:
Joe Totale":1ky85wrc said:
Lundan Cabbie":1ky85wrc said:
Emu":1ky85wrc said:

So why do it?

Because placing it in the quadrant puts the ball close to the flag. You often have an over eager lino about 3 inches from your hip. If you put it on the line there is usually a 1 inch dip where the white line has been cut and marked so ball can roll back, deviate or need 'digging out'. If you put it just outside then you can get to it, hit it cleanly and know that it won't move or dig in.
Same for both sides and there is an equal argument that moving an inch nearer means your centrehalf heads it cleanly or misses it by that inch.
What harm? Rules for rules sake? OCD? :think:

With that explanation I think you are getting mixed up with golf. Makes absolutely no difference

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Football use to be such a simple game.

fitz

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 28, 2006
Dubai UAE
Just make the corner 1/4 circle thing bigger and then the ball has to be in it!

Nov 18, 2011
fitz":3jbqrx24 said:
Just make the corner 1/4 circle thing bigger and then the ball has to be in it!

I feel I may be being Whooshed...
You're saying the same as saying we should make the pitches bigger so that only a bit of the ball has to be over the goal line for it to be a goal instead of the entire ball as it is right now.

fitz

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 28, 2006
Dubai UAE
Now you’re talking. Mr Totale!
Ill bet there are loads of problems we could solve just by making things bigger.