No answer from Ruben? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

No answer from Ruben?

Argyle till July

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Dec 6, 2016
Are we likely to receive some form of compensation via a tribunal if he moves on?

Unless I've read it wrong I'm sure that we would be entitled to some form of compensation given that he was 24 when we offered him a new deal.

Michael Fleet

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Sep 15, 2003
Argyle's statement about Lammeiras says nothing. This is what it should have said: "As the player has not been in contact he is no longer considered a player for Plymouth Argyle and we wish him well for the future." Time to move on.

Sep 6, 2006
Mark Pedlar":1bzrt35g said:
A few players will have been offered a contract but will have waited to see if our new manager was prepared to increase that offer.

Songo'o, Carey and Fox will have had their revised offers and not liked them. Others are still weighing up options. Our revised offer maybe their 3rd, 4th or 5th choice but it's the safety net and few will want to take that away (Edwards) until they've made a decision or Argyle have removed the net. They will want to make the decision as late as possible if they have a number of suitors.

Reuben will be off I have no doubt. It's not an earth shattering blow. He's at best a Championship player but his realistic level is league 1. Enjoyable and frustrating in equal measure his contribution to the team's performance will be easily replaced.

So you think it will be easy to get a player of similar quality to Reuben do you? :funny:

Sep 6, 2006
r4h4al":ymx1b2uh said:
Michael_Fleet":ymx1b2uh said:
As far as I'm concerned, there's not a single player from last season's pitiful capitulation that I will be sorry to see go. Unless they show total commitment to getting us back up they can go wherever they want.
Agree.

So because we went down, largely due to a hopeless defence, you therefore think not one player is worth keeping. Dont think you have thought it through.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Strange this one, maybe another contract has been offered in light of Carey departing releasing more funds for Reubs? You don't normally get a statement like this when a player doesn't sign do you?

Oct 31, 2015
Michael_Fleet":32kundnj said:
As far as I'm concerned, there's not a single player from last season's pitiful capitulation that I will be sorry to see go. Unless they show total commitment to getting us back up they can go wherever they want.

Nail and head

Totally agree. This upcoming season is one of rebuild after the squad left behind from previous tenure.

May 16, 2016
rsp4":2db6mrp8 said:
Michael_Fleet":2db6mrp8 said:

Nail and head

Totally agree. This upcoming season is one of rebuild after the squad left behind from previous tenure.

It would be frustrating to see Players who played their part in last Season's capitulation to up their game and show that they were capable of better and more commitment than previously thought though, wouldn't it ?

Partly on their part for not trying harder, but more so for highlighting the previous Managment Team's ability to bring out the worst in someone.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Michael_Fleet":32gih0o2 said:
Argyle's statement about Lammeiras says nothing. This is what it should have said: "As the player has not been in contact he is no longer considered a player for Plymouth Argyle and we wish him well for the future." Time to move on.

What does the statement say please?

I can’t find reference to it.

Oct 31, 2015
Guiri Green":lrkbny14 said:
rsp4":lrkbny14 said:
Michael_Fleet":lrkbny14 said:

Nail and head

It would be frustrating to see Players who played their part in last Season's capitulation to up their game and show that they were capable of better and more commitment than previously thought though, wouldn't it ?

Partly on their part for not trying harder, but more so for highlighting the previous Managment Team's ability to bring out the worst in someone.

Agree but I think a couple of them have left already. I think RL will bring his own players in.

Please let's win a few games before xmas :scarf:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Argyle till July":3toyf94l said:
Are we likely to receive some form of compensation via a tribunal if he moves on?

Unless I've read it wrong I'm sure that we would be entitled to some form of compensation given that he was 24 when we offered him a new deal.

I’m also Interested to know this if anyone on here knows how the compensation works for younger 24 and unders..

Normally if it’s applicable it would go to a tribunal ..

Jul 12, 2016
I'm disappointed that Ruben seems to be treating the club with contempt. Thought he would have been more open and honest after winning our player of the year award.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Justin":pczhce7r said:
Michael_Fleet":pczhce7r said:

What does the statement say please?

I can’t find reference to it.
It was in the Herald:

New Pilgrims’ boss Ryan Lowe had stated earlier this week that he wanted to know by Thursday morning whether Lameiras would be accepting a new deal to stay at Home Park or leaving.

But as of late Thursday afternoon there had been no word about that happening.

An Argyle spokesman told Plymouth Live: “The club has nothing further to add at the moment to Ryan’s comment on Tuesday that he would like a decision from Ruben Lameiras on his future by Thursday morning.”

Jimmyd

✅ Evergreen
♣️ SWAG Member
Jan 3, 2009
JannerinCardiff":hlfax699 said:
Argyle till July":hlfax699 said:

I’m also Interested to know this if anyone on here knows how the compensation works for younger 24 and unders..

Normally if it’s applicable it would go to a tribunal ..

I'm fairly sure the offer has to be at least the same terms as the players current contract, ie same wage or higher. But i might be wrong. Doubtful that the club offered improved terms following relegation