NO iFollow next season - Argyle going it alone Page 3 on | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

NO iFollow next season - Argyle going it alone Page 3 on

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
saxman":3qlo12ox said:
the atmosphere would suffer at matches.
Fewer people ranting at the defence you mean?

My wife, dog, and neighbours would probably support the idea of no iFollow for the UK next season.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Argylegames":368pe7ed said:
saxman":368pe7ed said:
the atmosphere would suffer at matches.
Fewer people ranting at the defence you mean?

My wife, dog, and neighbours would probably support the idea of no iFollow for the UK next season.

You and me both! My dog is learning an incredibly wide vocabulary of invective... :lol:

Mar 4, 2004
It would be great if it continued as though I feel the live experience at the ground is far better. I have a five hour round trip which means I only go maybe half a dozen times a season but I've watched every game on ifollow this season. So that's more revenue from me than they've ever had before and not driving being good for the environment so very green act. It's been the best thing about lockdown watching every game so I shall miss it if it goes.

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
Sideline Sam":2e66cq0d said:
I think it would be bad news to have iFollow next season! Too many TV hacks to be able to watch for free and surely it would effect attendance for those sat on the fence if they should go or stay in thier man cave (extremely popular since lockdowns) and watch with friends!
Expats around the world for sure should be able to watch their team!
Also a bigger long term problem (in my opinion)
Is kids football on a Saturday! Like lots of towns and Cities around the country it should be a Sunday kids league! So they can watch their home team on a Saturday!

I live 500 miles from Home Park, so it has been a joy to be able to watch the Greens for the vast majority of matches this season. I'd be tempted to suggest that 'overseas' should be extended to include everywhere that's not England :)

That said, if crowds are back next season, I think I will be doing my best to get to Ayr games up here - there's nothing to beat the atmosphere of a live game. But it would be nice to have the option :)

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Why cant they just show away games on iFollow in the UK, that way for example Argyle would get their home crowd money and they would get their share from iFollow for the away games. I'm sure this would benefit all teams.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
Clearly our club want ifollow to continue showing all our games to everyone so we should support them in their efforts. No doubt they see it as a valuable income source. Personally I cant wait to watch a live game again but for numerous reasons some supporters will not want to attend. Like all things we have to move with the times.

Oct 5, 2013
Ottawa Green":19t3hsi1 said:
Why cant they just show away games on iFollow in the UK, that way for example Argyle would get their home crowd money and they would get their share from iFollow for the away games. I'm sure this would benefit all teams.

Very good idea. As you probably know, Argyle get all of the money their own supporters pay for iFollow, less the 15% or so that is deducted for iFollow’s admin role.

I'm another one in favour of iFollow continuing. Like others, I've seen more matches and probably put more money into Argyle (away games at least) than usual. As an exile, it would be a very useful option whereas at present even an evening commitment close to home rules me out completely. It would be nice to get back into the routine and I don't think it would reduce the number of games I attend by more than a handful. What would be interesting to know is the effect on Plymouth-based supporters who could go (health permitting etc.) but would choose not to.
Let's hope we are back to proper normal at the start of next season anyway, no crowd limitations, no antisocial distancing, no masks, as there should be no need.
If iFollow does continue to be available, it would be interesting to know how the revenue sharing would work for away games. I think at the start they said smething along the lines of the away team would benefit if they sold more than the number who typically went to each away game, whatever history they used to calculate that.

Oct 15, 2017
I will always attend home matches there's nothing quite like it but it would be nice to have the option to watch ifollow if for any reason you're incapacitated on the odd occasion not having to sit at home squirming about what's happening in the match. I'm a long-term season ticket holder and will renew again this season but I hope the club continues with the same system for next season and beyond as I don't go to many away games. I am a senior member so financially I am prepared to pay £300 for my ticket for home matches and another £230 for away matches, surely this would benefit the club.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
philevs":33pw5qqm said:
Ottawa Green":33pw5qqm said:

Very good idea. As you probably know, Argyle get all of the money their own supporters pay for iFollow, less the 15% or so that is deducted for iFollow’s admin role.

The problem with that is that small clubs like Wimbledon would expect big away crowds from the big League One clubs, Argyle would easily take 1,500 to the new Plough Lane, so the smaller clubs in the EFL might be against that idea or there might be a scheme agreed to balance it out. This season the revenue from the first 500 away iFollow subscriptions sold by the away club went to the home club and any sales after that went to the away club.

May 16, 2016
I've definitely got used to it. Showing away games would be good as very rarely go to them anyway. I can watch them when not in the UK but to be able to do so when home would be a bonus.

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
PL2 3DQ":3aekjwff said:
philevs":3aekjwff said:
Ottawa Green":3aekjwff said:

The problem with that is that small clubs like Wimbledon would expect big away crowds from the big League One clubs, Argyle would easily take 1,500 to the new Plough Lane, so the smaller clubs in the EFL might be against that idea or there might be a scheme agreed to balance it out. This season the revenue from the first 500 away iFollow subscriptions sold by the away club went to the home club and any sales after that went to the away club.

Yes - Andy Holt, chairman of Accrington has been vocal about this (pre-Covid).

Feb 18, 2006
Tewkesbury
Ottawa Green":17nv55xd said:

Great idea in principal, but how do you stop the home fans from tuning in and thus damaging the gate receipts still?

Oct 5, 2013
PL2 3DQ":3ggah6h4 said:
philevs":3ggah6h4 said:
Ottawa Green":3ggah6h4 said:

Ah thanks for that clarification on the income share at away matches.