New playing strip (when is it out?) - 31.5.21 | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New playing strip (when is it out?) - 31.5.21

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
sverigegreen":301ew17s said:
Speaking of tyre marks.
Perhaps we will get a grey version of this

https://www.footballshirtculture.com/21 ... e-kit.html

hope not

tenor.gif

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
The new training range has an interesting design - something similar for the Shirt perhaps?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The new training range has been worn by all four players in their interview videos after signing new contracts so it's something the club is pushing.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Adam":3dtswtd7 said:
smudja":3dtswtd7 said:
Hope the club sticks to the green shirt black shorts white socks kit. With slight changes to trim. I don't want Argyle in stripes one year white another and all green the next

Time to stick with one identity... dont see Liverpool in stripes or celtic in all green... let's have Argyle in one type of strip

That method wouldn’t necessarily work for Argyle.

You have to factor in that Argyle very much rely on the income from shirt sales, whereas Liverpool, Celtic, less so.

If Argyle made a shirt that was only slightly different season to season, people wouldn’t bother to purchase it.

By creating shirts that have different designs (stripes, tyre marks, chest bands etc) it encourages fans to buy them, therefore generating income for the club.

Celtic n Liverpool were possibly bad choices. Works for E*e*e* who have worn various stripes Sheff Wed and Utd too. Dont see any reason why Argyles first choice strip cannot be one generic style. Be it stripes or all green mess about with the 2nd and 3rd strips

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
I think if I was Ryan Lowe I'd be concerned about how visible the dark green shirts are on the pitch particularly against certain backgrounds. I'm sure that a lighter/brighter strip gives a benefit to players, albeit small. I like last season's away shirt or the late 1960s green band across the white or a lime green shirt.

Jun 27, 2019
Dorset Pilgrim":3nerixyl said:
I think if I was Ryan Lowe I'd be concerned about how visible the dark green shirts are on the pitch particularly against certain backgrounds. I'm sure that a lighter/brighter strip gives a benefit to players, albeit small. I like last season's away shirt or the late 1960s green band across the white or a lime green shirt.

I think the fact we're sticking with the dark green tells you that RL doesn't have an issue with it. And why should he? It's a bonkers theory. If there was any truth in it then the players would have made their views known, which clearly they haven't because there's another dark green kit incoming.

And besides, if dark green really did affect visibility then surely that's as much of an advantage as a disadvantage because the opposition would also struggle to pick out our players making runs off the ball.

It's worth remembering that in the last twenty years we have won promotion four times (including two league titles) wearing dark green shirts. Did those squads just have better eyesight?

It's fair enough that people don't like the colour, but there's no evidence whatsoever that it impacts performance.

Jul 12, 2016
Dorset Pilgrim":2kxkymxa said:
IMO the current green is not and never will be proper Argyle green.
Why we persist with this horrible dull dark green is beyond me.
Don't PUMA stock a lighter brighter green?