New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb) | Page 34 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Superstore and Ticket Office (opens Tue 5 Feb)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Grumpy Loyal":3b1bkztj said:
Oh there are things at the club I’m pretty optimistic about too.

I’d be expecting a new Chairman’s statement before too long.

You’ll tire of him as well, it’s what you do.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The Grumpy Loyal":4yx01tcn said:
davie nine":4yx01tcn said:
So, you are not impressed with the amount of work that has been going on with the ‘actual grandstand’ project in the last 2 months?
I could screenshot your comments of early September but I have been advised that it winds people up so I just summarised what you said.

Tbh Davie I find it a bit weird that you’re so bothered if I’m impressed about something or not.

The latest GoS update is “6months on”. Six months ago dismantling and ripping out started. Six months on, we’re still dismantling and ripping out, with more still to go. So if you really need to know - no I’m not impressed. On the contrary, the progress has been painful.

Break down the overall development into three sectors...

Club shop redevelopment
G T Fans bar development
Grandstand refurb

One of the club staff ( as quoted on here by someone) was saying it’ll be the new year before they’re in to the new club shop.

The GT building was originally supposed to be built, open and functioning September 2018.

If those two areas are any type of benchmark, then the timescale for the Grandstand finish would appear wildly optimistic.

Again Davie, you can file these observations under ‘questioning and challenging the club’. This is good apparently. Even Ian thinks so.
At least, you are no longer suggesting that the Grandstand refurbishment will not be finished. I will not be too surprised if we do not achieve the completion date (300 days to go) but I, and, I know,many other Pasoti supporters, just become frustrated by your pessimistic predictions. As soon as one prediction is proved wrong you just move on to another.

You must be relieved to see the change of ownership of our club but, of course, the 'savvy' Simon Hallett is only 'on board' because 'when the club bought the freehold the value of his shareholding would rocket overnight' (your words).
I think that you may have changed your mind about that prediction or at least modified your opinion.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Looks like the ticket office windows are being fitted today.

May 16, 2016
Bermudian Green":g1pnf2nk said:
John Cooper":g1pnf2nk said:

Finally! A bit of transparency!

Good attempt, but I've seen through you. Continue being a pane and its Curtains for you. No doubt people will read this with a Glazed expression, but typically Argyle you'll never get the Blind to see.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
pedro91":20rpjmj1 said:
John Cooper":20rpjmj1 said:
No windows fitted yet

When I walked by on the Wednesday, they were working on a window frame laid out on ground. One guy was running is hand around the (window) opening nearest new superstore. Either I put 2+2 together and got 5, or there is another setback?

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
pedro91":1kx5ntmc said:
Working on the facade this morning

Barry ever thought of writing a suspense thriller.