No free agents available? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

No free agents available?

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
foreigner":cj8barv2 said:
Kuba LFP":cj8barv2 said:
Compared to other clubs from League One, Plymouth defensive wingers are not on the bottom of the list "Speed and stamina", so blueprint about 3 Center Backs and 2 wingers is proper.
Any chance of that in English?

Goggle translate I Reckon.

Feb 23, 2008
foreigner":jc8bkbw9 said:
Kuba LFP":jc8bkbw9 said:
Compared to other clubs from League One, Plymouth defensive wingers are not on the bottom of the list "Speed and stamina", so blueprint about 3 Center Backs and 2 wingers is proper.

He said a 352/532 would work as we have players suitable to play it.

You know, the same thing we've been saying for the last 3 seasons.

Feb 23, 2008
Ollieargyle9":2jcwxlhv said:
Doumbe Dance Band":2jcwxlhv said:
JannerinCardiff":2jcwxlhv said:
I would love James Collins, a real solid CB..

as a Welshman I love the guy, but his big weakness has always been pace, so I don't think he'd make enough of a difference to justify what i'd imagine would be a high wage

I think we need a leader in there, someone like Bradley who can organise the defence whilst lead by example in being calm and assured in possession. Too often our defenders look panicked, they never seem to want the ball. You need a leader who can not only win the ball but calms everything down once he's got it.

I'd love it if we got Collins, we certainly need someone like him to spark life into our defence. Sadly though he'll be out of our price range.

Let's not forget some of the poo shows we had at home with Bradley in the back 4 though.

I was a big fan of his but until Vyner turned up we had some heavy, heavy home defeats.

I'd suggest on the evidence of the two or three games I've seen him in P Grant is the closest to what you described above.

He doesn't even look like a footballer but he seems to make up for not being your average shape CB by reading the game well, passing out of defence well, tackling cleanly and seems to be in the right place at the right time.

I hate to say it but I would drop Edwards for the time being and give Canavan or Wootton a go there.

Dec 21, 2015
nick_PASTIE":pyhdgzug said:
These will do!!!??????

Gabriel Agbonlahor Aston Villa
Glen Johnson Stoke City
James Collins West Ham United
Darren Bent Derby County
Robert Huth Leicester City
Samir Nasri Antalyaspor
Victor Anichebe Beijing Enterprises
Mathieu Flamini Getafe
Scott Golbourne Bristol City
Peter Whittingham Blackburn Rovers
Lacina Traore Monaco

Copied and pasted straight off the BBC website... Great research you put into that little post

How many of those players do you think would play for less than 10k a week

As the main article says on the BBC some players are without a club because they won't drop down below a potential top 6 championship club

Some even prepared to stay out of football because they can afford to until a good deal comes along

Dec 21, 2015
Hindsight is also a wonderful thing I seem to recall many saying our close season signings were of a good quality many even excited about some of the new players

Yet the manager is now hung out to dry because they were his signings and majority so far have under performed

Bradley I seem to remember was often criticised for his turning circle of a triple decker bus and the pace of a dead greyhound

I wonder how many that are now screaming to rid of all things Adams were the ones shouting loudest and praising him just over 10 weeks ago

Some fickle fans in football

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
TonyD":im7kfhyf said:
nick_PASTIE":im7kfhyf said:
These will do!!!??????

Gabriel Agbonlahor Aston Villa
Glen Johnson Stoke City
James Collins West Ham United
Darren Bent Derby County
Robert Huth Leicester City
Samir Nasri Antalyaspor
Victor Anichebe Beijing Enterprises
Mathieu Flamini Getafe
Scott Golbourne Bristol City
Peter Whittingham Blackburn Rovers
Lacina Traore Monaco

Copied and pasted straight off the BBC website... Great research you put into that little post

How many of those players do you think would play for less than 10k a week

As the main article says on the BBC some players are without a club because they won't drop down below a potential top 6 championship club

Some even prepared to stay out of football because they can afford to until a good deal comes along

I honestly reckon we could get James Collins, he’s 35 now and I reckon a pay as you play deal could suit both parties..

Feb 23, 2008
TonyD":3n2jp91j said:
Hindsight is also a wonderful thing I seem to recall many saying our close season signings were of a good quality many even excited about some of the new players

Yet the manager is now hung out to dry because they were his signings and majority so far have under performed

Bradley I seem to remember was often criticised for his turning circle of a triple decker bus and the pace of a dead greyhound

I wonder how many that are now screaming to rid of all things Adams were the ones shouting loudest and praising him just over 10 weeks ago

Some fickle fans in football

How is a dead greyhound slower than anything else that's dead then? ;-)

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
chunkymonkey78":2a3ht86t said:
Ollieargyle9":2a3ht86t said:
Doumbe Dance Band":2a3ht86t said:
JannerinCardiff":2a3ht86t said:
I would love James Collins, a real solid CB..

as a Welshman I love the guy, but his big weakness has always been pace, so I don't think he'd make enough of a difference to justify what i'd imagine would be a high wage

I think we need a leader in there, someone like Bradley who can organise the defence whilst lead by example in being calm and assured in possession. Too often our defenders look panicked, they never seem to want the ball. You need a leader who can not only win the ball but calms everything down once he's got it.

I'd love it if we got Collins, we certainly need someone like him to spark life into our defence. Sadly though he'll be out of our price range.

Let's not forget some of the poo shows we had at home with Bradley in the back 4 though.

I was a big fan of his but until Vyner turned up we had some heavy, heavy home defeats.

I'd suggest on the evidence of the two or three games I've seen him in P Grant is the closest to what you described above.

He doesn't even look like a footballer but he seems to make up for not being your average shape CB by reading the game well, passing out of defence well, tackling cleanly and seems to be in the right place at the right time.

I hate to say it but I would drop Edwards for the time being and give Canavan or Wootton a go there.

Canavan yes, definitely no to Wooton IMO.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
foreigner":2wh8n4ox said:
Kuba LFP":2wh8n4ox said:

Can we possibly cut Kuba a bit of slack? Fairly obvious that he is posting in a second language. :think:

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Adams has confirmed that there will be no free agent signings ala Toums last season. It’s in the Herald.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Pogleswoody":1fcjjbtd said:
foreigner":1fcjjbtd said:
Kuba LFP":1fcjjbtd said:

Can we possibly cut Kuba a bit of slack? Fairly obvious that he is posting in a second language. :think:

:clap:

Exactly right.