New playing strip (when is it out?) - 31.5.21 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New playing strip (when is it out?) - 31.5.21

Jan 26, 2006
Plymouth
A few have already alluded to this above and I say this every year. We should have a dark green with black home kit and a light green and white away kit. The away does not have to be predominantly green. I think this would work absolutely. Sort of similar to the Wolfsburg idea.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Ham Green":14bnc4do said:
We used to have a really smart two-tone kit a few years ago. Yet thinking about it fills me with sadness.

Was it sometime around the year we went into admin?

Did you mean this one?

I did a homage to it earlier this year, if it were to be updated.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Adam":28gwq3pj said:
Ham Green":28gwq3pj said:
We used to have a really smart two-tone kit a few years ago. Yet thinking about it fills me with sadness.

Did you mean this one?

I could almost take a smidgen of BlackGreen if it was contrasted with a light bright green.

If you had modern 'blackgreen', Argyle bright green (Proper job!), another green in between (that is actually green)? Black (that is actually black)? Yellow? White? Tanger (if you must!). You've really got a huge potential variation in kits and colours with these stripes.

You could easily knock up three strips from (I hate) pure Blackgreen to pure White away and all the combinations in between. Then have a proper fans vote (ST holders?) to decide which 3 to go with?

Dec 30, 2020
Biggs":3584jy1w said:
Confirmation, if it were needed, of the same 'green'... and Puma.

E2Zr0BNVUAM9fh8

I don't know if it's just my computer settings but it looks even greyer and less green than usual.

Do the people making the decision on this actively sit down every pre-season and ask themselves, what is the most unique and well-known aspect of Argyle's identity (playing in green) and what can we do to diminish it?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
greenpilled":1uai1gto said:
I don't know if it's just my computer settings but it looks even greyer and less green than usual.

Do the people making the decision on this actively sit down every pre-season and ask themselves, what is the most unique and well-known aspect of Argyle's identity (playing in green) and what can we do to diminish it?

That's the thing though, no-one currently at the club made that decision 20 years ago.

But they (presumably) think that's now the established 'Argyle green' and the shirts have to match that corporate/stadium branding.

They don't. The world doesn't end if the website and stadium seats are dark green, and the home shirt is brighter green.

Dec 30, 2011
Adam":qj8wz7v7 said:
Ham Green":qj8wz7v7 said:

Did you mean this one?

now that's a proper grey striped shirt!

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Is that gold trim on the sleeves Adam?

I was thinking that if we were to persist with that murky green, then gold would go well with it.

What about a solid green with a gold pinstripe?

Or, even better imo, we play in white!!

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Lousy_Pint":vetqcnpd said:
Is that gold trim on the sleeves Adam?

I was thinking that if we were to persist with that murky green, then gold would go well with it.

What about a solid green with a gold pinstripe?

Or, even better imo, we play in white!!

Yep gold trim. I really like the green and good vibe.

Particularly as next season is 135 years of Argyle, gold kinda lends itself to that.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
I always detested that two-tone monstrosity - one of the worst shirts we’ve had in recent years. As for someone suggesting dark green and black go together well.... :facepalm: The only shade of green that pairs well with black is Emerald.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
If it is dark green (bottle green RAL 6007) then the new floodlights will help. Tuesday evening games with dark green shirts against a background of dark green seats and a lamp post in Bobby's Garden was always a recipe for disaster.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Hope the club sticks to the green shirt black shorts white socks kit. With slight changes to trim. I don't want Argyle in stripes one year white another and all green the next

Time to stick with one identity... dont see Liverpool in stripes or celtic in all green... let's have Argyle in one type of strip

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
smudja":3q8bg956 said:
Hope the club sticks to the green shirt black shorts white socks kit. With slight changes to trim. I don't want Argyle in stripes one year white another and all green the next

Time to stick with one identity... dont see Liverpool in stripes or celtic in all green... let's have Argyle in one type of strip

That method wouldn’t necessarily work for Argyle.

You have to factor in that Argyle very much rely on the income from shirt sales, whereas Liverpool, Celtic, less so.

If Argyle made a shirt that was only slightly different season to season, people wouldn’t bother to purchase it.

By creating shirts that have different designs (stripes, tyre marks, chest bands etc) it encourages fans to buy them, therefore generating income for the club.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Yeah, not a fan of that to be honest.