NO iFollow next season - Argyle going it alone Page 3 on | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

NO iFollow next season - Argyle going it alone Page 3 on

Feb 8, 2005
Why would the EFL, or the Club for that matter, encourage more non attendance at matches?

We have enough armchair supporters watching Premiership clubs already.

The away matches being shown is a good idea and may be a money-spinner for the Club, but would it harm the fantastic support that we have away from home?

More thought to be put into this idea. Evidence of financial advantage to football clubs must be gained before we open these ideas up to the masses, and the advantages must not be weighed against the smaller clubs, who must also benefit from these ideas, otherwise we are no better than the Premiership boys who look for every advantage they can get over the smaller clubs.

Greed should not be part of the equation.

Dec 30, 2020
It wouldn't make anything but the most marginal difference to attendances.

Watching online is nothing like the real thing - any diehard Argyle fan would want to be at the game if they can possibly get there.

For casual fans, who get along to one or two games a season, it's the 'day out' aspect that's part of the appeal. They're not realistically going to give up their Saturday afternoons to watch Argyle in the living room. It's a service for the hardcore (I doubt many casual fans are even aware of iFollow's existence).

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
greenpilled":2fj4x3r0 said:
It wouldn't make anything but the most marginal difference to attendances.

Watching online is nothing like the real thing - any diehard Argyle fan would want to be at the game if they can possibly get there.

For casual fans, who get along to one or two games a season, it's the 'day out' aspect that's part of the appeal. They're not realistically going to give up their Saturday afternoons to watch Argyle in the living room. It's a service for the hardcore (I doubt many casual fans are even aware of iFollow's existence).

I work (in retail!) on Saturday mornings so going to HP with a ST and watching away games on iFollow would suit me fine!
We all know that you can't follow Argyle away without taking up most of the weekend to do it, all day Saturday at the very least.
So, I'd be up for it!
If money gets split with the away club then that is fine by me! :scarf:

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Argylegames":4q27qp78 said:
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/plymouth-argyle-quitting-ifollow-new-5349658

No iFollow next season - Argyle it offer own product.

Great idea. The clunky iFollow service has been poor for ages with its regular buffering, sound drop outs and random faults, with poor customer service to boot.

Having our own website is also going to be brilliant (hopefully) without being forced into a template design the same as so many other clubs.

Let's hope our version can be 10 x better! :thumbup:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
ChepstowGreen":3fmh761g said:
Argylegames":3fmh761g said:
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/plymouth-argyle-quitting-ifollow-new-5349658

Great idea. The clunky iFollow service has been poor for ages with its regular buffering, sound drop outs and random faults, with poor customer service to boot.

Having our own website is also going to be brilliant (hopefully) without being forced into a template design the same as so many other clubs.

Having watched 10-12 Argyle games on iFollow this season I can honestly say that buffering has NEVER been an issue. It's easy to blame the provider but your problem is probably closer to home.

Jul 18, 2011
jimsing":12jyzkd5 said:
Why would the EFL, or the Club for that matter, encourage more non attendance at matches?

We have enough armchair supporters watching Premiership clubs already.

The away matches being shown is a good idea and may be a money-spinner for the Club, but would it harm the fantastic support that we have away from home?

More thought to be put into this idea. Evidence of financial advantage to football clubs must be gained before we open these ideas up to the masses, and the advantages must not be weighed against the smaller clubs, who must also benefit from these ideas, otherwise we are no better than the Premiership boys who look for every advantage they can get over the smaller clubs.

Greed should not be part of the equation.

Because of where I live (and the fact I have a son who lives in the Midlands) I go mostly to away games so the club gets next to nothing from me. This season I’ve paid over £400 already for ifollow access to games so the club have certainly benefited considerably.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":vckfrv9h said:
ChepstowGreen":vckfrv9h said:
Argylegames":vckfrv9h said:

Having watched 10-12 Argyle games on iFollow this season I can honestly say that buffering has NEVER been an issue. It's easy to blame the provider but your problem is probably closer to home.

Thank you for your input LC.

If ever there's an opening at iFollow's Customer Service desk you sound perfect for the job. :lol:

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
ChepstowGreen":16car3ra said:
Lundan Cabbie":16car3ra said:
ChepstowGreen":16car3ra said:
Argylegames":16car3ra said:

Thank you for your input LC.

If ever there's an opening at iFollow's Customer Service desk you sound perfect for the job. :lol:

I agree with LC, I live in Spain and have watched every match home and away with rarely a problem. I'm a little concerned about this new initiative on two fronts though; one is the cost, and will we have full coverage of all away games as at present?

Aug 31, 2006
I wonder how this will work with away games? ArgyleFollow for home matches and iFollow for away?

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Agree with the above - my iFollow coverage has been near faultless (from a technical point of view!) having watched most games this season, bar a couple of commentary glitches.
I do wonder how it will work with away games, though. Maybe we will offer our home feed to iFollow in exchange for the iFollow feed being available for away games? I know that many championship and afaik all premiership clubs have their own media platforms so there is a tried and tested way its already done.
But I've a feeling the current availability to UK based fans is only a temporary agreement with the broadcast rights holders due to Covid, so once fans are allowed back in I suspect only overseas fans will be able to access the video feeds, as before.

Regardless, I hope they get it up and running in time to test it using the the pre-season friendlies. It would be a really bad move to have loads of "customers" trying it for the very first time for the opening game of the season.

Dec 3, 2005
philevs":h9t8hahj said:
The other thing is I always arrive around an hour before kick-off as I enjoy the whole atmosphere and build-up, plus with the new pre-match entertainment planned will mean that 25 quid for 3 hours is entertainment great value.

Whats this - NEW Pre- Match entertainment?

Does it include the mega decibles of noise - so you cannot 'talk' the the person next to you, only SHOUT?