New laws | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New laws

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Balham_Green":17e27lb7 said:
Pogleswoody":17e27lb7 said:
oldage":17e27lb7 said:
Joe Totale":17e27lb7 said:
Lundan Cabbie":17e27lb7 said:
Emu":17e27lb7 said:
One rule I would like added is that when a team wins a corner, the base of the ball has to be INSIDE the corner area.

Everywhere else the WHOLE of the ball determines whether it is in or out of an area of the pitch so why should they change it for a corner kick? How would any change be of any benefit to the game?

Yep, there really would be rule chaos if you changed it.
It's one of those things that perplex me about how some fans get so wound up because only a small part of the ball is touching the corner quadrant. It's only a few cm's, it won't make much difference!
So why do it?

Because placing it in the quadrant puts the ball close to the flag. You often have an over eager lino about 3 inches from your hip. If you put it on the line there is usually a 1 inch dip where the white line has been cut and marked so ball can roll back, deviate or need 'digging out'. If you put it just outside then you can get to it, hit it cleanly and know that it won't move or dig in.
Same for both sides and there is an equal argument that moving an inch nearer means your centrehalf heads it cleanly or misses it by that inch.
What harm? Rules for rules sake? OCD? :think:

With that explanation I think you are getting mixed up with golf. Makes absolutely no difference

Played only a bit of golf but taken loads of corners. I stand by my 'explanation' cos it is my opinion as to why players do it.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Watching the Women's World Cup (really enjoying everything about it) and a thought occurred about the new ruling on the ball not having to clear the penalty area from a goal kick to be in play. Go with me on this! The keeper puts the ball down on the six yard line to take the kick. His defender then comes back into the penalty area towards the keeper, ready to take the short pass. No problem so far. Instead of the keeper passing the ball to the nearby defender along the ground, however, he gently chips it to the defender who then heads or chests the ball back to the keeper's hands. According to the new rules the ball is 'in play' and now that the keeper has the ball in his hands he can run to the edge of his area and drop-kick it out. A goal kick has therefore been turned into a drop-kick, which most of us would prefer to have, I'm sure. Thoughts?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Mark58":1r0548fi said:
Watching the Women's World Cup (really enjoying everything about it) and a thought occurred about the new ruling on the ball not having to clear the penalty area from a goal kick to be in play. Go with me on this! The keeper puts the ball down on the six yard line to take the kick. His defender then comes back into the penalty area towards the keeper, ready to take the short pass. No problem so far. Instead of the keeper passing the ball to the nearby defender along the ground, however, he gently chips it to the defender who then heads or chests the ball back to the keeper's hands. According to the new rules the ball is 'in play' and now that the keeper has the ball in his hands he can run to the edge of his area and drop-kick it out. A goal kick has therefore been turned into a drop-kick, which most of us would prefer to have, I'm sure. Thoughts?

Couldn't you make that a backpass if it was headed/chested within the box? So the keeper can't pick it up?
No problem if the keeper can't pick it up once the goalkick has been taken. Then it is just passing between teammates? :think:

Aug 13, 2009
Instead of the keeper passing the ball to the nearby defender along the ground, however, he gently chips it to the defender who then heads or chests the ball back to the keeper's hands.

Can you imagine the fiasco at Argyle if they try that manoeuvre with some of our centre-backs and keepers!!
I can see plenty of own-goals!!
:shock: :shock:

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
santos73":dye3273p said:
Instead of the keeper passing the ball to the nearby defender along the ground, however, he gently chips it to the defender who then heads or chests the ball back to the keeper's hands.

Can you imagine the fiasco at Argyle if they try that manoeuvre with some of our centre-backs and keepers!!
I can see plenty of own-goals!!
:shock: :shock:

Point taken... :lol:

Dec 3, 2005
Have they changed the rule on injured players who receive treatment, having to go off the pitch?

Noticed in last nights Womens football that a player did not leave the pitch after treatment and actually took the free-kick!

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
djg145":1i30g5x9 said:
Have they changed the rule on injured players who receive treatment, having to go off the pitch?

Noticed in last nights Womens football that a player did not leave the pitch after treatment and actually took the free-kick!

Not sure if it has changed but I'm all for this, not the injured player's fault someone else injured them.