New Striker - Billy Clarke signs | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Striker - Billy Clarke signs

Jun 27, 2019
Graham Clark":3rd6gpo5 said:
We have 12 League games plus one or possibly two FA Cup fixtures before the next transfer window opens. With the prevalence of injuries to strikers / attacking midfielders and the ability to sign free agents is restricted to pre-2nd September within England. There aren't many who fit that bill and who have remained in full time training and have done a pre-season.

I would suspect that Ryan Lowe is trying to be pragmatic on a short term basis, in the first instance. He can use the younger players like Lolos, Randell and Wilson to fulfill the Central League, Leasing.Com and Premier League Cup fixtures without risking any other first team injuries to key players.

I'd go along with that. Clarke is kicking his heels and not earning a wage, so he should be desperate to come in and make a point. If we do sign him I'd imagine it'd only be a very short-term deal, with the incentive of something longer term in January if he scores goals.

And scoring goals is definitely how Lowe measures his strikers. Previous managers may have valued hold-up play and winning headers more highly, but Lowe doesn't. Score goals and you're in.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Dalton Is God":1dkuno6d said:
Andy_S":1dkuno6d said:
Ted":1dkuno6d said:
This would be underwhelming.

Panic buy springs to mind. Could scupper us getting someone decent in January.

If true of course.

English not your first language?

Which part of FREE AGENT is it that you don't understand?

So he'll play for free too? Ideal :roll:

Rather than jump on Ted's post and attack, it's obvious they didn't just mean a transfer fee.

So 'panic signing' then? Why didn't he say that? :think:

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Pogleswoody":uypp6iiy said:
Dalton Is God":uypp6iiy said:
Andy_S":uypp6iiy said:
Ted":uypp6iiy said:

If true of course.

Rather than jump on Ted's post and attack, it's obvious they didn't just mean a transfer fee.

Thank you!

It's pretty bloody obvious that the bloke is going to get paid a wage! DUH!

Secondly, rather than jump on my post and attack, it's obvious that this FREE signing is not going to come anywhere close to "scuppering" us "getting someone decent in January".

Duh!

Jul 12, 2016
Andy_S":33u243q4 said:
Pogleswoody":33u243q4 said:
Dalton Is God":33u243q4 said:
Andy_S":33u243q4 said:
Ted":33u243q4 said:

If true of course.

Thank you!

It's pretty bloody obvious that the bloke is going to get paid a wage! DUH!

Secondly, rather than jump on my post and attack, it's obvious that this FREE signing is not going to come anywhere close to "scuppering" us "getting someone decent in January".

Duh!
Talk about nit picking.There are some posters who know exactly what you mean but just want to be awkward. Don't bother with them .

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Great to see so many disagreements before club has confirmed anything :roll:

For clarity we can only sign free agents as already stated on here. so "prospects" from other clubs at all levels ruled out till January.

Lowe has made it clear Fletcher and Lolos not good enough. Lolos still developing so may be loaned out to get regular games. Fletcher has had chances and will probably move on.

I would expect Clarke , if he joins, will be a short term contract till January. If he does very well he may earn an extension to May. If not, he leaves. Really not rocket science is it? :roll:

Jan 27, 2012
Not seen much of Lolos, but Fletcher isn’t THAT bad. Why not give him a proper opportunity to prove himself ? Presumably there are senior strikers coming back into fitness over the coming games as well.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Dalton Is God":2xkh699v said:
Andy_S":2xkh699v said:
Ted":2xkh699v said:

If true of course.

Thank you Dalton.

I don't need to explain myself to you Andy but I will. It seems you need the help to understand nothing is free in football.

We will pay his wages.
He may get a signing on fee.
He may have requested a contract until the summer or following year, and got it.

We don't know the facts, but I would argue that very rarely does a player sign a 3 month contract or a pay as you play.

Come January our budget may no longer stretch to afford genuine quality because we may have signed Clarke; who, in my opinion, would be an unnecessary signing.

Put simply I want us signing players that are quality, ideally with some longevity. I think we need an out and out goalscorer. He isn't one.

May 8, 2011
Ted":22fg3937 said:
Dalton Is God":22fg3937 said:
Andy_S":22fg3937 said:
Ted":22fg3937 said:

If true of course.

Thank you Dalton.

I don't need to explain myself to you Andy but I will. It seems you need the help to understand nothing is free in football.

We will pay his wages.
He may get a signing on fee.
He may have requested a contract until the summer or following year, and got it.

We don't know the facts, but I would argue that very rarely does a player sign a 3 month contract or a pay as you play.

Come January our budget may no longer stretch to afford genuine quality because we may have signed Clarke; who, in my opinion, would be an unnecessary signing.

Put simply I want us signing players that are quality, ideally with some longevity. I think we need an out and out goalscorer. He isn't one.

Signing quality players in January will almost certainly mean paying a transfer fee or getting loans in. You can only have 5 loanees in the match day squad and we already have 4 so there isn’t much scope there unless some of the loanees are returned.

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
gaspargomez":37t72tab said:
Not seen much of Lolos, but Fletcher isn’t THAT bad. Why not give him a proper opportunity to prove himself ? Presumably there are senior strikers coming back into fitness over the coming games as well.

It’s a shame but the player I rated and feel like he’d be just the sort of player that would fit into Lowes style of play was Louis Rooney.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
pafc_casual":2lfavlsw said:
cheshiregreen":2lfavlsw said:
:shock:

Not doubting you given your past record, but, wasn't expecting any more arrivals pre January.

Someone packing their bags to go? :think:

Nope, we have injury problems. Baxter possibly out for 4-6 weeks :thumbdown:
This piece of information is of much more concern than the signing of a new striker.
There was no mention of this in RL’s injury update yesterday, although he didn’t, specifically, mention Baxter when suggesting replacements for Danny Mayor.

Sep 15, 2012
Steve Evans":9ck9ea58 said:
play fletcher,jephcott or lolos for goodness sake.

Stevie, Stevie, ,Stevie, Fletcher??????? Really, no I mean REALLY????????????????????
. :facepalm: : :facepalm: :facepalm:

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Qoo3939L":30sj08d5 said:
Steve Evans":30sj08d5 said:
play fletcher,jephcott or lolos for goodness sake.

Stevie, Stevie, ,Stevie, Fletcher??????? Really, no I mean REALLY????????????????????
. :facepalm: : :facepalm: :facepalm:

Hes the modern day equivalent of Tyler Harvey

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
With Dyson retireing it frees up some wages for another signing so it wouldn t cost the club any more so worth giving Clarke a chance with a short contract.

Jan 27, 2012
I expect Argyle would have needed to pay the remainder of Dyson’s contract- or at least the majority of it.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Surely a rumour?