New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb) | Page 33 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb)

T

The Grumpy Loyal

IJN":oetgtifx said:
The Grumpy Loyal":oetgtifx said:
From when they were hoisted in and knocked up in mid-July, this is a quote from Jon Backs blog of 20/7/18....

“......we will see the first supporters in through the doors in around eight weeks’ time.”

He was right, quite a few of us were shown around! :twisted:

Perhaps priorities have changed.

Let's face it, we have a shop and ticket office, so as a separate project, it's obviously been taken off the list for now.

I'll look forward to shopping in there when it's finished.

I may be wrong but I would have thought that was what the blog was for - to keep normal fans updated.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Grumpy Loyal":21jcb1ts said:
IJN":21jcb1ts said:
The Grumpy Loyal":21jcb1ts said:
From when they were hoisted in and knocked up in mid-July, this is a quote from Jon Backs blog of 20/7/18....

“......we will see the first supporters in through the doors in around eight weeks’ time.”

Let's face it, we have a shop and ticket office, so as a separate project, it's obviously been taken off the list for now.

I may be wrong but I would have thought that was what the blog was for - to keep normal fans updated.

And you to be fair Grumpy.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

I guess priorities may have changed. I can just imagine Jon speaking to the shopfitters supposed to be fitting out the new club shop....”hi guys, priorities have changed, Do any of you fancy having a go on the JCB” :facepalm:

A

andyr1963

The Grumpy Loyal":2dag5lts said:
I guess priorities may have changed. I can just imagine Jon speaking to the shopfitters supposed to be fitting out the new club shop....”hi guys, priorities have changed, Do any of you fancy having a go on the JCB” :facepalm:

:funny: A gem :funny:

May 16, 2016
The Grumpy Loyal":2uf36cg7 said:
IJN":2uf36cg7 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2uf36cg7 said:

Agree, whatever the reasons for the delay, it would only take a few minutes to type out and post an update that the Shop and Ticket Office moves are running behind the originally planned schedule. Saying nothing just fuels the conspiracy fires and leaves the normal Fans scratching their heads.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Can't argue with that, communication is king.

Mind you, what with being knee deep in meetings with planners, EFL, FoCP etc etc, it's possibly not high on his list at the moment.

A blog will come soon, I'm sure.

:scarf:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The Grumpy Loyal":2k2u6a2p said:

Only a few weeks ago, you were remarking about no work going on with regard to the 'actual grandstand' and that the club is not being transparent about why nothing is happening despite this being a multi million pound contract. Now, GoS have provided hundreds of pictures of all the work that has gone on since then and there are also webcams showing live pictures of what is happening outside. All that seems quite open and transparent to me.

So now, without acknowledging the obvious level of progress that has been made in the last 2 months, you have resorted to criticising the comparatively trivial matter of the superstore and ticket office not being put in it's final position.

A

andyr1963

Kentishgreen":3afkmpi1 said:
That’s all he does Davie. Bitch, moan and complain. The clue’s in the name

You're right there, his name is also the GREATEST anagram ever seen on this site. :lol:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Kentishgreen":1rsjjy45 said:
That’s all he does Davie. Bitch, moan and complain. The clue’s in the name

It's also very nearly a clever anagram.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

davie nine":tltsli00 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":tltsli00 said:

Only a few weeks ago, you were remarking about no work going on with regard to the 'actual grandstand' and that the club is not being transparent about why nothing is happening despite this being a multi million pound contract. Now, GoS have provided hundreds of pictures of all the work that has gone on since then and there are also webcams showing live pictures of what is happening outside. All that seems quite open and transparent to me.

So now, without acknowledging the obvious level of progress that has been made in the last 2 months, you have resorted to criticising the comparatively trivial matter of the superstore and ticket office not being put in it's final position.

Eh?

The quote you’ve selected above is my response to Ian’s ‘priorities’ comment, to highlight how silly it is. I’ve not a clue what you’re on about with the shop “positioning”.

Go back to page 37 and you’ll see I was just giving John Cooper a reminder of dates/quotes from Jon Back.

Little challenges like this don’t go unnoticed by people at the club, Davie - All of a sudden there’s a new blog due.

You don’t have to thank me though.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
So, you are not impressed with the amount of work that has been going on with the ‘actual grandstand’ project in the last 2 months?
I could screenshot your comments of early September but I have been advised that it winds people up so I just summarised what you said.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

davie nine":cy1a7c33 said:
So, you are not impressed with the amount of work that has been going on with the ‘actual grandstand’ project in the last 2 months?
I could screenshot your comments of early September but I have been advised that it winds people up so I just summarised what you said.

Tbh Davie I find it a bit weird that you’re so bothered if I’m impressed about something or not.

The latest GoS update is “6months on”. Six months ago dismantling and ripping out started. Six months on, we’re still dismantling and ripping out, with more still to go. So if you really need to know - no I’m not impressed. On the contrary, the progress has been painful.

Break down the overall development into three sectors...

Club shop redevelopment
G T Fans bar development
Grandstand refurb

One of the club staff ( as quoted on here by someone) was saying it’ll be the new year before they’re in to the new club shop.

The GT building was originally supposed to be built, open and functioning September 2018.

If those two areas are any type of benchmark, then the timescale for the Grandstand finish would appear wildly optimistic.

Again Davie, you can file these observations under ‘questioning and challenging the club’. This is good apparently. Even Ian thinks so.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Grumpy Loyal":2eufhhlw said:
davie nine":2eufhhlw said:

Tbh Davie I find it a bit weird that you’re so bothered if I’m impressed about something or not.

The latest GoS update is “6months on”. Six months ago dismantling and ripping out started. Six months on, we’re still dismantling and ripping out, with more still to go. So if you really need to know - no I’m not impressed. On the contrary, the progress has been painful.

Break down the overall development into three sectors...

Club shop redevelopment
G T Fans bar development
Grandstand refurb

One of the club staff ( as quoted on here by someone) was saying it’ll be the new year before they’re in to the new club shop.

The GT building was originally supposed to be built, open and functioning September 2018.

If those two areas are any type of benchmark, then the timescale for the Grandstand finish would appear wildly optimistic.

Again Davie, you can file these observations under ‘questioning and challenging the club’. This is good apparently. Even Ian thinks so.

Of course it is.

The only problem with you is you sound like a broken record,

The shop and facade don't worry me, as I say, we've already got those so not a priority.

I'm up to speed with the GT's bar, but as a significant investor I'm happy with what I've been told by Liam and Gary.

IF the grandstand was as delayed it would be a cluster*** of epic proportions but I'm sure it won't be, so again, I'm cool about it.

Hope that explains my somewhat more optimistic viewpoint but we all think differently don't we?

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Oh there are things at the club I’m pretty optimistic about too.

I’d be expecting a new Chairman’s statement before too long.